What's new

I hope NRS resolves all these subplots they've accumulated

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
guize the injustice comic is still ongoing and its so cray its addressed every little thing lol.

hopefully MKX will do the same even though its a different writer.

but so far theres MORE subplots in this one womp womp

the after credits scene is really rushed, I know it's to give a glimpse of the next MK but man it sure feel rushed.
I hate the good plots that ended up being a narration, such as the Lin Kuei takeover by Sub Zero, and how he battles Sektor.

We need to know more about the new characters damnit, it's not enough characters development there.

Shinnok seems awesome on paper, but within the story mode it's just not as big of a threat as Shao Kahn.
Shinnok is cool as hell, but Shao Kahn is up there with Bison and most likely higher as far as great fighting game bosses go.

shig

kool guy
What I really want to know is why the fuck is liu kang and kung lao old af? the story did not at all show what happened to them in the end
To fool you. The old man skins are just "what if" scenarios. They showed them in all the trailers and streams as their main skin because ed boon likes telling lies to people.

zydrate101

XBL: zydrate101
JADE WASN'T EVEN MENTIONED AT ALL.

Like wtf how did everyone else who died come back and not her.
And also Kitana had like 45 seconds of total screen time. Sindel had more. And why did Kitana become an MKX character? Doesn't make ANY sense according to the story.

lol
I know right lol at the fact both sindel and tanya have more screen time then kitana what a joke.

Don't see them as a fitting pair to do that. Plus, Raiden has gone evil? Whoa, what da fuq?
I am like, shit has gone to hell now! Way to go Raiden, you F*cked us all.
Raiden entered the jinsai to cleanse it
and became corrupted in the process

personally I don't like evil raiden
they've been trying to push him on us since MK5
so they must have something they want to use him for
but the only way I'd care about him is if Fujin steps up to be earth realms protector
to put an end to him

Spooky Deadeye

Project-6 β
Raiden entered the jinsai to cleanse it
and became corrupted in the process

personally I don't like evil raiden
they've been trying to push him on us since MK5
so they must have something they want to use him for
but the only way I'd care about him is if Fujin steps up to be earth realms protector
to put an end to him
My thoughts exactly.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
Versus mode Kitana isn't even canon. Neither is Kung Lao or Liu Kang. By that I mean their defaults and their persona intros along with it.

Why is jade not a revenant?

Also, where did Sheeva go?

zydrate101

XBL: zydrate101
Versus mode Kitana isn't even canon. Neither is Kung Lao or Liu Kang. By that I mean their defaults and their persona intros along with it.

Why is jade not a revenant?

Also, where did Sheeva go?
sheeva is sucking some kintaro D she ain't got time for nothing!:DOGE
It's true tho which really makes boons comment about jade being dead irrelevant.

iMileena

"I will cut a hole in you"
I never understood why it only took cassie (a mortal) to kill shinnok , it didnt make sense .. but i can see if raiden killed him, but cassie? Its weird

And another thing WHERES FUJIN :mad::mad::mad:

Justice

Noob
Raiden isn't evil, he's just gone full-on fanatical/psycho. He will now protect Earthrealm by eliminating its enemies in place of defeating them.

Skarlet was created by Shao Khan's magic. So when khan died, guess what happened to Skarlet?

Jade deserves at least a footnote or a "where is she now". I would assume that she was eliminated in the previous war with Netherrealm but it would be nice for a little heads up.

Reptile is a creature of instinct, not intelligence. He is a character doomed to live with a goal he cannot attain.

The Quqn Chi thing. I've been going back and forth on this one. All I can say is, from my time with RPGs that spells do have an area of effect and that range gets smaller the more powerful the spell is.

Ermac needs little story time because his body is the story. Without Shao Khan's magic to hold him together, he is falling apart and the trapped souls are escaping.

Kotal Khan. Yeah it's hard to be afraid of a dood that gets his ass handed to him by some punk kid. He's the Emperor of Outworld. But as revealed in the story, he became emperor not by force, but by his silver tongue. Like a good dictator, he sits back and watches while his flunkies do all the work. Still, it would have been nice for him to go down a little harder.

NRS is setting the stage for the new characters so not all of them can be important at first. Erron Black has huge story potential just answering the question "why did he choose Outworld?" Cassie beating Shinnok due to that strange glow that only shows when the person feels the need to save the life of a loved one. Story armor for sure but potential there to go back into the Cage family history for a chapter.

Scorpion killing Quan Chi. This is the modern age guys. You don't think it was all over the news that he was captured, possibly preventing another war? Or even some jackass with an iPhone instagramming it out? Although for immersion sake, it would have been nice to have a newscast in the background or something. But let's be real here, this one isn't difficult to get.

Plot holes are just a reminder that the characters are a part of a bigger story and we can only seems much at once.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Skarlet was created by Shao Khan's magic. So when khan died, guess what happened to Skarlet?

