What's new

I hope they dont mess DLC up

KCJ506

Noob
TBH, I'm not expecting any MKX character that isn't already on the base roster to be DLC

KP1:

Shang Tsung
Fujin
Havik
Sareena

KP2:

Rain
Reiko
Sindel
Human Smoke

1 guest per pack? We're lucky if we see only 2.
Pretty much. I don't want all these guests in the game, but the sad fact is that the guest characters sell the most. I'm still mad they put two more guests in the Kombat Pack 2 in MKX. They just take up room for potential returning MK characters. MK9 had two guests, MKX had four. What is this going to have, six? NRS needs cut back on this a bit.

Last edited:

DrFreezegood

Chaosrealm Ambassador
My KP1 prediction:
  1. Shang Tsung
  2. Li Mei
  3. Enenra[Loophole for not repeating DLC for Smoke]
  4. Nightwolf
  5. Spawn
  6. Pennywise
My KP1 hopes:
  1. Shang Tsung
  2. Sindel
  3. Nightwolf
  4. Havik
  5. Spawn
  6. Valak (Nun from Conjuring series)

Outworld Slasher

Cannibalistic Humanoid Fleshpit Dweller
I'm conflicted on whether MK X characters not already on the base roster will return as DLC.

Sektor, Cyrax, and Smoke all came back for MKX in the form of Triborg, so I wouldn't put it out of the question entirely. The KP rosters are also probably going to depend HEAVILY on who appears in story mode too, so we won't have any real idea until we actually play the game. Guests are an inevitability though, and all the horror guest teases are giving us some good ideas of who we'll probably see on that front.

That being said, here are my predictions!

KP 1
Shang Tsung
Sindel
Nightwolf
Havik
Michael Myers
Spawn

And if there's a KP 2 consisting of another six,

KP 2
Rain

Human Smoke
Sareena
Reiko
Pennywise

Doom Slayer

As a massive fan of Mileena, and a pretty big Human Reptile proponent myself, I'd love to see them both on these lists to fill out the MK II roster in the game proper, but the recent Kitana variation reveal has made it seem unlikely. If I were to cut out two characters in each pack to fit them in, It'd probably be Nightwolf (sorry!) and Reiko. I like both of those characters, but I'd much prefer the latter in MK 11 just to see them brought to life in the game's fantastic new engine.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I want to see Havik. I like Reptile, but he was in MKX, so I don't really mind if he sits this one out and take a break. But I really, REALLY need to play as Havik.

What does messing up DLC mean anyway? Yesterday's Kombat Kast was kinda meh for me because I'm not particularly interested in Kitana or D'Vorah and Cetrion was already shown by GI. But it was insane hype for HoneyBee and KP so it's kool. MKX DLC was 8/2 for me (Tremor was my main and Triborg was fun to mess around with), Injustice 2 was 9/3 (Red Hood, Hellboy, Leonardo) at best but even those 3 were just side characters for me. So if I were a smart man I wouldn't have bought the Premium Edition but I did it again.

My biggest problem with DLC is that we still don't know anything about it besides Shang. It's a common business practice and I bought Season Pass for MKX because Spawn was heavily teased. I did the same for I2 and guess what? I did the same for MK11. Now that the Chicago Comic Con reveal wasn't him I have serious doubts about Spawn again but in MKX I was really struggling to find a main until Tremor and he was the kombatant I have most fun with in the NRS era. The DLC can be anything for anyone until it's a mystery so it's a shady but totally understandable tactic from WB to keep us in the dark about it. It could be great for me in the end and total trash for any of you or vice versa.

Personally I want Spawn or no guests at all and would be hyped for Reiko and Havik. If we get 2 out of those 3, I have no complaints. Nightwolf could be another great character with the kustom variation system seeing how dope the redesigns are so far in this game. From then on everything can be either a hit or a miss for me.

My KP1 prediction:
  1. Shang Tsung
  2. Li Mei
  3. Enenra[Loophole for not repeating DLC for Smoke]
  4. Nightwolf
  5. Spawn
  6. Pennywise
My KP1 hopes:
  1. Shang Tsung
  2. Sindel
  3. Nightwolf
  4. Havik
  5. Spawn
  6. Valak (Nun from Conjuring series)
I would love to see Li Mei in. She and Kenshi were my favorites to come from the 3D era. And I don't think the "no repeat DLC" would apply to Smoke, as Smoke himself wasn't in Kombat Pack 2 in MKX, just Triborg emulating some of his moves.

