What's new

"I am the Original Kitana and No, It Won't Be My Halloween Costume"

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
thanks to www.TRMK.org for this find
I played the roles of Kitana, Meleena and Jade in the live action video game Mortal Kombat II. The game was made using blue screen technology, which was extremely progressive back in 1992-1995. The game was originally filmed for the upright arcade game that required quarters and competed against the Street Fighter, shooting games and NBA Jam. The MK series was created by John Tobias, John Vogel and Ed Boon. Although there were other designers, sound and tech guys that worked on the game over at Midway Games here in Chicago on California Ave, the game's heart and soul came from Ed and John - and the martial artists. The game had tremendous popularity and went on to be converted for personal gaming platforms including: Sega, Playstation, Gameboy, Amiga, PC, Genesis and SNES. I realize that many of may not have heard of some of these, but they were the hot systems in the early 90s.

I am often asked if I have ever dressed up as any of the characters since the game was made, in particular for Halloween - the answer is no. First of all, I am not sure I should wear that costume again, second, they hired some beautiful women to play my characters in the films so why compete, and third the fans of the female ninjas should be able to shine on their own in their versions of the characters. So I will let my original costume and moves remain archived in my memory and in some of the pictures I have placed in the slide show.
More about this article can be found here:
http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/pow-mixed-martial-arts/2010/10/i-am-the-original-kitana-meleena-and-jade-but-it-wont-be-my-halloween-costume.html

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
lol yeah that was out of nowhere haha. Was she trying to get attention or something?

NoDoubt

nasty
now thatz when Kitana and Mileena were actually cool and dangerous looking...wish they kept that look, but now there just sex objects like the rest of em.

Not that thats entirely bad lol, but leave the open tits to all the 10+ other female fighters in the game and keep these two bitches as the classic kickass ninjas they started out as. I always thought they had a severe look in this game and always favored that.