Ermac needs little story time because his body is the story. Without Shao Khan's magic to hold him together, he is falling apart and the trapped souls are escaping.
Inconsistency. Ermac was also a creation of Shao Khan. If he's still around Skarlet should be too... and Equally decrepit as Ermac.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
The cliffhangers really leave you hanging by the balls. For some reason, i get the feeling most stuff won't be explained because is NRS.
NRS loves to add things into the lore and such, but somewhere along the road, they just kinda drop it in a way (Leaving you in a cliffhanger saying da fuq?) you just wish they never even did it. One of the things i don't like and won't like is how Mk X ended. Liu Kang and Kitana as rulers of the Netherrealm?
Don't see them as a fitting pair to do that. Plus, Raiden has gone evil? Whoa, what da fuq?
I am like, shit has gone to hell now! Way to go Raiden, you F*cked us all.
I don't think Raiden turned "evil" really. He just turned more badass. He's more like... "I'm sick of Earthrealm getting shit on all the time, so I'm gonna be more proactive rather than reactive, and just kill these bitches from now on." He's still the protector of Earthrealm though. I mean that's basically what I got from it.

I thought it was one of the best endings I've seen in quite a while.

Overall, I think the MK9 and Injustice stories were better...with that said, this is still the third best story mode in any fighting game (the other two also belonging to NRS). The story modes of other fighting games just don't even really compare honestly.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I could literally sit down for a day and write the entirety of loose ends this story left behind together in a beautiful symphony of madness. And I'd do it for free. And I don't mean Tina Belcher erotic zombie fanfiction style, I mean I'm a lifelong writer who loves MK mythology almost as much as writing itself, and this story is honestly just a few chapters of stuff away from being fully explained and leveled off.

I'm honestly surprised no one's asked this particular question...

If everyone who died in MK9 (other than Noob Saibot whose fate is still unknown) reappeared at some point or another as a Revenant (except Jade which is kinda messed up), everyone's been accounted for and so on...

...where is Shang Tsung?

You mean to tell me Quan Chi in all his spooky wisdom wouldn't have seperated him from Sindel to wield control of his power? Hell naw, man.

This story isn't over yet.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
JADE WASN'T EVEN MENTIONED AT ALL.

Like wtf how did everyone else who died come back and not her.
And also Kitana had like 45 seconds of total screen time. Sindel had more. And why did Kitana become an MKX character? Doesn't make ANY sense according to the story.

lol
I could be wrong, but I think you actually see Jade's dead body with the rest of them when it flashes back to all the warriors killed.

I could be 100% wrong, but I was almost certain it was hers.

MK is pretty much the only fighting series where I pay attention to the story and NRS puts way more effort into the series' lore, which is why it was so irritating that the story mode left so much stuff unaswered. I hope the plot continues in either the comics or extra story chapters as DLC.

I could literally sit down for a day and write the entirety of loose ends this story left behind together in a beautiful symphony of madness. And I'd do it for free. And I don't mean Tina Belcher erotic zombie fanfiction style, I mean I'm a lifelong writer who loves MK mythology almost as much as writing itself, and this story is honestly just a few chapters of stuff away from being fully explained and leveled off.

I'm honestly surprised no one's asked this particular question...

If everyone who died in MK9 (other than Noob Saibot whose fate is still unknown) reappeared at some point or another as a Revenant (except Jade which is kinda messed up), everyone's been accounted for and so on...

...where is Shang Tsung?

You mean to tell me Quan Chi in all his spooky wisdom wouldn't have seperated him from Sindel to wield control of his power? Hell naw, man.

This story isn't over yet.
Shang Tsung was confirmed dead in the comics. How he died, we don't know.

dreemernj

Ambassador
- What's going to happen to Ermac? What about King Jerrod/Shao Kahn? Surely they'd be at odds for each other considering they're bitter enemies sharing the same body. RETCON IN NEXT GAME

- Reptile's desire to bring his people back has gone nowhere since it was made back in the 90s. Seriously, this guy has probably been through enough to make a sick MK Mythologies spinoff, he needs his time to shine for a change. RETCON IN NEXT GAME

- The story mode cliffhanger (NRS really fuckin' loves these) is obvious RETCON IN NEXT GAME

- Where's Skarlet? Did she go rogue? RETCON IN NEXT GAME

- What are the other revenants doing? Will they also make a return? RETCON IN NEXT GAME

- What happened to Rain after Mileena was executed? RETCON IN NEXT GAME

- Where's Fujin and why did he disappear when Earthrealm needed him most? RETCON IN NEXT GAME

- We still don't know anything about Ferra/Torr or most of the new characters. Why weren't they expanded on at all in the story? RETCON IN NEXT GAME

- Why is every NRS bad guy such a massive jobber? RETCON IN NEXT GAME

---

There you go. Everything is all neatly tidied up.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
MK is pretty much the only fighting series where I pay attention to the story and NRS puts way more effort into the series' lore, which is why it was so irritating that the story mode left so much stuff unaswered. I hope the plot continues in either the comics or extra story chapters as DLC.

Shang Tsung was confirmed dead in the comics. How he died, we don't know.
Idk, man...he IS the sneakiest mofo in MK history, after all, it would be just like him to fake an elaborate demise and bide his time until he can make his move.