The Gabriel

Mean Man
Michael Myers is a no-brainer and should definitely happen.

The Tall Man would be a perfect fit for a game like this and could be MK's Menat.

Candyman would be great and socially relevant now.

Spawn is trash, has no pop culture cache, and hopefully doesn't make it in.

KRYS9984

Noob
I wonder if there will be more DLC characters after the initial six; if that's the case, I'm kind torn on the issue.

- The good (players perspective) - we'll obviously have a bigger roster and many fan favorites have a chance of making it into the game.

- The bad (consumers perspective) - second guessing the Premium Edition because it's not giving you access to the complete / final roster for the price.

They did this with Mortal Kombat X Premium Edition (only gave 4 DLC characters) but offered access to all 9 DLC characters in Injustice 2 Ultimate Edition.

Not exactly sure what they're going for this time around but the situation is kind of bitter sweet to be honest.

Derwood1979

Professional Procrastinator
I love all the "NRS needs to do this with dlc" posts when WB most likely has most of the say since at the end of the day they write the checks. So all of you make it a habit of telling your boss how it's going to work?

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
I love all the "NRS needs to do this with dlc" posts when WB most likely has most of the say since at the end of the day they write the checks. So all of you make it a habit of telling your boss how it's going to work?
They are neither bosses nor employees. They are consumers. It is only logical to let the devs know what they (the consumers) want to consume. If they want INSERT CHARACTER NAME HERE, they do the right thing by letting NRS know. In the end it only increases the chances for WB to make even more money.

On the other hand, moronic comments like 'NRS are lazy because they didn't include Mileena in MK11' can fuck the right off, because they are so out of reality it's not even funny.

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
So, on the topic of DLC characters, let's assume the Kombat Pack 1 is going to have 2 guest characters, and 4 MK alumni.

Here's who we have left as potential MK DLC:

Goro
-Probably a no go, since he's dead on his throne AND he was in MKX

Reptile
-Still possible, but I think with Erron Black literally using his acid in one of his fatalities, Reptile is pretty much a no go as well.

Kintaro
-The game needs a Shokan, and we've never had Kintaro yet. Then again, he's basically a beefed up Goro...soooo, probably not.

Smoke
-One of the more likely DLC's. Haven't seen him playable in human form since MK9. He's a revenant, and that storyline has to be wrapped up at some point.

Chameleon
-I don't think so. Could be wrong, but I feel like NRS is avoid the Chameleon/Khameleon characters like they avoid Mokap and Meat. No, probably not.

Cyrax
-Apart from Frost, the game is seemingly devoid of cyborgs. Seems like a smart DLC move to put him in.

Ermac
-Another big favorite, but then again he was in MKX. So, eh, I'd give him good odds, but not great odds.

Motaro
-Died in MK9. Plus, probably a technical nightmare to animate and design, so probably not.

Nightwolf
-Another character we haven't been able to play as since MK9, and also still a revenant. Like Smoke, that storyline has to end at some point, and I think Nightwolf has a strong chance to be DLC.

Rain
-Despite Cetrion having a few of his powers, I don't think that automatically counts him out as DLC. I'd give him good odds.

Sheeva
-Need a Shokan, and since Kintaro is basically Goro on roids, Sheeva may offer an easier design to work with. Good shot I think.

Sindel
-I'm doubtful of Sindel being DLC. She's still a revenant, yes, so that's a plus for her. But then again, Kitana seems to have the Edenian Queen stuff on lockdown at the moment. So, most likely not.

Sektor
-See Cyrax

Stryker
-I like Stryker, and he's still part of that revenant storyline, but I think he only has a small chance, given the number of characters that already kind of fill his niche (See, the Cages, the Briggs).

Fujin
-A lot of folks seem to want him in. He hasn't been playable since MKA, but Cetrion knocks down his chances, me thinks.

Sareena
-I actually think Sareena could be a strong DLC candidate. She has ties to Bi-Han, has never really been in an MK game that wasn't MKA or MK: Mythologies. So, I'd rate her as high.

Quan Chi
-Was base roster in MKX, so that kind of puts him in the "probably no" category.

