What's new

Tech - Hunter Hunter Variation Corner Trap

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
I just tested this against jax's straight ex dash punch, and it pushes you too far back and over the trap. Obviously there will be further mind games after that, but at the moment, Jax does seem to have a way out.

Edit: EX trap will open automatically and you can break Jax's armor with a well timed button.

Good tech though! I'm looking forward to trying this on more characters.

kevkopdx

Noob
I just tested this against jax's straight ex dash punch, and it pushes you too far back and over the trap. Obviously there will be further mind games after that, but at the moment, Jax does seem to have a way out.

Edit: EX trap will open automatically and you can break Jax's armor with a well timed button.

Good tech though! I'm looking forward to trying this on more characters.
scorpion's takedown pushes you away from it too, but you can punish it right back to the trap with b22.. also just for damage sake, instead of njp then jump up kick, you can do this for instance: 32~SS, njp, 212, 212 trap, i think that does 38%

edit: as this is, it seems ridiculous and should probably be patched... im still bitter about tanya lol, but wait a few weeks so they can sell him to everyone and then pull the rug out lol

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
There is a set up depending on the wake up, in when you end it the trap and do a njp it will blow up most if not all wake ups

Predator makes me want to play the game again.

SidTheHaze

25th place Tempest Lao
this is a great setup. it uses meter though so it won't be as free to use as a subzero ice clone setup. Would be interesting to see if we could find meterless alternatives.

kivatt

Kono Dio Da
this is a great setup. it uses meter though so it won't be as free to use as a subzero ice clone setup. Would be interesting to see if we could find meterless alternatives.
I think this could work: NJP, jump in punch, 212, 1 close trap. It's like 19-20% and blows up wakes ups a good amount of wake ups I tested.

omooba

fear the moobs
anyone trying to get some games in tonight? i'd love to fight a good predator. psn D0PR1NC3

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
then say it was a bug and was always supposed to go away on block lol.
hey i know your sub got sodomized but predator is fine the way he is... and no its wasnt supposed to... watch the Kombat Kast-if it bleeds

they talk about this how they allready altered it to be tamed down. with the Disks go away on block, traps away on hit... that is good enough.

brady i know i told you to main someone else, but not him.... he is mine... and we all know nerfs dont go your way... so stay off pred:p

Bar_Bar13

Friendly Neighborhood Spectre
This setup also works off b311xx Mine. So my combo goes like this: B311/32xx EX SS, NJP, Jump back 2xx disk, JI3, B133xxClose mine. 39%. Tested with Reptile's EX slide.

Last edited:

rza

Noob
Think this has been asked but if you use a combo ender that links directly into trap, wouldn't it be possible to take away the option of running? i.e. end with 122xxtrap NJP

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
I wannna try him but scared he will be nerf to the ground like they did with Subz.

Maybe Tremor will stay hella OP since its the last dlc char?