What's new

Hypothetical MK11 Patch notes - Rainbow edition

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@Eddy Wang

You know, I saw this thread at the Top of the screen, and without even reading the title, I assumed those are official patch notes. When I saw the meter changes, I almost dropped the chair to floor from happy screen, then I realized those are....yours : (

I bet you Eddy 20 bucks, that the customization slots, moves will be changed. However regardless, without this change, we would be still playing MKII combo and dpeth system game with enhanced grathpics and some add ons.
I played the beta last year and i can confirm that having the liberty of customizing the variations yourself had lot more depth than the pre-set variations they had forced upon us on release

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
@Eddy Wang

You know, I saw this thread at the Top of the screen, and without even reading the title, I assumed those are official patch notes. When I saw the meter changes, I almost dropped the chair to floor from happy screen, then I realized those are....yours : (

I bet you Eddy 20 bucks, that the customization slots, moves will be changed. However regardless, without this change, we would be still playing MKII combo and dpeth system game with enhanced grathpics and some add ons.
I played the beta last year and i can confirm that having the liberty of customizing the variations yourself had lot more depth than the pre-set variations they had forced upon us on release

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Eddie, I am aware that the customization will bring more freedom and depth, we both enjoyed in MK9/MKX. I have no concern there.

While we were dying, to get something done to KL HT, and when it finally happen, the variation was still uncomplete. We didnt have much concerns about general mechanics, it did not bother us, as much as Hattrick variation, that was left as if the desiner was shot.

Here, I see a line of mechanics that require some serious adjustments, that really bothers me - when I think about it, it makes my brain flips. There is the breakaway trigger, that requires change - the way the break randomly lunches, and does get activated at certain points is blowing my mind. Next - are the regenerating Fatal Blows - I will pass on the comment here. The last element of the core mechanics, is the KB requirements - those are far from something you can alocate within competetive enoviorment.

The other parts of general mechanics, like god-like priority on jump-ins, is something, somewhat if you try hard, you can deal with it, though the risk reward, is so messed up, that at some point, you are going to get f#cked and ear a hell lot more. The f#cking push back on d2's is insane, not to mention the damage that KB d2 does. I have never seen mortal kombat, in which players apply so much random uppercuts! This is madness, this happens not because people are stupid, it is being overused, because its effective.

Since the day I started to play this 11th part of Mortal Kombat, a part of me wants to think that Paulo and his buddies didnt want to down the memory lane (MKX), and custrated the entire cast, giving us advanced high deffinition fighting game with shares of Mortal Kombat II complexicity - even MK9, had more to ofer in terms of character design. Then I witnessed how people, who knew not much about any advance meta mechanics Boss around with characters like Liu Kang, and few others. I am blown away, that any random Jastin Biber like could invest 2 weeks, and could be a challage to take down.

I came to a conclusion, that with premeditation the game has been simplified, supporting casual, players, jump kicks had been given priority so that they could cut distance, whenever they want, Apply KB that lead to massive damage. Very easy, high combos based on safe strings.

I have never seen in any MK game I played, nor SF, nor Tekken, mindless player, being so dangerous, and hard to take down. Since the the realise, this is the game, that I only play from time to time, due to game design. I hope, I really do, that some of these mechanics will get adjusted, and riding a bike with supportive side wheels will end.

I think the variation of freedom is going to be fun but also broken. We had MK9, and MKX broken, and we enjoyed, we might as well, as enjoy this one.