Shinnok
-See Quan Chi, and his status as beheaded. Although, this game seems to have a lot of family drama in it between the gods, so I think he has at least a decent chance.

Jarek
-Probably not.

Kai
-Probably not.

Reiko
-Probably not, but being a general for Shao Kahn, I think he has a better chance than Jarek or Kai.

Tanya
-She was DLC in MKX, and Kitana seems to have taken some of her shtick. So, most likely no.

Tremor
-Again, DLC in MKX. Probably won't be DLC again.

Blaze
-I don't see him or Onaga being DLC.

Bo' Rai Cho
-Was DLC for MKX. Most likely not DLC for MK11.

Drahmin
-I don't think NRS has any plans for Drahmin or Moloch. So, probably not.

Moloch
-See Drahmin

Hsu Hao
-He's reviled by a lot of the community and by the devs. Then again, the devs have been knocking character redesigns out of the park lately, so maybe? No...no I don't thin so on second thought.

Kenshi
-Has been in both MK9 and MKX, once as DLC and once as base. I don't see Kenshi coming back as DLC again, even if he is one of the more popular 3D era fighters.

Li Mei
-I think Li Mei could potentially become DLC for MK11, given that her last game was MKA, and she's made a few appearances in MKX. So, I'd give her a decent shot.

Mavado
-Nah. Most likely not seeing Mavado again, just like Hsu Hao.

Nitara
-I think Skarlet pretty well covers the bloodsucker shtick. So, no.

Ashrah
-Like Li Mei, I think Ashrah has a decent chance, as we haven't seen her since MKA. I still think Li Mei is more likely given her appearances in MKX.

Dairou
-Probably not.

Darrius
-Probably not.

Havik
-Popular 3D era fighter. Has some relevance to Noob. I think Havik is a good candidate for DLC.

Hotaru
-I don't want to say no per-se, but I also really doubt his return.

Kira
-Kira is a decent possibility. She could get the Skarlet royal treatment and be a cool mercenary character.

Kobra
-See Dairou and Darrius.

Onaga
-I don't think so. Again, it feels like NRS is actively shunning parts of the 3D era, and I think Onaga is one of them. So, probably not.

Shujinko
-Since Shujinko's schtick was using the powers of other fighters (like Chameleon and Khameleon), I don't foresee Shujinko being DLC.

Daegon
-Don't think so.

Taven
-See Daegon. These two may return in a theoretical MK12 that follows Kenshi and Takeda's story endings. But not DLC for MK11.

Jerrod
-Confirmed dead by Kitana in her intro? Probably not DLC.

Ferra/Torr
-MKX newbies. Could possibly be DLC, but with Ferra as the new Torr. Still, I don't give it good odds.

Kung Jin
-MKX newbie. Like Takeda, I think Kung Jin has a good chance of being DLC.

Takeda
-See Kung Jin

Triborg
-I think unlikely, given that he was DLC in MKX.

So, that leaves us with new list of condensed characters that have a good or decent shot of being MK 11 DLC:

1. Smoke
  2. Cyrax
  3. Nightwolf
  4. Sheeva
  5. Sektor
  6. Sareena
  7. Shinnok
  8. Li Mei
  9. Ashrah
  10. Havik
  11. Kira
  12. Kung Jin
  13. Takeda
  14. Shang Tsung (confirmed already).
So, if we get two KP's, each with 4 MK characters, I don't think it's unreasonable to predict that most of the MK DLC will come from the above, condensed list.

And if I had to take a guess, I think the following eight will be DLC when all is said and done (and not including guests):

1. Shang (obviously)
  2. Cyrax
  3. Sektor
  4. Ermac
  5. Nightwolf
  6. Li Mei
  7. Smoke
  8. Havik

JGillette

My thirst for knowledge cannot be quenched
Me : Well they are off to a good start with Shang Tsung so while I am not going to get my hopes up too high I am somewhat optimistic.

NRS : KP1 is Shang Tsung, Shujinko, Daegon, and Taven!!!

Me :

I don't agree with the hate towards Shujinko , but can't comment on Daegon and Taven :D

Hostile_18

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42.
I feel like one of the only ones who would be pretty much happy for the season pass to include whoever NRS is passionate about bringing back. Let it be their choice, make it what excites them and it will shine through in their work. They have earned our trust as far as im concerned ;).

