What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I think maybe he's just free to MBB3 because it's easy to read him. You can't just MBB3 "when you see a command grab" because you have to be scouting a command grab to be able to do that, which means Bane is free to do as he pleases.
I don't like to assume that because MB b.3 is a good countermeasure, just not the end-all-be-all

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Just necrobumping to ask...if Injustice 2 hits will you guys want to bring back the Bane Council? I know I'd sign back up to help mod and live here again if Injustice 2 is happening and Bane makes a return. I miss watching Doombawkz tell me that something was cute and discovered in May.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Just necrobumping to ask...if Injustice 2 hits will you guys want to bring back the Bane Council? I know I'd sign back up to help mod and live here again if Injustice 2 is happening and Bane makes a return. I miss watching Doombawkz tell me that something was cute and discovered in May.
I was planning to reform the council back in May when I saw the teaser drop.

Time will tell

shaowebb

This pleases me. This pleases me greatly. Can't wait to start snapping spines in Injustice 2. I'm reaaaaaaaaaaaally hoping to see a trailer soon. This way I can get back to whining about character models and breaking up fights.

Any comments on what you'd hope Bane gets? Honestly I can't think of anything. He felt so perfect near the end of the game's lifespan.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
This pleases me. This pleases me greatly. Can't wait to start snapping spines in Injustice 2. I'm reaaaaaaaaaaaally hoping to see a trailer soon. This way I can get back to whining about character models and breaking up fights.

Any comments on what you'd hope Bane gets? Honestly I can't think of anything. He felt so perfect near the end of the game's lifespan.
He honestly was such a good and complete character with his well-defined niche. Every move had impact. But what I liked most was how cerebral he was.

Like most people see him and think "mash armor gg" but when you get deeper into him, it's all about trapping and out-reading your opponent.
With his slower buttons, you needed to play a dangerous game in a field of faster jabs, but the pay-off was worth it.
Every move you made was calculated to some degree, every option you throw out was put against every other option and deemed the best.
You played the game in a way no one else could. You didn't just have a 50/50, often you had a 66/33 where every option beats two of theirs.

Every time the opponent hit the floor, they weren't fighting to regain momentum. They were fighting to just survive at all.
When you built a lead, some match-ups encouraged you to play passive despite being a giant juggernaut.
In other match-ups, you basically had one chance to do as much as possible to a character and had to keep momentum rolling.

And your trait, while strong, wouldn't let you simply pump through people without risk. The moment you lost your venom, you lost everything.
Then you played defensive, you turtle and run and protect yourself, you become a wall. For those 6 seconds, you go from being the most insane pressure character to the weakest, slowest, most vulnerable character.
For those 6 seconds, you basically use everything you have just to prevent your opponent from making up the damage you dealt.

For those 6 seconds, and for the time afterwards, your game revolved around a give-and-take where you'd try to get the better deal.
Bane felt like how he should, a character who outsmarts you on one end, but overpowers you on the other. The mix of brain and brawn.
Every match-up was different. You couldn't fight any two characters the same. You were pitting your knowledge against your opponents every time.

If they knew more, you'd lose. However, if you knew more, then you would win.
And we won a lot because, as Bane said, "You know NOTHING of strength."

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
As much as I have loved Mortal Kombat my whole entire life, fact of the matter is NRS never nailed character archetypes quite like they did in Injustice. You'll never find a better brawler than Bane, a greater grappler than Grundy, or deadlier rushdown than Doomsday's. If Bane is back, count me in. Only way I'd ever consider maining another is if they give me Swamp Thing as a ranged grappler/set-up character.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
You can say Bane did better job at that. In addition to plethora of other options, he had something he could threaten people who loved to jump out of throws with.

I'd say Flash was way scarier.
Pardon the hyperbole but I wasn't referring to tier-placing at all. I was referring to NRS finally doing a damn fine job nailing character archetypes they've always otherwise failed to, and specifically mentioning the ones I personally mained.

And I played Bane more than any other so trust me I know how scary Flash was, but the way they allowed Doomsday to stay on top of and maul your ass, Bane to keep you on your ass forever and Grundy to power through and toss your ass around for massive damage when each was able to get in was just something special in terms of differentiating playstyles that I don't get the same sense of with MK. Slapping a command grab on one of three character variations when the other two share 95% of the movelist and aren't what you'd call a grappler just doesn't cut it for me.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
I'm back since the announcement of Injustice 2! I popped in Injustice yesterday to get a few matches in with Bane, and the body presses come out like butter. Breaking backs is like riding a bike. Pumped for the sequel.

shaowebb

I'm back since the announcement of Injustice 2! I popped in Injustice yesterday to get a few matches in with Bane, and the body presses come out like butter. Breaking backs is like riding a bike. Pumped for the sequel.
Welcome back! And yeah, I feel the same. Feels good to come back and Bane things. I really hope he's in the sequel.

AA25Mamba

Batman, Scarecrow, Bane
Welcome back! And yeah, I feel the same. Feels good to come back and Bane things. I really hope he's in the sequel.
I hope he's there at launch. I saw a couple articles from E3 saying they're looking to build on the original roster, so hopefully they keep the same characters. The select screen looked like 26-28 fighters with a model for, "aggressive DLC." I just want Bane. This is going to be a long winter waiting for this game.