What's new

Human Cyrax Unbreakable (discussion, no video)

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
I don't agree with it being in the game. Reasons why:

The character I play can get about 50% midscreen off a jip for 3 bars and it's breakable all the way up until the point of the Xray itself. Cyrax can do 50% for 2 bars and it's unbreakable, that's hardly much of a price to pay, in my book. It closes out matches and rounds more efficiently than Sub-Zero's and Kung lao's (both Xray characters to some extent) Xray combos because even if you have 2 bars, you aren't breaking it. So even when you manage your meter correctly Cyrax kills you with it. Shang and Kitana don't do 50% unbreakable damage.

I don't think people realise that 50% for 2 bars is actually good damage and then you add in the fact it's unbreakable. Sorry, man, I don't agree with it, but if it remains in the game, people are absolutely free to use it. It's not the same as
Quan Chi's stuff, either. Quan Chi doesn't have anywhere near the amount of toolds that Cyrax has outside of his rune trap. Cyrax is very capable without all this stuff. It's much easier to make Quan Chi break than it is Cyrax due to the fact he controls so much space on screen with bombs and nets, anyway.

Yes he has his bad matchups, but that's just like every character in the game.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I'm really glad people are starting to see the light, no trollin'

(almost) Every character has bullshit, it's just not always in a form that causes sticker shock like smoke, jax, and cyrax.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Personally, I feel like the amount of unbreakerable damage that Shang Tsung and Kitana can (and will) do to you is worse than Cyrax's dirt. Cyrax has the option to do unbreakerable damadge, but Shang Tsung's and Kitana's games revolve around it practically.

But what fun would this game be if everyone played fair?

i wonder whats next if ppl already complain about this and calling this BS...geez

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
I don't agree with it being in the game. Reasons why:

The character I play can get about 50% midscreen off a jip for 3 bars and it's breakable all the way up until the point of the Xray itself. Cyrax can do 50% for 2 bars and it's unbreakable, that's hardly much of a price to pay, in my book. It closes out matches and rounds more efficiently than Sub-Zero's and Kung lao's (both Xray characters to some extent) Xray combos because even if you have 2 bars, you aren't breaking it. So even when you manage your meter correctly Cyrax kills you with it. Shang and Kitana don't do 50% unbreakable damage.

I don't think people realise that 50% for 2 bars is actually good damage and then you add in the fact it's unbreakable. Sorry, man, I don't agree with it, but if it remains in the game, people are absolutely free to use it. It's not the same as
Quan Chi's stuff, either. Quan Chi doesn't have anywhere near the amount of toolds that Cyrax has outside of his rune trap. Cyrax is very capable without all this stuff. It's much easier to make Quan Chi break than it is Cyrax due to the fact he controls so much space on screen with bombs and nets, anyway.

Yes he has his bad matchups, but that's just like every character in the game.

Thank you for your reply, well robot cyrax doesnt have this unbreakable combo, only human. Humans bomb game isnt all that great compared to robot. His nets mainly connect on hit from a normal instead of from forced jumps. Although i admit 50% is alot compared to other characters you are correct.

The thing is that if you go comparing damage output without exploits for meter then there will be different levels of people being pissed off. A jade player probably thinks that sub and kung lao have it too good compared to her interms of risk reward for damage.

Now i know im opening myself up to some scrutiny here but im opening this thread to get everyones honest opinion on his Unbreakable combo. This combo that im referring to is not a reset, nor an exploit. It requires 2 meters and guarantees 50% damage no matter how many meters you have.

Lets say the resets get removed and he no longer has this exploit of guaranteed damage resets into 80% for 1 meter and 93% for 2. He still has his command grab mixup, 60% 1 meter combos, 72% 3 meter combo mid screen and awesome corner pressure. He still has this combo where he gets rid of 2 meters for your 2 meters in order to continue comboing you. The way the combo works is that if you try to break the uppercut you get launched by the bomb under you back into a combo.

I dont think that this can be changed due to the fact that NRS would have to change the way an air breaker works or add invincibility frames on landing which might effect several other dimensions of the game. No other character so far has a way to set this up to happen so i know this will upset many people. My question to TYM is once he has his resets removed, will he still be considered over powered for this one game closing combo?

I ask this because i would finally like to use Cyrax and all his tools without the complaining. As a tournament player i tend to use everything available to me, and if this is available i will still use it, i just dont like the ridicule that comes along with it.
i can honestly say.. there was a time when i was afraid of that character and DREADED fighting him. what did i do? more games more games more games. now? im fine against him and cant believe i ever said anything about him.

ppl talk out of ignorance... J360, i wish you would use cyblax now and say who fucking cares about complaints because where you play.. no one will be complaining.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I thought Cyblax was the answer until he failed me epically at Winter Brawl. I'm all Robot again.

This is some dirty shit, but IMO, it's not as bad as the resets. Shang can't hit it, but he comes close enough to it.

Romeo hit the nail on the head, and it's the same thing I've always said...a FG isn't nearly as much fun without dirt.

i can honestly say.. there was a time when i was afraid of that character and DREADED fighting him. what did i do? more games more games more games. now? im fine against him and cant believe i ever said anything about him.
For the longest time, I felt the same way about Rain & Mileena.
His offense and her speed/D4talities used to put the fear of Elder God in me, but now...I love running into them, as more often than not I can handle them from the extra experience, and even getting destroyed by one just gives me more to learn about beating them.

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now

ppl talk out of ignorance... J360, i wish you would use cyblax now and say who fucking cares about complaints because where you play.. no one will be complaining.
Tom you fucking rock. ill be bringing cyblax tomorrow at vsm you better be there!

Reactions: HAN

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Everyone's got their BS though. JC's +5 advantage off a f33b3 or f33 EX FB is just as bad imo. You've got no choice but to allow him to build additional meter to let him do it again outside of being kneed in the face and punched in the balls.
people have been jumping out after some of my f33 ex balls, and you can duck after the first one, and since its confirmed that f3 random advantage only applies to people who try and jump afterwards, its no where near as bad as the resets and unblockable damage imo