Strictly stupulating it must be this character or that is setting yourself up for potential disappointment and is a little unfair.

Last edited:

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
Here are my predictions:

KP1:
  1. Shang
  2. Pennywise (inheriting Mileena's signature bite move)
  3. Sindel
  4. Hydro
  5. Takeda (inheriting some of Kenshi's moves)
  6. Michael Myers
Then KP2 will have a huge guest like Spawn and it will increase the lifespan.

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
So, on the topic of DLC characters, let's assume the Kombat Pack 1 is going to have 2 guest characters, and 4 MK alumni.

Here's who we have left as potential MK DLC:

Goro
-Probably a no go, since he's dead on his throne AND he was in MKX

Reptile
-Still possible, but I think with Erron Black literally using his acid in one of his fatalities, Reptile is pretty much a no go as well.

Kintaro
-The game needs a Shokan, and we've never had Kintaro yet. Then again, he's basically a beefed up Goro...soooo, probably not.

Smoke
-One of the more likely DLC's. Haven't seen him playable in human form since MK9. He's a revenant, and that storyline has to be wrapped up at some point.

Chameleon
-I don't think so. Could be wrong, but I feel like NRS is avoid the Chameleon/Khameleon characters like they avoid Mokap and Meat. No, probably not.

Cyrax
-Apart from Frost, the game is seemingly devoid of cyborgs. Seems like a smart DLC move to put him in.

Ermac
-Another big favorite, but then again he was in MKX. So, eh, I'd give him good odds, but not great odds.

Motaro
-Died in MK9. Plus, probably a technical nightmare to animate and design, so probably not.

Nightwolf
-Another character we haven't been able to play as since MK9, and also still a revenant. Like Smoke, that storyline has to end at some point, and I think Nightwolf has a strong chance to be DLC.

Rain
-Despite Cetrion having a few of his powers, I don't think that automatically counts him out as DLC. I'd give him good odds.

Sheeva
-Need a Shokan, and since Kintaro is basically Goro on roids, Sheeva may offer an easier design to work with. Good shot I think.

Sindel
-I'm doubtful of Sindel being DLC. She's still a revenant, yes, so that's a plus for her. But then again, Kitana seems to have the Edenian Queen stuff on lockdown at the moment. So, most likely not.

Sektor
-See Cyrax

Stryker
-I like Stryker, and he's still part of that revenant storyline, but I think he only has a small chance, given the number of characters that already kind of fill his niche (See, the Cages, the Briggs).

Fujin
-A lot of folks seem to want him in. He hasn't been playable since MKA, but Cetrion knocks down his chances, me thinks.

Sareena
-I actually think Sareena could be a strong DLC candidate. She has ties to Bi-Han, has never really been in an MK game that wasn't MKA or MK: Mythologies. So, I'd rate her as high.

Quan Chi
-Was base roster in MKX, so that kind of puts him in the "probably no" category.

Shinnok
-See Quan Chi, and his status as beheaded. Although, this game seems to have a lot of family drama in it between the gods, so I think he has at least a decent chance.

Jarek
-Probably not.

Kai
-Probably not.

Reiko
-Probably not, but being a general for Shao Kahn, I think he has a better chance than Jarek or Kai.

Tanya
-She was DLC in MKX, and Kitana seems to have taken some of her shtick. So, most likely no.

Tremor
-Again, DLC in MKX. Probably won't be DLC again.

Blaze
-I don't see him or Onaga being DLC.

Bo' Rai Cho
-Was DLC for MKX. Most likely not DLC for MK11.

Drahmin
-I don't think NRS has any plans for Drahmin or Moloch. So, probably not.

Moloch
-See Drahmin

Hsu Hao
-He's reviled by a lot of the community and by the devs. Then again, the devs have been knocking character redesigns out of the park lately, so maybe? No...no I don't thin so on second thought.

Kenshi
-Has been in both MK9 and MKX, once as DLC and once as base. I don't see Kenshi coming back as DLC again, even if he is one of the more popular 3D era fighters.

Li Mei
-I think Li Mei could potentially become DLC for MK11, given that her last game was MKA, and she's made a few appearances in MKX. So, I'd give her a decent shot.

Mavado
-Nah. Most likely not seeing Mavado again, just like Hsu Hao.

Nitara
-I think Skarlet pretty well covers the bloodsucker shtick. So, no.

