What's new

I am a strong independent Joker player and I don't need no tier list to tell me hes good!

Neariak

LF New Main PST
Who is with me?!?!

I am sick and tired of seeing everyone downing on The Joker.

Honest to god truth Joker is some of the most fun I have had in a fighting game since I first put in MK2 back as a wee little lad and discovered the magic of Reptile.

I say we make a unified effort to get out to the tournaments and show people Joker is really that good!

This is also for all you Joker mains who come to these forums and see the Nightwing, Superman, Batman, etc. forums overflowing with information and when you come to the Joker forums it's a ghost town.

Lets change that!

It takes all of 10-15 minutes to make an account!

Post questions, discussions, found a new cool combo?!? POST IT

Lets show all these people who think Joker is so low tier that he is an amazing character with awesome mix ups, traps, entertainment quality, THE CROWBAR OF DOOM, and jokes all around.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I admire you're motivation. I am not a Joker main, just can't wrap around his playstyle. I've seen some players with some pretty slick set ups though, I don't take him lightly.

I like seeing him played because as a bonus I think he has the best victory screen in the game Doba Doba Do XD

Spletty

Grandmaster
He was my first pick up, haven't played him much since. I think he could be alright though. Not the worst for sure lol

Fear_Me

Noob
Okay, third post from me and I hope that'll likeworthy like my other two posts lol
His 21 on block is awesome. I checked all his strings on blocking Lex with reversal Corp Charge.
After 21, Joker gets a d1 that's guarenteed. May sound dumb, but this is huge against him.
Played against a Lex online, once he respected that option, I was free to do whatever I want. I don't know if this is knew for somebody or if I'm late for that but it changed the pace completely and works wonders online.
Of course you could block the charge, but having a option to shut that down from the start is kinda nifty imo. d1 close teeth and watch them do what YOU want them to.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Tier lists really shouldn't discourage you from choosing who you like. Joker's underrated for sure but he doesn't strike me as amazing. Mighty fun though :)

Fear_Me

Noob
Tier lists really shouldn't discourage you from choosing who you like. Joker's underrated for sure but he doesn't strike me as amazing. Mighty fun though :)
Not to sound mean, but I have to disagree. He is amazing. Play him a little more and go to training mode and find stuff. Then you'll see the fear that this clown can cause my friend ;)

Neariak

LF New Main PST
Let everyone blow him off. All the more sweet when you blow them up.
This is one of my main reasons for picking Joker, I hate being a FOTM (Flavor of the Month player, old term from my WOW days /cringe)

My one and ONLY complaint his is Trait is kinda lackluster =/.

Fear_Me

Noob
This is one of my main reasons for picking Joker, I hate being a FOTM (Flavor of the Month player, old term from my WOW days /cringe)

My one and ONLY complaint his is Trait is kinda lackluster =/.
His trait is kinda booty, but if they'd buff it he could too good.
He already has a good projectile, the teeths, good damage into a setup plus an outstanding sweep. All that plus a reliable trait which gives him a speed boost would be too beefy imo.

Neariak

LF New Main PST
Dude that tier list was garbage to be completely honest. Joker is a solid char. Stick with him man.
I know sir !

I am just posting this for the countless number of people who do not understand that Joker is good !

He just takes time, practice, some sweat and some tears !

Hes not like some of the other characters where you just can pick them up out of the blue and win.

Joker takes time and dedication which pays off so well in the end and also the blank expressions of what happens when people get beaten by the "Shittiest" character in the game.

I know sir !
I am just posting this for the countless number of people who do not understand that Joker is good !
Hes not like some of the other characters where you just can pick them up out of the blue and win.
Joker takes time and dedication which pays off so well in the end and also the blank expressions of what happens when people get beaten by the "Shittiest" character in the game.
Just like Kratos in MK9.

I feel the Joker will be my first character to pick up in I:GAU. (Once I do get it)

Fear_Me

Noob
I know sir !

Most players just want to take the easy route with their mains. If they don't win then their character must be trash right?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Why are people assuming he isn't viable if he is the worst? This isn't MK; bitch ain't Kano. :confused:

Neariak

LF New Main PST
Why are people assuming he isn't viable if he is the worst? This isn't MK; bitch ain't Kano. :confused:
Because he hasn't really shown up in tournies. The only person I have seen use joker in a tournament setting was KH Cat and that man is my personal idol and for some reason I wanna buy him a cat.

Fear_Me

Noob
Because he hasn't really shown up in tournies. The only person I have seen use joker in a tournament setting was KH Cat and that man is my personal idol and for some reason I wanna buy him a cat.
It's always like that when a new fighting game comes out. The first tournies are always flooded characters that are pretty straight forward like GL, Aquaman etc.
While The Joker isn't that hard to learn, he's hard to get into if that makes any sense.
It's like Viper in SFIV. Everybody knew she had potential, but they were busy playing Rufus, Ryu and Sagat.
And know she's part of the vortex crew which pretty much ruins the game for me personally.