What's new

How would you guys feel about an "Alternate MK Universe or Multiverse" storyline at some point?

What if MK took an "Alternate Universe or Multiverse" storyline at some point?

• Total voters

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ok, so we have an idea of the storyline thanks to a tweet Boon mentioned today saying it's a continuation of MK 9 but with a newer original story too. What does this mean?

Now, it's probably NOT anything with Alternate Universes etc.

NOTE: Alternate Universe is NOT time travel altered events like we saw in MK 9 (starting with MKA's ending/MK9's beginning)

Some people think they're the same thing that's why I mentioned that.

Anyway, since I know at some point they're going to run out of ideas so personally I'd love to see them do an Injustice like story with perhaps having an alternate MKU/versions of them mix with the mainstream MKU 1 versions we all know and love.

Think about it, MK already has different realms/worlds, different dimensions via portals to go to one to another or if you're a God like Raiden, can make a portal to any realm or just teleport there.

So who's to say they can't mix a different universe at some point? I mean say an Earthrealm 2 from a second MK Universe get mixed up with Earthream 1 Scorpion? I can just see so many possibilities. Perhaps someone from an alternate MK Universe stumbles upon that universes amulet and uses it to travel to different MK Universes?

The one thing I'd want though is to have the Elder Gods be the official creators of the MK Multiverse since they really are of the mainstream MKU, they defeated the One being, are pretty much omnipotent, existed since like forever and created the realms themselves. I'd love to see more about them too and just how ridiculously powerful they are since they made the realms to begin with, created the other godly characters like Raiden, Fujin etc with a purpose.

At any rate, I doubt we'll see this in MK X but you never know? Sooner or later they're going to have to make up newer ideas and newer characters(which is already starting with this game) with of course returning favs.

I know some franchises don't have a multiverse or alternate universes etc but given how long MK has lasted, the popularity, characters, intriguing storyline. The time travel story worked very well for MK 9 so I'm really confident they can pull it off plus we all know it worked very well for Injustice, spawning it's own popular comic series even.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
I want to see The One Being as a character and it should look Nothing like Dark Khan. Earthrealm1 vs Earthrealm2 is bad idea. It's just another excuse for mindless mirror matches.

MKF30

I want to see The One Being as a character and it should look Nothing like Dark Khan. Earthrealm1 vs Earthrealm2 is bad idea. It's just another excuse for mindless mirror matches.
Wouldn't be mindless though if it was important to the storyline, example in comics you have cases like Crime Syndicate's world where they either took it over completely or in N52 events, destroyed by someone so they fled to another world to try to take it over...to the main Earth, they were from Earth 3 the Crime Syndicate.

So I'm all for it, the One Being I doubt would be an actual character since it's essentially an essence that never dies. It's pure evil more or less, to me it's like the evil version of the Elder Gods there, but yet not there physically....

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
cop out, bad storytelling etc
id rather someone just be in the game and not exist in the story mode then them make a lame story just to include chacraters

MKF30

How is that a lame story? At any rate, just pitching ideas. One thing this topic will weed out are the fans who care about developed characters and story, and those who just want a character in there even if it makes no sense... MK's always been about a cool story unlike other fighters with shitty to no story....

I do love time travel fuck ups, BUT I hate parallel universes…

The MK storytelling is already overcomplicated, and a huge amount of fans miss out many facts. After the presentation of the new timeline, the confusion is much bigger.

Some facts that are blurry for many people:

- The misunderstandings that occur between the arcade endings and the story canon.
- The rivalry of the 2 most iconic ninjas is not clear for many as well. Bi- Han killed Hanzo in the shaolin temple, but Quan Chi killed Scorpion's clan and family.
- Kuai Liang's and Scorpion's "friendship" in the original timeline is also underestimated, resulting on many different opinions. The late fuck up is in MK Legacy season 2, where Bi- Han is portrayed like the good guy and Kuai is the bad one.
- The argument of Shaolin Monks being canon or non-canon (Non -canon)
- Many retcons that happened through the years.( especially in the new timeline)
- The all around shitty media, movies ,cartoons , comics fucked up facts so many times :)

I could see MKvsDC as a parallel universe though. (Shao Kahn is Raiden's brother, like in the Annihilation movie)
Now that Warner Bros is much involved in the MK stuff, we will see more "Comic plot structure".. So, I guess you will get parallel universe stuff in MK through the next years.

