What's new

Tech - Hunter Hunter Variation Corner Trap

The delayed wakeup NJ1 Punish your talking about when timed right is a unblockable. Not only is the setup ambiguous, even if you guessed the overhead or low correctly, there is too much hit stun to allow a change in block direction. So that setup is guaranteed if opponent doesn't wakeup.
There are no unblockables. Blockstun doesn't mean anything. It is just a hard to block just like Quan Chi's low bat set ups. Tom was doing overhead/low set up, where NJP hits first, and the trap hangs him. If the trap hits first you block it backwards. Even if the hits are just a frame apart it is possible to block. And if they hit on the same frame you can block both standing.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
ive just found a safe universal midscreen disc set up to break all wake up attacks, will upload it today
Your set up go anything like b311, exSS, njp, j4, disc, run, 32, disc... Grants you the opportunity to rush in with a string of your choosing. Probably b311, or 32. Your string will hit the same time the disc hits thus breaking opponents armor. Hell, even though this set up can be back dashed, a b22 will punish them. Sound pretty similar to your set up?

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
Bullshit this is subzero wearing a predator suit!

Lol actually im totally fine with this and its awesome, its not like he has 50/50 all day like stupid characters. He just happen to have a very good corner game in this variation which is fine, i dont think this needs a nerf.

so u tell me u wanna nerf this and quan gets to keep all his bullshit set ups?

Ah please

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Man... Nerfs ALREADY being called when Tom Brady did show you have options of getting out.. Just cause he showed how to shut them down doesnt mean theres not a way out.
If i showed you all the ways to escape a triangle choke, but all the ways your opponent could lock you in it.. Should it be removed from the MMA competition?

ColdSpine

"I wore those colors before you"
Man... Nerfs ALREADY being called when Tom Brady did show you have options of getting out.. Just cause he showed how to shut them down doesnt mean theres not a way out.
If i showed you all the ways to escape a triangle choke, but all the ways your opponent could lock you in it.. Should it be removed from the MMA competition?
These are NRS new standards:

The player: comes up with setups and gets creative

NRS: tommy, gimme the nerf bat!

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
@Tom Brady, I'd test myself if I could, but I can't so I'll ask instead: can you not get an additional jp/jk in there (or possibly even jp/jk-air disc) before the neutral jump kick?

DOOMSDAY-15RUS-

i'LL DESTROY YOU ALL
Your set up go anything like b311, exSS, njp, j4, disc, run, 32, disc... Grants you the opportunity to rush in with a string of your choosing. Probably b311, or 32. Your string will hit the same time the disc hits thus breaking opponents armor. Hell, even though this set up can be back dashed, a b22 will punish them. Sound pretty similar to your set up?
litle bit the same but mine is easier and i can break armor after that

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
If this doesn't catch a nerf I'll eat my hat.
I got a random quote from Tanya's forum for ya: "Shes been out for like 2 weeks lol. No way to tell this early." :DOGE

Let's not nerf out Preddy-daddy too fast. It only looks op. I bet it can be punished by million ways.
<troll mode off>
I guess we take it as fast as we can, course nerfbat might be coming indeed.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Well I planned on Maining predator before the game came out but I love his scumbaggery. I bet his stuff won't last 2-3 weeks though. He looks "too strong" so he'll get patched. That said ironically he did remind me of sub zero. Thought that as soon as I back threw someone into the mine

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
They can nerf him as much as they want in dmg department as long as they don't touch those traps. Ha! He can toss them damned traps from air, too. <3

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
I can't wait to see you main Predator. The trap/throw setup could be nerfed from cry threads, but the rest of his dirt is totally fair imo. Good shit Tom

cambros22

Stand Back I'm a Doctor!!!!!!
There are no unblockables. Blockstun doesn't mean anything. It is just a hard to block just like Quan Chi's low bat set ups. Tom was doing overhead/low set up, where NJP hits first, and the trap hangs him. If the trap hits first you block it backwards. Even if the hits are just a frame apart it is possible to block. And if they hit on the same frame you can block both standing.
Thanks for clarifying what was happening in training for me.

REDRUM

www.twitter.com/redrum26
Mines are much better then the ice clone.. like MUCH better.
Agreed, just the fact that after Predator strings you upside down he can heal himself and have time to hit you alone (which isn't being talked about) makes his trap better than ice clone.

SLH7671

When in doubt, armor out.
I just tested this against jax's straight ex dash punch, and it pushes you too far back and over the trap. Obviously there will be further mind games after that, but at the moment, Jax does seem to have a way out.

Edit: EX trap will open automatically and you can break Jax's armor with a well timed button.

Good tech though! I'm looking forward to trying this on more characters.
Getting too old for this shit.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Agreed, just the fact that after Predator strings you upside down he can heal himself and have time to hit you alone (which isn't being talked about) makes his trap better than ice clone.
Healing takes away ALL of his stamina though so the damage lost from not being able to run cancel in the end of the combo is roughly equivalent to the health he gains (loses 5% damage to gain 5% health)

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Any setups for when ya don't have meter?
Great shit as always Tom
I know you can connect a NJP off 2,1,2 in the corner, so it would work with that, but 2 is just simply a mid and Brady's version starts with B+3,1,1 which is a low starter.