What's new

Hsu Hao in MK11 on black dragon's club

ToxiCrow

Noob
Why does everyone hate Jacqui? I really liked her in MKX. She had plenty of character and I question why people don't see it. Easily she was my favorite of the Kombat Kids and her interactions with Takeda were cute as hell. She was a soldier but that didn't really define her alone. She wanted to protect people and went against her dad's wishes to do so. She found a way to emulate her father by using external cyber enhancements with guns attached to them. She is interesting and well rounded but people don't seem to see it for some reason.

As for Hsu Hao I have no opinion. If you can bring a character back and make them interesting then I'm all for it. I'm hoping to see Ashrah brought back one day myself.

Ptehu

Prince of Edenia
she was in MKX because:

- Cassie needed to have a friend
- Takeda needed to have a crush
- Jax needed a reason to get involved in the story AGAIN

Yet, I also think she can be redeemed now, as at this moment in MK11, she seems better than Sonya and Cassie together.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
She had plenty of character
No she didn't.

She was a soldier but that didn't really define her alone.
Lots of characters are soldiers who aren't defined by being soldiers. This isn't interesting.

She wanted to protect people
Lots of characters want to protect people. Still not interesting.

and went against her dad's wishes to do so.
She didn't do it on screen. And she never dealt with any fallout or consequences of making this decision on screen. For all intents and purposes it basically didn't happen.

Both times it comes up in conversation, incredibly briefly, the conversation turns to exploring the rivalry between Johnny and Jax. That's right, what should have been a pivotal moment in Jacqui's life is actually used to develop two other characters instead.

She found a way to emulate her father by using external cyber enhancements with guns attached to them.
...this is not a character trait. This does not make Jacqui a well rounded character.

Everything Jacqui is in MKX, another character does in a more interesting way.

Cassie is a soldier who spends all game trying to get her team to work together, prove herself and basically earn a promotion. Sonya is a soldier who spends all game trying to juggle her personal life with her career. Jax is a soldier who doesn't want to be a soldier because he has PTSD.

Jacqui is.......... a soldier. The end.

Jacqui has a complicated personal life? Great, let's see it on screen. Where is it? We see Cassie's complicated personal life all game long, so we understand her struggles. We see Takeda and Kung Jin's flashbacks, so we understand something about their struggles.

Jacqui........... says "Jax was just a bit over-protective." The end. It isn't even played for drama, the next sentence out of her mouth is about how he beat the shit out of Johnny hahaha it was so funny.

That's her character in MKX in a nutshell. Cassie gets the entire game to explore her conflicts, Takeda and Kung Jin get a flashback to explore theirs, and Jacqui gets a sentence that turns into a Johnny vs Jax anecdote.

Last edited:
Y'all hate Jacqui so much you think she's worse than Hsu Hao? Not even jokingly???

Clearly, if you think Jacqui's worse than Hsu Hao you have no taste and your opinion is void.

Hsu Hao flopped. Jacqui's thriving.
Trilogy era worst character: Stryker
3D Era worst character: Kobra, Meat, Mokap, Jarek, Mavado but NOT Hsu Hao
Reboot Era worst character: Jacqui

Change my mind.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
Bo Rai Cho is somewhat unique.
Also, drunken master character archetype and plot relevant.
Unlike the most 3Ds who were like guests from other fighting games.
Bo Rai Cho was also popular enough to return to Deception and Mortal Kombat X. He's arguably a successful character, despite the vociferous criticism. He serves a purpose, returning to Mortal Kombat during the bleakest games in the franchise. I welcomed his comedic value.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Bo Rai Cho was also popular enough to return to Deception and Mortal Kombat X. He's arguably a successful character, despite the vociferous criticism.
He's Boon's third favorite character after Kenshi and Scorpion... THAT is the only reason he was back, not by popular demand at all.

Don't make shit up.

Lord Snotty

He's Boon's third favorite character after Kenshi and Scorpion... THAT is the only reason he was back, not by popular demand at all.

Don't make shit up.
Cold harsh fact is inviolable. Bo appeared in several games, including the last Mortal Kombat. It is what it is.

Cassie Cyrus

People hate Hsu Hao for no reason. There's nothing hateable about him, he's just forgettable
They hate Hsu Hao because Ed Boon and Vogel hate him, they never developed an opinion of their own, probably the same people that always agree with everything their favorite celebrities tell them.

Cassie Cyrus

Cold harsh fact is inviolable. Bo appeared in several games, including the last Mortal Kombat. It is what it is.
Still NOT by popular demand like you claimed, he returned because Boon loves him, many people were sad that he returned of ALL characters they could have used.

Bo Rai Cho was also popular enough to return to Deception and Mortal Kombat X. He's arguably a successful character, despite the vociferous criticism. He serves a purpose, returning to Mortal Kombat during the bleakest games in the franchise. I welcomed his comedic value.
This.

I could welcome Jacqui for the role of the boring dumb character, but seeing so many people missing their favorites and staples isn't helping.

Lord Snotty

Still NOT by popular demand like you claimed, he returned because Boon loves him, many people were sad that he returned of ALL characters they could have used.
Fact: fans play the character online. Fact: fans post videos about him on YouTube. Fact: fans make fan (f)art about him. All of this suggests to me he has a moderate popularity at the very least.

However, we don't have any evidence that Bo only made into the many games he appeared in solely because Ed loves him. I don't care for the character, but he definitely has a fanbase, even if he is polarising.

Cassie Cyrus

We have fans playing the character online, posting videos about him on YouTube, making fan (f)art about him. We don't have any evidence that Bo
only made into the many games he appeared in because Ed loves him. I don't care for the character, but he definitely has a fanbase, even if he is polarising.
Also, he's ALWAYS in the top 10 worst characters, he's the biggest joke of the franchize, EVERY character (even HSU HOA) has many youtube video's, so that means SHIT.

Even in Lun (where is she btw, banned?) post about him, 90% of the people were negative about him.

He sucks, fact.

I know me hating on Cassie Cage is my own opinion, and there are a lot of fans of her for good reasons, but I can't feel the same way about Bo Rai Fart, he's just a joke, probably because Boon loves childish fart jokes.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Ha! This is amazing.

I’d rather have Hsu Hao than Rain. I actually liked him. I just don’t understand the hype for Rain.

Lord Snotty

He sucks, fact.
By definition, an opinion not a fact. Fact: Hsu Hao appeared as a fighter in one game. It's not comparable to Bo Rai Cho, who - again - was popular and successful enough to appear numerous times. He's not going to compare to Scorpion or Sub-Zero, but he clearly occupies a different level of appeal. I don't get it, but there we go.

Cassie Cyrus

By definition, an opinion not a fact. Fact: Hsu Hao appeared as a fighter in one game. It's not comparable to Bo Rai Cho, who - again - was popular and successful enough to appear numerous times.
Hsu Hao appeared in 2 games actually and still has many people talking about him, negative that is, but negative attention is also attention. He's the most popular character to be hated upon.

I don't care a fuck for Hsu Hao, btw, not that I'm defending him, I just say, Bo Rai Cho should be among the same level as him. Worthless characters that need a serious re-design and moveset.

I rarely see youtube people talking positively about Bo Rai Cho, his inclusion is mostly viewed as joke or as a wasted spot.

Lord Snotty

Hsu Hao appeared in 2 games actually and still has many people talking about him, negative that is, but negative attention is also attention. He's the most popular character to be hated upon.
That means Bo appeared in an extra game I didn't include (Armageddon) because everyone (regardless of popularity or success) appeared in it. Four games. Well done, Bo Rai Cho.