Or even better Zombie universe….:DOGE

Last edited:

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
The base of the story all has to do if they follow the story canon or each characters endings and continue from there.

MKF30

I do love time travel fuck ups, BUT I hate parallel universes…

The MK storytelling is already overcomplicated, and a huge amount of fans miss out many facts. After the presentation of the new timeline, the confusion is much bigger.

Some facts that are blurry for many people:

- The misunderstandings that occur between the arcade endings and the story canon.
- The rivalry of the 2 most iconic ninjas is not clear for many as well. Bi- Han killed Hanzo in the shaolin temple, but Quan Chi killed Scorpion's clan and family.
- Kuai Liang's and Scorpion's "friendship" in the original timeline is also underestimated, resulting on many different opinions. The late fuck up is in MK Legacy season 2, where Bi- Han is portrayed like the good guy and Kuai is the bad one.
- The argument of Shaolin Monks being canon or non-canon (Non -canon)
- Many retcons that happened through the years.( especially in the new timeline)
- The all around shitty media, movies ,cartoons , comics fucked up facts so many times :)

I could see MKvsDC as a parallel universe though. (Shao Kahn is Raiden's brother, like in the Annihilation movie)
Now that Warner Bros is much involved in the MK stuff, we will see more "Comic plot structure".. So, I guess you will get parallel universe stuff in MK through the next years.

Or even better Zombie universe….:DOGE
Oh believe me while that's true, it's nothing as confusing as DC or Marvel's plots lol. Ever read Infinite Crisis, Crisis stories? hahaha good luck following all that well. That's why in a way I'm happy DC's N52 has just 52 Universes, and not freaking infinite...with like 100 different Superman's lol.

So to me, after reading that for years this is nothing(plus growing up playing MK from the start) it's complex then the average game's story, but not THAT complex if you carefully follow it. I consider MK 9 not really a retcon but more of a revisiting to the original timeline with SOME changes, yet other things remain the same(example Shinnok and QC planning to take over) that originally happened after MK 3 anyway....

Raiden will just have to go about it differently this time, probably getting new fighters introduced both good, evil and perhaps neutral with favorites returning ie Scorpion, Sub, Raiden, Sonya, Cage and I hope Ermac, Reptile etc. Overall, I took MK:SM as NOT canon but taking place in the MK 2 timeline, reason why is really because the way that ended didn't actually happen in the canon MK fighting games ie original MK 2, MK3 and even MK 9 ALL times Liu Kang defeated Shao Kahn in mortal kombat, not Raiden and of course EG's killing him...

Pretty much all MK outside media is NOT canon, the original comics aren't canon(unless they're coinciding with the games canon storyline) the movies, tv shows, MKC and MK:L are not canon. Even Kevin T said, while staying true to the MK mythos he also adds his own "perspective" ie the Raiden episode in season on, turning LK evil from the start, Ermac's origins, bi-han and scorpion agreeing etc. This never happened in the games. During MK 4 Scorpion found out the truth about his family and clan's killer being Quan Chi, and thus felt the need to protect/help the younger Sub-Zero/Kuai Lian in that timeline....I have a feeling that may happen again in this timeline as well, once Sub is brought back at some point he'll probably fight Scorpion again and it'll come out that QC framed Bi-Han's(kuai liang's brother Elder Sub-Zero) for the murder of Scorp's family/clan. Then Scorp will hunt down QC as he did originally...lol

I don't see MK9 as a "full retcon" only some things were changed, while others totally remained the same.

MK DC also they confirmed isn't canon, just a what if scenario if you're wondering.

So really, the only true canon we can go by is the fighting MK games MK 1, MK2, MK3/UMK3, MK4, MKDA, MKD, MKA and MK 9.

