What's new

General/Other I don't understand shazam at all!

I would really like to get good with shazam but its just so difficult. I find that his teleport really isn't that great. I have tried to use it to like "phase" through objects and projectiles but your timing has to be so perfect. Its nearly impossible to do properly. I also dislike how interwined his command grabs are with his kit. The low grab is easy to pull off under pressure but the standing command grab is not. Its so clunky...

Is shazam bad or is he okay? I find that I can't close gaps easily and safely also. Not to mention is 1,1 combo is such short range.. What an odd combo.

Anyway, how can I get good with shazam? I have read everything on this board and I still perform poorly. Spend hours in the training room and then go online and still get demolished. A lot of my friends have told me to just hang up shazam forever but I don't want to do that.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Man.. I feel pretty bad now. At least you are honest though
Don't feel bad. He will probably get buffed akin to Jax and be pretty decent if not great. For now, pick a try hard character and use Shazam for shits and giggles as a secondary. What is your preferred playstyle? Rushdown, counter zoner, zoner, whiff punisher, etc?
what do people find confusing or hard to understand about him?
How to make him playable, useful in some way. How to win with him. He just can't compete with your Deathstrokes, Black Adams, Killer Frosts, Doomsday, and what have you.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
you fools are crazy shazam 50/50 mixups on an untechable knockdown, everyblock string they have to guees which throw you are going to do, just watch tom brady or reo play him, he is dirty trust me, i may pick him up and do a video guide, who knows.

Don't feel bad. He will probably get buffed akin to Jax and be pretty decent if not great. For now, pick a try hard character and use Shazam for shits and giggles as a secondary. What is your preferred playstyle? Rushdown, counter zoner, zoner, whiff punisher, etc?

How to make him playable, useful in some way. How to win with him. He just can't compete with your Deathstrokes, Black Adams, Killer Frosts, Doomsday, and what have you.
I don't even know what play style I like. I like grapplers but I don't like playing grundy. I did like bane but I got bored of not really doing combos and just doing a bunch of high damage specials. Also, I kind of wanted to try someone on the hero side. I think I may be too picky. The majority of the heroes in the game I do not like for some reason. Gameplay wise and flavor wise. The reason why I liked shazam is because of his command grabs I like command grabs when I can actually do them.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
He's pretty shit from what i've experienced.

I feel the way they made him is stupid, the way he appears to be played just doesn't seem right to me.

you fools are crazy shazam 50/50 mixups on an untechable knockdown, everyblock string they have to guees which throw you are going to do, just watch tom brady or reo play him, he is dirty trust me, i may pick him up and do a video guide, who knows.
what is 50/50?