What's new

Hsu Hao in MK11 on black dragon's club

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
I don't care a fuck for Hsu Hao, btw, not that I'm defending him, I just say, Bo Rai Cho should be among the same level as him.
We don't get to decide this, Cassie. Whatever works...works. Something about Bo clearly made a good impression on his fanbase. Enough for him to return numerous times and be included as DLC in MKX.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Well, I never see something positive about him anywhere. Just a few people who enjoy Drunken Masters, but even they hate the joke farting and puking shit.

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
I'm sure if Hsu Hao was introduced in MK11 he'd be way different and not just a Kano rip-off. NRS is not Midway. They now actually fear for their asses and do work, they have to answer to Daddy WB where they're spending that dough :DOGE
Exactly any previously bland or disliked character can be easily redeemed. Everyone in mk11 looks fantastic, I have faith that they could bring back anyone and make people say "instant day 1 main". I'm actually excited to see what they do with older characters. Rather see that then new or guest characters as DLC.

Trilogy era worst character: Stryker
3D Era worst character: Kobra, Meat, Mokap, Jarek, Mavado but NOT Hsu Hao
Reboot Era worst character: Jacqui

Change my mind.
Dairou is worse than all those except Jarek. But for real when DA was out Hsu Hao wasnt even considered bad, he was just bland looking. Bo Rai Cho was the least liked/played newcomer from that game imo. Also Mavado was awesome with his hookshot things. Ken is my favorite street fighter character, so I actually really liked Kobra, especially using the tonfas.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
Well, I never see something positive about him anywhere. Just a few people who enjoy Drunken Masters, but even they hate the joke farting and puking shit.
I'm in this group! I'd love the drunken master archtype, but the way it's implemented into Bo Rai Cho character makes me sad that it's soooo fucked up!

Lord Snotty

Dairou is worse than all those except Jarek. But for real when DA was out Hsu Hao wasnt even considered bad, he was just bland looking. Bo Rai Cho was the least liked/played newcomer from that game imo. Also Mavado was awesome with his hookshot things. Ken is my favorite street fighter character, so I actually really liked Kobra, especially using the tonfas.
I wasn't a fan of Dairou, but I was really good with him. My goodness I could murder other players with him. Sometimes you don't choose the fighter, he chooses you etc. There are some 3D era fighters I'd like to see again: Nitara, Ashrah, Hotaru, Shujinko, and Havik seem ripe for a revamp.

Last edited:

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
I wasn't a fan of Dairou, but I was really good with him. My goodness I could murder other players with him. Sometimes you don't choose the fighter, he chooses you etc. There are some 3D era fighters I'd like to see again: Nitara, Ashrah, Hotaru, Shujinko, and Havik seem ripe for a revamp.
ya Darrius was actually my main in Deception. He was pretty generic looking, and his story was pretty bland, but man did I love how he played. Hope all the past characters get redeemed to be honest.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
Trilogy is too classic to say there were bad characters.
3D era worst for me in Deception: everyone.
DA: everyone, Armageddon: Everyone but Taven and Daegon.
Reboot: D’Vorah, Ferra/Torr, Kotal Kahn, Jaqui isn’t bad anymore

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Trilogy is too classic to say there were bad characters.
3D era worst for me in Deception: everyone.
DA: everyone, Armageddon: Everyone but Taven and Daegon.
Reboot: D’Vorah, Ferra/Torr, Kotal Kahn, Jaqui isn’t bad anymore
Really? Calling D'Vorah, Ferra and Kotal Kahn bad? But liking the kids? Ugh. I know it's your taste, but that is one sour taste I happily don't share with you. Ugh again.

And you seriously call Kenshi a bad character? :-O

trufenix

bye felicia
This reminds me of the first time I heard the Erron Black line about Kobra in MKX. It was bittersweet, but at least I knew they were still thinking of me.

trufenix

bye felicia
People hate Hsu Hao for no reason. There's nothing hateable about him, he's just forgettable
uh. . stupid moves, stupid outfit, stupid role in the plot. also born one of the least fun to actually play games, then got brutally murdered in his own ending, has a stupid name most people can't spell, his creators hate him, there's about 50 other mk characters more interesting, including Daegon and Monster...

but his worst crime, I think, is that fucking goatee.

Lord Snotty

Call me crazy but Kai is a lot more forgettable than Hsu hao and Jarek, he's not even on the list of trash characters, that's how trash he is.

He's not even worth being memed.
Kai's lack of character works for him in that he could be completely reinvented and brought to a new audience. But I doubt we'll see him again.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
Guy finds a Hsu Hao easter egg thread and tries to make it a Jacqui hate thread? Wow dude. Welcome to my ignore list homey.

I don't mind the farting and puking, it's comic relief... Are you really that grossed out in a game that has large monster men stabbing people in the face and eating their brains in slow motion?

Chill out brother, MK is the theatre of hyperbole and absurdity, that what makes it so unique

Still I hate Bo Rai Fart most of all characters, I hate the farting so much, I can't take him seriously.

I would love a character like Gen/Gouken in Mortal Kombat that trained Liu Kang & CO.
The thing about Bo Rai' Cho, for me, is that he has so much potential to be a fucking awesome character...

If they removed his farts and a part of his vomits and etc. and focus on his martial arts/Bartitsu or even a little of magic (I mean, he was Liu Kang's master and didn't get corrupted by Shinnok, so it would make a little sense for him to have something...) he could be so cool.

Enviado de meu SM-A700FD usando o Tapatalk

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I never liked Hsu Hao, like at all. However I do think if NRS wanted to they can make him (or any other of the 3D era characters) bad ass if they wanted to. This reminds me of KI before Gargos and Eyedol came out.

People wanted Gargos, then other people always repeated that he was a generic gargoyle s*** tier character that had nothing cool about him and needed to stay gone. The Iron Galaxy was like "Hold my beer" and BAM Gargos was back and he looked and played amazing. People liked him.

With Eyedol it was even worse. For months people said he needed to be in the game because he was the only original KI character not in the new game. Then the opposition like a broken record would always say "No no no he was a garbage a** character that needed to just be forgotten he was stupid " Then Iron Galaxy again, was like "Hold my beer" and BAM Eyedol was back, he looked amazing and his game play was awesome too. The only thing that was questionable was the random stance switch but other than that they made him great.

TLDR: Any character can me remade to be awesome if somebody actually takes the time and effort to do it, even a joke like Hsu Hao. Especially NRS, I feel like they are very talented and could do any of these hated 3d era characters justice if they really wanted to.

Y'all hate Jacqui so much you think she's worse than Hsu Hao? Not even jokingly???

Clearly, if you think Jacqui's worse than Hsu Hao you have no taste and your opinion is void.

Hsu Hao flopped. Jacqui's thriving.
Hsu hao didn't flop he was broken and that made him what he is now,Jacqui is the worst character shes just female jax