As far as outside media, really the only ones who have come really the closest to this day was the first MK movie. In a lot of ways it was accurate, but with some changes like giving Liu Kang a brother that Shang Tsung killed(more or less representing Kung Lao in a way) but stll paid homage to the original Kung Lao, as the movie confirmed "Kung Lao's descendant is fighting in the tournament, we must handle him carefully" -Shang Tsung.

While the game's canon is the great Kung Lao killed at the hands of Goro, his descendant in the canon is Kung Lao(the one we saw die by Shao Kahn breaking his neck)

Yes, I'm obsessed with MK and follow it religiously lol. Any questions you have ask me, also another user on here who's great at filling you in on the story if you're wondering is @Onilordasmodeus he's helpful too.

Last edited:

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Oh believe me while that's true, it's nothing as confusing as DC or Marvel's plots lol. Ever read Infinite Crisis, Crisis stories? hahaha good luck following all that well. That's why in a way I'm happy DC's N52 has just 52 Universes, and not freaking infinite...with like 100 different Superman's lol.

So to me, after reading that for years this is nothing(plus growing up playing MK from the start) it's complex then the average game's story, but not THAT complex if you carefully follow it. I consider MK 9 not really a retcon but more of a revisiting to the original timeline with SOME changes, yet other things remain the same(example Shinnok and QC planning to take over) that originally happened after MK 3 anyway....

Raiden will just have to go about it differently this time, probably getting new fighters introduced both good, evil and perhaps neutral with favorites returning ie Scorpion, Sub, Raiden, Sonya, Cage and I hope Ermac, Reptile etc. Overall, I took MK:SM as NOT canon but taking place in the MK 2 timeline, reason why is really because the way that ended didn't actually happen in the canon MK fighting games ie original MK 2, MK3 and even MK 9 ALL times Liu Kang defeated Shao Kahn in mortal kombat, not Raiden and of course EG's killing him...

Pretty much all MK outside media is NOT canon, the original comics aren't canon(unless they're coinciding with the games canon storyline) the movies, tv shows, MKC and MK:L are not canon. Even Kevin T said, while staying true to the MK mythos he also adds his own "perspective" ie the Raiden episode in season on, turning LK evil from the start, Ermac's origins, bi-han and scorpion agreeing etc. This never happened in the games. During MK 4 Scorpion found out the truth about his family and clan's killer being Quan Chi, and thus felt the need to protect/help the younger Sub-Zero/Kuai Lian in that timeline....I have a feeling that may happen again in this timeline as well, once Sub is brought back at some point he'll probably fight Scorpion again and it'll come out that QC framed Bi-Han's(kuai liang's brother Elder Sub-Zero) for the murder of Scorp's family/clan. Then Scorp will hunt down QC as he did originally...lol

I don't see MK9 as a "full retcon" only some things were changed, while others totally remained the same.

MK:DC also they confirmed isn't canon, just a what if scenario if you're wondering.

So really, the only true canon we can go by is the fighting MK games MK 1, MK2, MK3/UMK3, MK4, MKDA, MKD, MKA and MK 9.

As far as outside media, really the only ones who have come really the closest to this day was the first MK movie. In a lot of ways it was accurate, but with some changes like giving Liu Kang a brother that Shang Tsung killed(more or less representing Kung Lao in a way) but stll paid homage to the original Kung Lao, as the movie confirmed "Kung Lao's descendant is fighting in the tournament, we must handle him carefully" -Shang Tsung.

While the game's canon is the great Kung Lao killed at the hands of Goro, his descendant in the canon is Kung Lao(the one we saw die by Shao Kahn breaking his neck)

Yes, I'm obsessed with MK and follow it religiously lol. Any questions you have ask me, also another user on here who's great at filling you in on the story if you're wondering is @Onilordasmodeus he's helpful too.
MK:SM Sub-Zero is Bi-Han not Kuai Lang. In the ending to that game Sub-Zero enters MK in the MK1.

