What's new

"I do not serve Shang Tsung!" - Reptile General Thread

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Wanna talk about Reptile? Here's where you can do so!

Who's hyped for Reptile? :)

Posting this here, as probably doesn't need its own thread :p.

Basically every now and then in training when I was messing around with Fast/Slow force balls, the ball didn't appear but acid on the floor did which if the opponent stood on it would damage them. At least i'm pretty sure it damaged them, either that or I'm going crazy :p. Anyone care to shed some light on this, (if anyone knows)

Luxus Nights

Beyond Good & Evil
I think all character forums should have a video section.

and I would like to know since reptiles dash is not the best how/what are you guys using to get up close and start a string?

THTB

Generally, I find once a slow forceball's on the screen, I'll just dash elbow behind it. Yeah, I can get hit trying that, but in a lot of case, I don't care since the forceball on hit launches enough to help me get in were I knocked down. If I'm just hit with a projectile that doesn't knock down...fuck it, dash in and let the fun begin!

Speaking of this, I played NickTheZombie's Ermac just now. I think eventually this matchup will become in Reptile's favor. Force push from nearly anything not max distance can be punished by dash elbow. And since lift/push are cancelled and only do a small amount of damage if he's hit with a forceball, I've found that standing just outside of Ermac's push range and getting a forceball on screen is really effective. Ermac can reaction punish with teleport, but Ermac's mixup game is really bad, so he's generally gonna want to get back out. He's basically gonna be attempting hit and run and trying to keep forceballs off the screen. It can backfire if he messes up, as blocked teleport = 45% gone at least.

Just my experiences on the matchup.

THTB

Hector Sanchez actually hinted at it on Twitter. I think his Twitter is deleted, but the tweet commented on the selling of the Klassic skin codes, saying to be patient.

FiNAL-LiFe-G

*DEMON MODE*
i hope they have Reptiles for the DLC then. becuase im really wanting that skin. i stuck around and got Scorpions skin.

Havatchu

Noob

Klssic Rep in dat Klassic sh8t.
Nice find. I honestly don't know whether I'll prefer the Klassic getup, or the new one. I like Klassic just because it's simple and appealing, along with the always gratifying Fatality it comes with.

Yet, at the same time I think I like the new Reptile more just because he stands out the way he is now, to me at least.

Either way, I'm sure I'll have fun with both. :cool:

Sporko

Noob
i hope they have Reptiles for the DLC then. becuase im really wanting that skin. i stuck around and got Scorpions skin.
Tell you what I'd kill for, and that's to have the cyber-Reptile skin made available (hopefully not with different move properties, unlike the other cyborgs). It's already in the game and, yes, it is just a recolored version of the "generic" robot skin but since none of hte playable characters USE that skin, it'd still be unique to him in 1 on 1 play.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I don't see why not, since it's already in the game. They do 5 minutes of work and make some money.
Personally, I think it should be free; perhaps it's going to be in the next costume pack though. I never really dug the new cyborg look though. Well, Sektor's anyways. Cyrax and CSZ's aren't so bad.

I love Sektor's MK9 cyborg costume! I might have played as him if he weren't all about fire and missiles and stuff. ;P