What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

Its fast, but standing 2 has a better standing reach, and my god have you seen the vertical reach of f.2d? Scoop someone out of the air like crazy if they jump around you.
? Talking about air-to-air, not anti-air. Like, if you jump at someone with the intention of doing a JiD3 into a string, but they jump at you too, and your JD3 ends up beating whatever their jumping attack is. When you hit the ground, the only possible followup to the JD3 for additional damage is DB1.

The DB1 has a diferent animation when it hits, depending of wich part of the enemy you catch. What's the animation that take place when you connect it after a JD3? Maybe it can have re-positioning tech
I can't quite remember, althought I think it's the forward throw (the ankle grab one).

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
? Talking about air-to-air, not anti-air. Like, if you jump at someone with the intention of doing a JiD3 into a string, but they jump at you too, and your JD3 ends up beating whatever their jumping attack is. When you hit the ground, the only possible followup to the JD3 for additional damage is DB1.
No, I know. I was talking in general reference to your "I'd only ever use it for these two situations", stating its understandable since staning 2 takes care of all of the same stuff.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Is anyone else fining themselves using more meter now? Now that I'm more confident with Venom useage and using it a lot more I'm burning it like crazy off of naked cmd grabs on lvl 2 & 3 venom. How can I not when the damage is so good!?

No, I know. I was talking in general reference to your "I'd only ever use it for these two situations", stating its understandable since staning 2 takes care of all of the same stuff.
Ohhh, I see. Yeah, as an actual AA, DB1 is crap. I try to use armored DB2 as my AA whenever possible, but even if I didn't have venom, I still wouldn't use DB1. The vertical reach and advantage/positioning is just terrible.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Ohhh, I see. Yeah, as an actual AA, DB1 is crap. I try to use armored DB2 as my AA whenever possible, but even if I didn't have venom, I still wouldn't use DB1. The vertical reach and advantage/positioning is just terrible.
I usually like to use standing 2 if possible, but if they are jump-in heavy then yeah they eat the armor. Standing 2 covers the back of your head and leaves you less vulnerable on miss. And yeah, f.2d oh my lord that reach.

Is anyone else fining themselves using more meter now? Now that I'm more confident with Venom useage and using it a lot more I'm burning it like crazy off of naked cmd grabs on lvl 2 & 3 venom. How can I not when the damage is so good!?
Dude, ive been clashing and I'm like "where the hell is all my meter?!" I've been burning it on lvl 3 charges.

Oogalord

Noob
i burn meter like crazy all the time for Body Press and Rage Charge. it's not like i need to save it for armored specials, right? still, should probably hold off on MB for every Body Press i land; constantly losing clashes is getting old.

the smart thing would be to save meter for Venom 2 and 3.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I usually don't use meter for the body press because frankly, I don't use body press itself that much.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
i burn meter like crazy all the time for Body Press and Rage Charge. it's not like i need to save it for armored specials, right? still, should probably hold off on MB for every Body Press i land; constantly losing clashes is getting old.

the smart thing would be to save meter for Venom 2 and 3.
I Meter Burn the Body Press anytime I need extra damage or to throw them back or toward the corner.

MBing command grab is bad when you have Venom because it takes up so much time. You could have gotten another wakeup situation with the venom instead of a little more damage.

LEGI0N47

I usually don't use meter for the body press because frankly, I don't use body press itself that much.
I have been with devestating results. Many people get conditioned to you coming in with pick a special or a combo starter. So with the body presses deceptive range and that fact that it's a throw you catch many an opponent for that nasty knockdown. And the really bad ones you can do it 3-4 times in a row with venom = stupid damage.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I just can't bring myself to use it all that much. Like imo the b.1 grab trap is a lot more devastating. At a high level, that is STILL going to catch people off guard.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I just can't bring myself to use it all that much. Like imo the b.1 grab trap is a lot more devastating. At a high level, that is STILL going to catch people off guard.

You can always bait a jump anyway.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Raw body press is pretty good. I do it all the time on opponent's wakeup. When you're trying to block d1 xx double punch, b23, b21 and all that other shit, raw venom body press outta nowhere is a huge mind fuck.

Dash up venom body press is also good (especially with the dash buff). The range on it is just stupid, and if they're conditioned to block or try and outpoke dash up d1, you should be able sneak in some scoops.

Seriously, if you're not doing raw body presses, there's a whole other dimension of fear that your opponents don't even know exists. Show it to them.

LEGI0N47

Raw body press is pretty good. I do it all the time on opponent's wakeup. When you're trying to block d1 xx double punch, b23, b21 and all that other shit, raw venom body press outta nowhere is a huge mind fuck.

Dash up venom body press is also good (especially with the dash buff). The range on it is just stupid, and if they're conditioned to block or try and outpoke dash up d1, you should be able sneak in some scoops.

Seriously, if you're not doing raw body presses, there's a whole other dimension of fear that your opponents don't even know exists. Show it to them.
Wish I could like this mulitple times, it's so true. I just hear the salt in KOTH/Survival rooms from this and laugh. Best one i've heard was last week I scooped a guy a few times and some dude shouts out "Look at that shit!, Bane has some man ass moves!"

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
You guys are right. Throwing out a Body Press is great on knockdowns or dash ins. It's so much more than just a combo ender.

I'm not gonna make a scene or anything, but Banes Back 1 is most certainly a block infinite, you have a 5 frame window to do something, I can lock down a Lex AI so they cant reversal corps charge.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
I'm not gonna make a scene or anything, but Banes Back 1 is most certainly a block infinite, you have a 5 frame window to do something, I can lock down a Lex AI so they cant reversal corps charge.
lol

What is a block infinite?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
lol

What is a block infinite?
... Like Cyborg's iafb thing or what it used to be.

And no, sadly the AI is kinda derp. We don't have any attacks that leave us in enough advantage to use b.1 again on block. We get +12, so we can only manage things with less than 12 frames of start-up. This means neutral throw, d.1, 1, 2, and the like.

Now mind you, if we COULD do something like that it would be nifty, but sadly we don't have that option. b.1 into 1, for example, leaves the jab coming out with what SHOULD be an extra +4 left over. The only problem is once the next hit comes out, the game just disregards that excess frame advantage and carries into the next one. This is what makes j.d.3 113 not a viable option as a jump in on block, because the whiffed 1 that they can duck resets the advantage you had on block and they can actually backdash out or punish freely since they are reset into a neutral stance while you are swinging at air.

A block infinite is when a move has block advantage that's equal or greater in frames compared to its execution frames (like if B1 was +17 or more on block). With perfect execution on block infinites, there's no escape even with armor.

Bane's B1 is merely a frame trap, because it's +12 on hit and activates in 17 frames. You can do multiple B1s in a row and it will beat out even the fastest moves in the game (6 frames), but it can be armored out of.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
However you can jump out of the b.1, but even then its cancelable into uppercut and double punch. Jumping back sometimes makes it whiff for both of the options.