What's new

I don't think it's too early for a really broad tier grouping...

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Playing Captain Cold pretty much involves working your ass of to try and get a chance to have any shot to compete. His trait gives him a lot of depth but his fundamental flaws preclude him from ever getting to use it in some matchups. It's unfortunate because he is a really cool character design(pun intended).

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Ok Iv changed my mind a little.

Top 5 NPO is Black Adam, Batman, Aquaman, Superman, and Deadshot

6-15 NPO is Atrocitus, Harley, Arrow, Catwoman, Lantern, Flash, Bane, Firestorm, Ivy, Darkseid

Then everyone else; Brainiac is the worst

Raynex

Intelligence + Speed + Power
do you play joker? cus i've seen no joker online and fromt he tools he has i don't think he's good either so if u do play him wanna give me some match up experience?
I don't play him; I'm judging it strictly off what I've seen in videos and when I tried him for a bit.

He can influence the screen from a variety of ranges, his D2 looks to be a strong AA, he has setplay and situations that are difficult to escape. I know he was priy bad in IJ1 but I don't think he's anywhere near bottom in this game.

I'm also open to being totally wrong on this. It's just my opinion.

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
I see a lot of people saying brainiac swamp thing and captain cold are all booty. Anyone play all 3 (some poor sucker) that can compare which is worse?
I've fucked with all 3, but I main Swamp so I can add my $0.02.

Cold lacks mid starting strings, but his setplay has a lot of potential. He probably needs some tweaking for longterm QoL, but IMO it's too early to tell.

Brainiac isn't immediately powerful, but he has great mobility and a good divekick where the MB version can be completely safe with no gap if spaced properly. He has a nasty crossup game, but he takes work. I'd say it's too early to say he's terrible (kind of like Cold).

Swamp has a ton of tools, but almost all of them have serious issues. Like some other posters have detailed, he has lots of gaps in his strings and most of his footsie mixups are very punishable when blocked. He's the slowest character in the game, but doesn't hit nearly as hard as a lot of the extremely mobile characters (Bats, BA, Supes, Canary, etc.)--which seems weird to me. There's a reason Grundy and Zangief hit like a truck. Ppl unfamiliar with him will argue he gets lots of meterless damage, but F233 into F23 and B223 into F23 are insanely difficult to execute reliably and nigh impossible online (there's a reason almost no one does these). His combo into B3 is also the toughest link into B3 in the game AFAIK. B223 BF3 mb B3 is on a KoF level of difficulty. Why?

He also can be lamed out pretty easily. His counter zoning is below average at best and his mb clone (db3) provides zero benefit on trade vs projectiles. His mb roll is one of, if not the slowest in the game. Very tough to use vs Fate, Deadshot, or Cyborg. Hell even Beetle gives him trouble. Another issue is that his vines input can give him trouble when trying to use reactively. DF1U is a tough input to react with as an AA and with how common DF1B is used in combos, it is very easy to accidentally get DB1 (log).

Swamp is in a weird position because he has a LOT of tools and if they were buffed without proper care he would be an absolute powerhouse, but as it stands now he is very weak. If you don't know the MU he will probably hit you with some slick gimmicks, but once you understand his weaknesses it's very easy to dominate him.

On the flipside, he does relatively well vs rushdown characters--but anyone with decent zoning or lots of air mobility give him absolute hell.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Yeah, got to get in a subtle downplay when I can though. Without her mobility being as good as it is she would be unusable, at least for me.
She has arguably some of the best mobility in the game. I think that combined with her other tools puts her pretty high up.

Buiu

Woot
lol at ppl saying braniac is the worst, hes very good, a -8 move in this game is VERY VERY DIFICULT to punish.(mb dive)

Swamp thing is like 10 times worst than braniac, swamp thing dont have any tool to compete on a zooning MU, i mean, a lot of the cast dont even is a zooner and can keep ST away.He cant even walk and duck, because of his slow walk speed.

35 fucking frames on b3 and f3.you will get stuffed a LOT. Ppl will say about the range and so, just pick the framedata and compare to scarecrow or other long ranges b/f3.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
She has arguably some of the best mobility in the game. I think that combined with her other tools puts her pretty high up.
Mobility alone doesn't make a character good, just good in certain matchups. If she goes against a character like Deadshot that shuts down most peoples options by controlling the ground and controlling a lot of space, she does well. But she only does well when that character is playing her like she doesn't have good mobility, aka playing the matchup wrong.

Once she's in, all you have to do is block low once then it's your turn. In the corner her mixups are significantly better due to float crossup mixups, but aside from that, just block low. And even if you get hit, it only will tickle a bit especially since she probably won't have meter. She does have F3 HDK mixups, but once you learn which side to block, it becomes far less effective.

I'm not claiming she's bottom 5, but she can't compete with the top tiers currently because of all of her weaknesses. But because of her strengths she isn't bottom tier.

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
Brainiac isn't immediately powerful, but he has great mobility and a good divekick where the MB version can be completely safe with no gap if spaced properly. He has a nasty crossup game, but he takes work. I'd say it's too early to say he's terrible.
As someone who has been playing Brainiac nonstop for the last couple days, I agree with this. Brainiac is only a nightmare to deal if the opponent has very limited options to stop him from flying all over the screen and/or if they have quick projectiles to stop him from loading a trait. His mobility with Tendril Swing and jumping over projectiles to dive kick means he can't be zoned out forever which is nice. When spaced right and executed properly, this character is completely safe! Space control monster, and hits like a truck when he is finally able to get damage.

That being said, he does take a lot of work to be good with and really gotta know your stuff if you wanna succeed, especially overcoming MUs that shut his game down (which I've done and its not easy). He is not bad by any means tho, just requires work and dedication.

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
Call me crazy but here's my top 5 in no particular order:

Darkseid(one of the most well rounded characters as of now)

Adam(obvious until they give him an obvious damage nerf and slow him down somehow)

Brainiac(the Kabal of this game mark my words,this character is a sleeper because he can't be played to his true potential on a dual shock)

Aquaman(best footsies in the game,great damage and doesn't even need to come to you)

Deadshot(a good zoner will take an average 20-30% off of you most times he sends you full screen with this character before you get back in.I believe the others in top 5 beat deadshot but against almost everyone else his matchup is at least 6-4)