What's new

I Am Gotham's Reckoning -- Bane General Discussion Thread

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Just like RYX said he has armor only on special moves not on normals unlike Lex Luthor's trait or Doomsday! Those will blow through anything.
Well thats the thing, one of his attacks could be meter burned into the air drop kick, so I wasn't sure if that was labeled as a "special attack" or not.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Just like RYX said he has armor only on special moves not on normals unlike Lex Luthor's trait or Doomsday! Those will blow through anything.
Lex only takes one hit and gets raped by fast multi hitting moves.

Superman is the only character able to ignore armor I believe.

Alcarion

Gym rat
That's his Venom Uppercut, I think.
Yep venom uppercut EX version, another move which i still haven't found any use for the angle is weird the startup is slow and in combos it doesn't do anywhere near the damage the grab does

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I'd think it has its uses in corner combos or something like that, or as a time staller for venom cooldowns. That air drop kick sends them pretty far and the landing to eject roll into wake-up is pretty gnarley time off your juice box. Btw we should totally call it the juice box from now on.

Also I wanna see if maybe it links into stuff in the corner. Something like double low kick-high into EX upper into maybe some basic 112 into grab or something. I have no idea if it'd work but it sounds cool.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Lex only takes one hit and gets raped by fast multi hitting moves.

Superman is the only character able to ignore armor I believe.
I think thats right. So far I haven't heard of anyone else who has the ability to pierce armor other than Red Superman mode. Might make him a good counter pick to Doomsday and to punish foks.

Reactions: RYX

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I think thats right. So far I haven't heard of anyone else who has the ability to pierce armor other than Red Superman mode. Might make him a good counter pick to Doomsday and to punish foks.
When you quoted me I was nervous I was in trouble for, like, leaking something.

;_;

shaowebb

When you quoted me I was nervous I was in trouble for, like, leaking something.

;_;
Nope. That was something I believe came up on the stream as well as maybe in our own Superman talks. Yes I watched the whole series of streams...stayed up to do it last night.

I do what I can to keep us clean, but relax ;)
I got something in place now that if folks got an early copy and can prove it they can post you guys some info so expect a TON of news today. Pig and GGA 16 bit and Death and Dancock and Tom Brady and soon SatsuiYesHadou have been set free since they posted proof or were proven involved in the game and not under NDA. It was nearly unmoddable after the streams so I compromised and met the boards halfway. Don't go posting pirated content like youtube combos from folks I haven't checked or story/unlock spoilers though. Feel free to discuss stuff from streams and that the users who show up in the stickied "post your game to post content" thread say.

Have fun. The next 2 days are gonna fill the boards with info.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So what I am curious about is how Bane is going to deal with Parry characters, not necessarily zoners. For example, the Joker can trait parry our charge from a mile away and power up at an alarming rate. Batman can basically reduce our damage output completely. I'm curious to see if perhaps the venom makes us immune to such things via armor.

Dayvo

My english it's not good
So what I am curious about is how Bane is going to deal with Parry characters, not necessarily zoners. For example, the Joker can trait parry our charge from a mile away and power up at an alarming rate. Batman can basically reduce our damage output completely. I'm curious to see if perhaps the venom makes us immune to such things via armor.
Batman's parry doesnt stop low hits, and surely you can pass both with a grab.

So lets give them a good back pain

TheJaquio

Kombatant
Can Joker's parry stop charge? I know that in the demo, Batman's parry doesn't stop Doomsday's charge, so I assume that parries won't stop specials of that nature.

At any rate, I'm more worried about Superman, what with him being the only character with a trait that bypasses armor. Not to mention the beatdown a powered up Superman would deliver to a powered down Bane.

SevenSeas

I'm a big guy, for you.
Can Joker's parry stop charge? I know that in the demo, Batman's parry doesn't stop Doomsday's charge, so I assume that parries won't stop specials of that nature.

At any rate, I'm more worried about Superman, what with him being the only character with a trait that bypasses armor. Not to mention the beatdown a powered up Superman would deliver to a powered down Bane.
IIRC batmans parry did stop doomsdays charge, just not his 'upward' one since its technically off the air and batman parry can't do anything there.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
His charge would so sexy if you could dash cancel it. :cool:

The start-up for it(where he's like "OKAY I'M GONNA LET YOU SCOUT OUT MY SHIT FOR FREE, OKAY NOW HERE I COME") is stupid too but I heard it's at least kind of safe(has push-back on block)

Dayvo

My english it's not good
His charge would so sexy if you could dash cancel it. :cool:

The start-up for it(where he's like "OKAY I'M GONNA LET YOU SCOUT OUT MY SHIT FOR FREE, OKAY NOW HERE I COME") is stupid too but I heard it's at least kind of safe(has push-back on block)
For what I've seen, it gets you down to the ground if hits mid air

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
So what happens if you charge someone from close up, does he keep running past them or does he stop on contact?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
For what I've seen, it gets you down to the ground if hits mid air
That's actually a really good. I can imagine him having a really vicious oki game once we get into Injustice and break down all the characters.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
So what happens if you charge someone from close up, does he keep running past them or does he stop on contact?
He stops on contact if it's blocked, runs them over as usual on hit.

With its ridiculous start-up though I wouldn't recommend doing it.

Dayvo

My english it's not good
As far as I see, Venom 3 gives you HUGE debuff, but the tricky thing is that the timer of the defuff runs off in the moment you take last portion of white life of the rival. So, as far as I see, Venom 3 will be most used to finish the "round 1" or to finish the fight.

With some excepcions, of course

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
He stops on contact if it's blocked, runs them over as usual on hit.

With its ridiculous start-up though I wouldn't recommend doing it.
Thats the thing though, assuming you hit them out of their jump in... You could use the charge as a way to buy some time with your venom cooldown by tossing it out as soon as the venom would wear off, getting you that armor and some distance against people like Grundy, or MB it to keep close and pressure people like Arrow.

Actually thinking about it, what happens if you MB it from far away? Does he completely whiff his shoulder drop or does he do a top ropes dive onto them?

shaowebb

Does Venom do anything to damage or scaling using stage hazards in combos? Those already do a ton, but does it actually get worse with Venom?

Dayvo

My english it's not good
Does Venom do anything to damage or scaling using stage hazards in combos? Those already do a ton, but does it actually get worse with Venom?
Venom buffs Bane's damage of stage hazards(as I heard), but I dont know if it affects stage transitions

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
I hate playing this game online right now. Everyone lags and zoning is so stupid with it. Everyone spams a lot. I need offline.

SUPARNOVAX

Low tier? I was born in it, molded by it
I've been messing with how to utilize Bane's venom better. There's setups where you can venom up and do a meaty backbreaker and armor past people that push buttons. Need to get a precise count on the frame advantage/neutral frames.

Lotta gimmicks to be had with Bane.