What's new

I cant for the life of me pull off D2, far teeth

Like in this video.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plpp&v=RzXa6Hm7Vjo

After the first wall bounce, the player did D2, far teeth.

Sometimes icando it and sometimes i cant. I have negative edge off and im doing things right according to the inputs, but for some reason, either rolling gas comes out or i just perform standing 2

Its reqlly irritating. I want to get this right since i think its a good mix. 3 days of trying this D2, far teeth string and i still cant get it to come out properly.

Octakel

Puddin
hold df2 and as soon as you hit 2 go d->db->b
If that doesn't work for you try letting go the stick to neutral position and then do the motion. But I wouldn' recommend it for this cancel.
Don't mash and just take your time to hit 2-3. Maybe you are pressing them at the same time?

Octakel

Puddin
Or maybe you do the the d-b motion too early. Don't pay attention what's happening on the screen. You can buffer almost everything in this game

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
I just use sf controls and do d2 and just do the entire motion after. It's not hard.

SunLord5

Dualshock 2 User
It's way easier to reset them using standing 2 as your starter in that combo with neg edge and MK controls.

JI2, 2 ~ DB+2+Meterburn, B+3, D2 B3 (teeth come out) ~ F ~ 2~BF+2, B+3 JI2 32 (wait for second hit) BF+2 (over 75% if it all hits) or instead of 32 do D+3 and JI1 for an ambiguous cross up combo. If they don't know to block forward here they will get hit by it.

Try this one with the opponent starting at far teeth range it is pretty easy.
DB3 ~ F ~ Jump in 3 DB3 ~ F ~ Neutral Jump 3 B+3 walk forward 32 (wait for second hit) bf+2 (48% no meter)It also works after any B+3 ji2 D+2 if they don't tech roll. That's the only time I get it off in online matches.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I'm really struggling to get the 2 into the acid flower to hit. I'm also struggling to get the D2 into teeth to work from a wallbounce. I can get it from a grounded position, but when the opponent is coming from a wallbounce it never works for me.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I figured it out after a few hours. The teeth motion after the D2 needs to be fast but at a slower rhythm. I'm using default controls with release check off, and all you have to do is input the down, back 3 fairly quick as the D2 is hitting. Then continue to roll the stick in a half circle motion forward. It's important to hit 3 as the stick completes the down,back motion, otherwise you end up with a crowbar special because the game recognizes a Back, forward input.

I hope this helps. It took me a long time and many frustrations to figure this out. It's all about the rhythm of the inputs.

Bolton

Noob
I figured it out after a few hours. The teeth motion after the D2 needs to be fast but at a slower rhythm. I'm using default controls with release check off, and all you have to do is input the down, back 3 fairly quick as the D2 is hitting. Then continue to roll the stick in a half circle motion forward. It's important to hit 3 as the stick completes the down,back motion, otherwise you end up with a crowbar special because the game recognizes a Back, forward input.

I hope this helps. It took me a long time and many frustrations to figure this out. It's all about the rhythm of the inputs.
i use sf input with release check off, and hopefully this simplification that i posted in a different thread helps out.

the easiest way to think about it imo is that you must input ONLY db3 after the uppercut. only after joker pulls his teeth are you allowed to press the directional input to specify mid or far range. so in technical notation...

... d2 xx db3, f == uppercut into far teeth
... d2 xx db3f, != uppercut into far teeth

for some reason, the game gets confused if you input far teeth altogether. you have to basically think about it as if you are inputting chattering teeth, then specifying the direction. chattering teeth is one move, are the ranges are variations of the move.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
i use sf input with release check off, and hopefully this simplification that i posted in a different thread helps out.

the easiest way to think about it imo is that you must input ONLY db3 after the uppercut. only after joker pulls his teeth are you allowed to press the directional input to specify mid or far range. so in technical notation...

for some reason, the game gets confused if you input far teeth altogether. you have to basically think about it as if you are inputting chattering teeth, then specifying the direction. chattering teeth is one move, are the ranges are variations of the move.
I agree. I was saying with the default controls you have to be sure to hit the A button as you make the circle with the stick. You hit A as the stick passes through back, then roll it forward.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989

This way gets it to land the most consistently, but what are your suggestions to make the actual teeth hit far?

Bolton

Noob
This way gets it to land the most consistently, but what are your suggestions to make the actual teeth hit far?
i'm sorry, i'm not sure i understand. if you're asking about what will make the teeth you threw out after uppercut hit, unless opponent's body is really low before you hit the wallbounce, 2 xx Flower should hit and force them to block low. sets up another b3, d2 xx far teeth too.

the highest damage bnb also utilizes d2 xx far teeth. ji2, 32* xx Mb RLG, b+3, d+2 xx far teeth, ji2, any range teeth, 3 xx Acid Flower, 3 xx Acid Flower. (48% 15 hits, highest damage BnB) utilizes d2 xx far teeth.

if you're asking as if teeth comes out, but not the variation (far), then to that i restate that you can only hold the direction while he is pulling the teeth out. inputting direction before will confuse the game (or something, i don't know) and inputting after may be too late.

Like in this video.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plpp&v=RzXa6Hm7Vjo

After the first wall bounce, the player did D2, far teeth.

Sometimes icando it and sometimes i cant. I have negative edge off and im doing things right according to the inputs, but for some reason, either rolling gas comes out or i just perform standing 2

Its reqlly irritating. I want to get this right since i think its a good mix. 3 days of trying this D2, far teeth string and i still cant get it to come out properly.
For me personally I would recommend turning off release check. then the inputs I use are Down 2, back 3. this will result in a quick clean special cancel from the down2 into the teeth. Let me know if this helps, because this is how i do it.