What's new

I don't think it's only MK players looking forward to Injustice

Lately, I've been noticing that a lot of other communities are also looking forward to Injustice. Is it because games like AE are becoming too boring to watch? Marvel will always be Marvel. The anime guys are really looking forward to the GG update aswell as the new BB but who knows when those are coming to consoles. And then there is Tekken Tag 2, VF5FS and KOF13. Games that are considered too hard for newcomers to get into aswell as having communities that are too seperated when it comes to finding good offline competition unless you live in one of the hotbed cities.

Maybe Injustice will do to the FGC what SF4 did when it came out. Maybe it will rejuvenate the community. I'm hoping it will do this cause it just seems like the FGC lately has been down.

Glass Sword

Nobody
I would love for other communities to get involved. If they do this is a chance to build bridges and get others to appreciate MK for the game it is. For some of us it can be a time to branch out and appreciate other fighting games. Be able too see the depth of some more of the technical fighters and be able to see that the problems other fighting games are not all that different.
This is really a chance for us to show the others how close nit of a community we got here. That despite our differences we don't hide our selfs away so we might have a surprise advantage over the composition that we help each other by sharing our ideas and techniques with others.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
The game has pretty massive appeal... yes in part because of Batman.

But consider all the demographics it hits, you have fighting game enthusiasts, MK enthusiasts, comic book fans, cartoon fans, fans of the movies... Batman & Superman fans.

It terms of technical stuff MK is good at a tournament level and it's okay for less skilled/messing about/new players.
If you haven't played MK before it could be a bit daunting online, but I think there is leveling for multiplayer so maybe skill-level match-ups will be better.

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
You're right. I'm from the "anime community" and quite a few people are looking into the game. The breaker for many people is the addition of the wanted characters, and guess whose name I hear come up most often?
There's also the fact that BB and GG will most definitely come out ofter Injustice, so besides Skullgirls and P4U there's really nothing.

You're right. I'm from the "anime community" and quite a few people are looking into the game. The breaker for many people is the addition of the wanted characters, and guess whose name I hear come up most often?
There's also the fact that BB and GG will most definitely come out ofter Injustice, so besides Skullgirls and P4U there's really nothing.
I'm curious, wht is the support for P4A so far for Evo? Any guesses as to how many numbers will be showing up to Evo for it?

having communities that are too seperated when it comes to finding good offline competition unless you live in one of the hotbed cities.
As a Dead or Alive player, this right here is what limits me to exclusively play online. Nothing ever happens in Florida, it's just God's waiting room. It's a real bummer. I certainly hope Injustice gets a huge scene here.

As a Dead or Alive player, this right here is what limits me to exclusively play online. Nothing ever happens in Florida, it's just God's waiting room. It's a real bummer. I certainly hope Injustice gets a huge scene here.
Well the good thing is, I heard DoA5 has some really damn good netcode. So that's always a good thing.

Please. Try to live in the middle of nowhere Oklahoma. I can't even get my small group of friends to play SCV with me. Hopefully more will try out Injustice.

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I think the appeal of the characters and the combination of mechanics seen in other non-MK fighters give it a fair shot at penetrating other fighting communities, if players are willing to look past what they perceive to be poor aesthetics and any biases they may have toward NRS.

It should be in the public eye for the first few weeks in regards to competitive streams, so let's hope it has a good showing.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I've always been a Tekken junky but when MK9 came out I thought it looked really cool so I got serious with it for a while. I took 4th at CEO 2011, then 4th in the first online MLG ladder.... then completely stopped going to anything MK9 related. In the end I just prefer games with more solid frame data and not so many frustrating random factors(trading hits doesn't exist yada yada).

I started playing Tekken Tag 2 and Street Fighter X Tekken but I never really bothered to go out to tournaments for either even though I do well online. I just don't have the fire to be the best at those games.

But this game... holy shit, I haven't been this excited for a fighter for a while. I see really great things in it's future. All the communities in Miami and Orlando Florida have been talking about it. Generally they hope it's great, but they aren't holding their breath. I KNOW this game will be a fucking hit though. All the unique ideas with mechanics + FINALLY solid frame data.

It's going to be a game people will actually want to go to tournaments for, and that's important.

zfallonz

Noob
I've always been a Tekken junky but when MK9 came out I thought it looked really cool so I got serious with it for a while. I took 4th at CEO 2011, then 4th in the first online MLG ladder.... then completely stopped going to anything MK9 related. In the end I just prefer games with more solid frame data and not so many frustrating random factors(trading hits doesn't exist yada yada).

I started playing Tekken Tag 2 and Street Fighter X Tekken but I never really bothered to go out to tournaments for either even though I do well online. I just don't have the fire to be the best at those games.

But this game... holy shit, I haven't been this excited for a fighter before for a while. I see really great things in it's future. All the communities in Miami and Orlando Florida have been talking about it. Generally they hope it's great, but they aren't holding their breath. I KNOW this game with be a fucking hit though. All the unique ideas with mechanics + FINALLY solid frame data.

It's going to be a game people will actually want to go to tournaments for, and that's important.
Can't agree more with this. I tried to get in to MK9 like you did but all the random factors, the no trade hits, frame data, etc just killed it for me. I started doing SF4 but then picked up on this back in December and was hooked. Now this is all I am looking forward to. Hopefully communities here in Orlando are going to support it.

My group (GnG) is primarily Capcom players. There's myself and only two others in my group that plays MK. This will be the first game we'll all be playing and leveling up. Hopefully because of Capcom players showing interest they'll stick with it and we'll have a much bigger community.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
My group (GnG) is primarily Capcom players. There's myself and only two others in my group that plays MK. This will be the first game we'll all be playing and leveling up. Hopefully because of Capcom players showing interest they'll stick with it and we'll have a much bigger community.

Sent from my SCH-R830 using Tapatalk 2

Where I live right now there has always been a tiny rivalry between the Tekken + MK fans and the Street Fighter + Marvel fans. I use to dabble back and forth from groups like a traitor though. Normally, I remember when a new game comes out and it is the flavor of the month, both groups have their people who always try it out and a classic 'which community is better' battle always boils a little for fun at local tournaments like CEOWinterfest

If this game isn't just the flavor of the month and it actually sticks around though, it'd mean both these communities in my area will be playing the exact same game. This means the community will be big from the start. Not to mention more new players and old players that stopped attending(like me) will be coming out from the shadows and joining them.

Fingers crossed. Nail it out of the park NRS.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I was originally planning on buying the game, but now I figure I'll probably rent it first and see how much fun it is. How many people from other communities will pick it up depends on how it holds up compared to what everyone is playing now.

SFxT is seeing a big rise right now. I absolutely hated it when it first came out, but with the 2013 patch I've given it another chance and found it to be infinitely more playable and watchable. I've actually found myself playing it a lot lately, despite loving SF4 more. I've played Tekken since the late 90s, and enjoyed TTT2 at first, but honestly haven't touched it since NEC.

Honestly not a big MK player, so I think the title is correct. It's not just MK players looking forward to Injustice. Hell, my immediate reaction when the announcement trailer dropped was "HOLY SHIT THIS IS AWESOME". Or something along those lines.