What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

Hey guys I'm wondering if one of you can help me out. I'm having a ridiculously hard time implementing Bane's command grab into combos. I've never had such I hard time doing a move in a fighting game, I even made this account just to post here. I can do the grab easily and I feel like I'm doing it perfectly while I'm doing a combo but Bane just stands there. And if I wait and do it after he does his last hit it always comes out when the other character is already on the ground.

The main combo I'm trying to do is b23, 123, command grab. Any help would be appreciated.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Hey guys I'm wondering if one of you can help me out. I'm having a ridiculously hard time implementing Bane's command grab into combos. I've never had such I hard time doing a move in a fighting game, I even made this account just to post here. I can do the grab easily and I feel like I'm doing it perfectly while I'm doing a combo but Bane just stands there. And if I wait and do it after he does his last hit it always comes out when the other character is already on the ground.

The main combo I'm trying to do is b23, 123, command grab. Any help would be appreciated.
do 123-very slight pause-dbf3
bane standing there means youre doing it too early

When I try pausing it always comes out too late..

I just feel as though there is some kind of trick I'm missing out on because when I see combos videos for Bane it looks like the grab comes out the second the last hit connects. Do I just have to do the dbf3 lightning fast?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Honestly I'm loving that you can wall bounce out of 114 since its an overhead. Opponents develop a habit of ducking after my crossbody so this does wonders.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
And stupid special move input award goes to dbf3. Otherwise he's really fun to play.
Yup. I hate the input. I mess it up a lot plus the input window/recovery is tacky so half the time I'm doing f+Heavy instead. I might just reinstall my Korean bat top so I can roll the inputs like a reverse tiger knee motion
Honestly I'm loving that you can wall bounce out of 114 since its an overhead. Opponents develop a habit of ducking after my crossbody so this does wonders.
Yeah that annoys me. The characters are freaking ducking when you splash them sometimes/all the time and your highs whiff. Good programming NRS. Fucking idiots.

i found that turning negative edge off and leaving mk motions on for bane results in getting the command grab to come out a lot easier in combos, try it out and see what you think

yeah it feels odd, like a KOF/art of fighting motion haha.. took me a while to get the timing down for combos in this game but i feel like it just clicked for me in the last hour or so in training. I've been playin bane pretty much exclusively since i picked the game up and i really like the way he plays so far. Lovin all the info on this board!

1,2,3 command grab in the corner has trickier timing, 1,1,3 command grab seems like its a lot easier to hit regardless of where you are on the stage. not sure what the difference in damage is, if its negligible id stick with that till you perfect the timing, you can input 1,1,3,command grab pretty quickly, without any pauses in between, and it should come out. same with b23, b112, and 223. 123 grab youve got to wait a second after the 3 or the command grab/air grab whiffs in the corner. you can probably work out where to shoot up during that pause to get the grab timing down, gotta get back to the lab!

there doesn't seem to be much he has that is more execution heavy than that one link, bane is all about mind games and strategy, and injecting.

SUPARNOVAX

I want setups that keep them in corner. I noticed some of the strings into d,b+1 tosses them or punts them across the stage. that's a no no!

yep i was referring to "command grab" as in d,b,f,3. db1 is basically the same timing in combos though, i like the b112,db1. wipe the floor with em

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Did you guys see the Knightfall Bane in action on stream earlier? He looks sweet as hell.
THAT'S where I saw it. Is this DLC or what? I'm dying to have that skin. Looks so badass.

edit: I figured it out. You have to rate the game on the iOS app, which I already have. Awesome. Even better that it's free.

SUPARNOVAX

You get it as an unlock from the iOS IGAU game which is free. I was lucky enough to get a code off someone.

Weirdz

Noob
It's an iOs costume no ? You have to rate the game on app . (i skip that part 1 week ago, so now I can't get it ! I'm mad about it ! )

Error

DF2+R2
Is there any use for Venom uppercut outside of combos? Description says it launches but Bane can't follow up with anything afterward.

SUPARNOVAX

Uppercut is a good anti air for me so far. I'm not sure if you can follow up with anything besides meter burn follow up.

TheJaquio

Kombatant
Uppercut is a good anti air for me so far. I'm not sure if you can follow up with anything besides meter burn follow up.
Hm, for what ever reason I never thought of using that as anti-air; I've just been using the AA throw (which has shorter range than I would like). Level 1 venom+venom uppercut could make Bane impossible to jump in on.

SUPARNOVAX

Hm, for what ever reason I never thought of using that as anti-air; I've just been using the AA throw (which has shorter range than I would like). Level 1 venom+venom uppercut could make Bane impossible to jump in on.
Yeah because when you have 1+ stack of venom on, they are definitely going nowhere. You just go through them and if you're in the corner, meter burn and setup the meaty backbreaker I posted. That's like a another 25-35% reset.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
It's an iOs costume no ? You have to rate the game on app . (i skip that part 1 week ago, so now I can't get it ! I'm mad about it ! )
This is horseshit.

I even installed the game on another device and made sure I rated in when the pop-up comes. It better be available in another method or I'll be quite pissed. It doesn't work.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Yeah that annoys me. The characters are freaking ducking when you splash them sometimes/all the time and your highs whiff. Good programming NRS. Fucking idiots.
That's what highs do, good sir; they whiff, when you crouch. That's why they're called -ahem- HIGHS.

derpderp have you tried using mids?