MKF30

MK:SM Sub-Zero is Bi-Han not Kuai Lang. In the ending to that game Sub-Zero enters MK in the MK1.
I know, I never said he was Kuai Liang man lol where did you think I said this? I take it something you thought I said that? :confused:

I was just pointing out that MK:SM isn't canon to the fighting game MK games. That game is fun and all but there were things in there that never actually happened in the canon fighting games. MK Mythologies however IS canon though, as that takes place before MK tournaments with Bi-Han. Not sure if you remember Raiden references it in MK 9 right after Scorpion killed him.

You are pretty well informed! :)

I've been following the MK story since the very beginning as well, thus i know and recognize only the main games as canon( the ones you mentioned)

The new timeline retcons little facts like the true origin of the Ice brothers, or Kung Lao's secret presence in the first tournament( an element from MK: SM)

The thing is that not many people know and understand all these stories, and that's why I say MK storytelling (Especially for a fighting game) is already overcomplicated- For the masses. The non-canon around media also caused even more confusion. ..

We could get more in this discussion at some point bro. I love talking and disagreeing for something as Surreal as MK's story!

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I know, I never said he was Kuai Liang man lol where did you think I said this? I take it something you thought I said that? :confused:

I was just pointing out that MK:SM isn't canon to the fighting game MK games. That game is fun and all but there were things in there that never actually happened in the canon fighting game
The part you said the MK:SM was taking part in the Mk2 storyline, but its your opinion though.

MKF30

You are pretty well informed! :)

I've been following the MK story since the very beginning as well, thus i know and recognize only the main games as canon( the ones you mentioned)

The new timeline retcons little facts like the true origin of the Ice brothers, or Kung Lao's secret presence in the first tournament( an element from MK: SM)

The thing is that not many people know and understand all these stories, and that's why I say MK storytelling (Especially for a fighting game) is already overcomplicated- For the masses. The non-canon around media also caused even more confusion. ..

We could get more in this discussion at some point bro. I love talking and disagreeing for something as Surreal as MK's story!
Thanks ;) lol on on the comic book front the ones that were canon btw were the ones that coincided with the games(like MK 4 had a comic book before the game) and MK vs. DCU had a mini comic book written by John Tobias ;) even though that game isn't canon, the comic book was canon to the game(it was a prequel mini comic)

Yeah, what I felt MK 9 did was in some ways not necessarily retcon certain things(sure some things changed no doubt) but in a way shed more light onto something ie KL existing in MK 1, I'm sure that happened before but we just "didn't see it or hear about it" definitely the Sub-Zero Brothers, til that point we only knew they were brothers and both cyromancers. We didn't know their names, backgrounds etc til MK 9 really.

I totally agree with you on the confusion of casual fans lol, on comic book sites there's battle threads and sometimes people use vid game characters from MK or SF usually, vs. comic book characters. 99% of the time the comic book fans dont know wtf they're talking about concerning MK, SF etc lol. Not for nothing, or the casual fans just use movies, MKL etc. You're so right. Example there was one topic recently on comicvine(which I visit) the guy tried saying "when it was Goro vs. Daredevil" he said "Oh DD stomps cause Goro lost to Johny Cage, who the hell lose to Johny cage!?! lol Yet I was like ummm no lol. Using the first MK movie in a canon argument is dumb or ignorant, obviously this kid didn't follow the mainstream canon MK storyline, he just judged by the movies lmao....

I mean by that logic, Ermac could just summon Noob Saibot out of his chest to help him...obviously the two have nothing to do with one another lol. So you see my point I'm sure.

Yeah totally lol, Onilord if he posts also fun to talk with. I talk with him with MK over at comicvine ;) and on here at times. Anytime man. I enjoy playing MK competitively online but I also LOVE the story, the darkness, characters etc.

The part you said the MK:SM was taking part in the Mk2 storyline, but its your opinion though.
Oh that part, yeah dude the ending part did take place in MK 2's arch where you see LK and KL defeat Shao Kahn then Raiden zaps him and blows up? Do you remember that part? The beginning part of MK: SM was MK 1, bi Han etc but the story progresses to MK 2. At some point I remember Ed Boon confirming MK:SM took place during between MK1 and MK 2 tournaments timeline.

http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Mortal_Kombat:_Shaolin_Monks

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
A really important part of the lore most people don't completely understand is the One Being. I even think most MK characters are unaware of it. The world we see in MK, all the characters and realms, are just the One Being's dreams whose conciousness was shattered with the use of the Kamidogus. It is implied in MKD that Onaga (and possibly Shao Khan as well), was influenced by him, and that is why he searches to fuse the Kamidogus, an act that would wake him up, while probably destroying the whole MK universe.