Ashrah
-Like Li Mei, I think Ashrah has a decent chance, as we haven't seen her since MKA. I still think Li Mei is more likely given her appearances in MKX.

Dairou
-Probably not.

Darrius
-Probably not.

Havik
-Popular 3D era fighter. Has some relevance to Noob. I think Havik is a good candidate for DLC.

Hotaru
-I don't want to say no per-se, but I also really doubt his return.

Kira
-Kira is a decent possibility. She could get the Skarlet royal treatment and be a cool mercenary character.

Kobra
-See Dairou and Darrius.

Onaga
-I don't think so. Again, it feels like NRS is actively shunning parts of the 3D era, and I think Onaga is one of them. So, probably not.

Shujinko
-Since Shujinko's schtick was using the powers of other fighters (like Chameleon and Khameleon), I don't foresee Shujinko being DLC.

Daegon
-Don't think so.

Taven
-See Daegon. These two may return in a theoretical MK12 that follows Kenshi and Takeda's story endings. But not DLC for MK11.

Jerrod
-Confirmed dead by Kitana in her intro? Probably not DLC.

Ferra/Torr
-MKX newbies. Could possibly be DLC, but with Ferra as the new Torr. Still, I don't give it good odds.

Kung Jin
-MKX newbie. Like Takeda, I think Kung Jin has a good chance of being DLC.

Takeda
-See Kung Jin

Triborg
-I think unlikely, given that he was DLC in MKX.

So, that leaves us with new list of condensed characters that have a good or decent shot of being MK 11 DLC:

1. Smoke
  2. Cyrax
  3. Nightwolf
  4. Sheeva
  5. Sektor
  6. Sareena
  7. Shinnok
  8. Li Mei
  9. Ashrah
  10. Havik
  11. Kira
  12. Kung Jin
  13. Takeda
  14. Shang Tsung (confirmed already).
So, if we get two KP's, each with 4 MK characters, I don't think it's unreasonable to predict that most of the MK DLC will come from the above, condensed list.

And if I had to take a guess, I think the following eight will be DLC when all is said and done (and not including guests):

1. Shang (obviously)
  2. Cyrax
  3. Sektor
  4. Ermac
  5. Nightwolf
  6. Li Mei
  7. Smoke
  8. Havik
A pretty well-thought analysis. Kudos!

BS3OOO

Noob
we were to get these kharacters as DLC, that would bring in alot more people

KP1
Shang Tsung
Rain
Fujin
Ermac
Smoke (Human)
Spawn

KP2
Reptile
Mileena can still happen
Havik
Sindel
Nightwolf
Ash Williams (Guest are inevitable unfortunately)

KP3 to make an even 40
Cyrax
Sektor
Stryker or another guest like Pennywise or Michael Myers
I wouldn't mind KP1, but I think Ermac could sit out a game. KP2....ehhh. I'd be disappointed with Reptile returning (give him a break and let him turn into the Dragon King or something). I don't want to see Mileena, but I'd be happy to stop the bitching of her whiny ass fans. It's a huge NO for Sindel. There's nothing too appealing about her character. As far as Nightwolf goes, I'd love to see get a cool upgrade. I

Derwood1979

Professional Procrastinator
They are neither bosses nor employees. They are consumers. It is only logical to let the devs know what they (the consumers) want to consume. If they want INSERT CHARACTER NAME HERE, they do the right thing by letting NRS know. In the end it only increases the chances for WB to make even more money.

On the other hand, moronic comments like 'NRS are lazy because they didn't include Mileena in MK11' can fuck the right off, because they are so out of reality it's not even funny.
Lol, yeah, ok

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
Another DLC predictions thread? I'll just drop mine again :D

For KP1:
  • Shang Tsung
  • Smoke
  • Sindel
  • Obscure MK character (Hydro, Belokk, Lucifer, etc.)
  • Guest uno
  • Guest Dos.
If we get a KP2:
  • Cyrax/Sektor (My guess is 1 personality with both movesets)
  • Nightwolf
  • Fujin
  • Takeda
More guests etc.

are we 100% sure frost is the missing character? everyone is assuming this but i dont remember any official source about it

as for the dlc, i think we can expect some fan favorites that we didnt see in mkx, such as sindel and nightwolf, and maybe some of the mkx kids