PD: While I don't consider cannon Shao Khan and Raiden being brothers, it is hinted in MKD that Shao Khan was the protector god of Outworld in the past. I believe Onaga tell's Shujinko he was his advisor in a similar way Raiden is for Earthrealm, and it was hinted by the chaosrealm people they were of the same race.

trufenix

bye felicia
I'm gonna dig into this later cause I love storyline talk, but I wanted to say before it got off the rails that SM is not canon. In the canon, MK1 is a proper tournament where Liu Kang comes out on top of Goro and then Shang. In SM it devolves into a gigantic brawl between good and evil in Shang Tsung's throne room and after that just kind of reimagines the actual canon events. Other stuff like Shang Tsung impersonating Raiden and Kung Lao and Liu Kang murdering Kintaro, the girls and others fly in the face of MK2s canon. Characters like Kabal and Smoke also turn up in totally wrong situations.

MK9 on the other hand didn't actually retcon anything (Except Jax's arms and Kabal's origin, which you could argue were consequences of the divergence), it clarified a lot of things that were previously untouched and of course the plot takes a huge divergence midway through mk2, but stuff like the origins of sub zeros, ermac, and noob, and the presence of the lin kuei and kenshi were never actually addressed so we can assume the DA / Deception konquest details still apply.

MKF30

A really important part of the lore most people don't completely understand is the One Being. I even think most MK characters are unaware of it. The world we see in MK, all the characters and realms, are just the One Being's dreams whose conciousness was shattered with the use of the Kamidogus. It is implied in MKD that Onaga (and possibly Shao Khan as well), was influenced by him, and that is why he searches to fuse the Kamidogus, an act that would wake him up, while probably destroying the whole MK universe.

PD: While I don't consider cannon Shao Khan and Raiden being brothers, it is hinted in MKD that Shao Khan was the protector god of Outworld in the past. I believe Onaga tell's Shujinko he was his advisor in a similar way Raiden is for Earthrealm, and it was hinted by the chaosrealm people they were of the same race.
This is true, they're not only a few are. Ermac was one of them in Deception but uneffected by it since he became good he had full control over his powers as oppose to before when he was just Shao Kahn's enforcer. Thing is while the One Being is still around, the Elder Gods eons ago defeated it and made the realms from it's shattered conscience while making the Kamidogus. But yes you're right Kahn and Raiden aren't brothers at all in any canon. The only two MK related games or media was MK vs. DCU, which isn't canon and the second MK movie MK: Annihilation which also isn't canon. The canon mainstream MK story they're not even related.

Raiden is the God of Thunder and Protector of Earthrealm, where as Shao Kahn is the Emperor of Outworld(originally an advisor for Onaga, but poisoned him centuries ago and thus took over as Emperor of Outworld.) I always saw Kahn as a powerful demon like race of some kind given his look, powers etc. In MK Deception, Onaga being influenced by the One Being was dooping/deceiving Shujinko into thinking he was helping doing work for the Elder Gods as a false alias known as Damashi. Of course later he found out this was Onaga fooling him, and wasn't the Elder Gods talking to him...

What you just described almost happened in MK Deception but was prevented by Shujinko, even though the Elder Gods powered up Scorpion to be their champion, Jinko beat him to the punch having absorbed everyone's power by that point becoming really powerful to shatter the kamidogu and kill Onaga.

I'm gonna dig into this later cause I love storyline talk, but I wanted to say before it got off the rails that SM is not canon. In the canon, MK1 is a proper tournament where Liu Kang comes out on top of Goro and then Shang. In SM it devolves into a gigantic brawl between good and evil in Shang Tsung's throne room and after that just kind of reimagines the actual canon events. Other stuff like Shang Tsung impersonating Raiden and Kung Lao and Liu Kang murdering Kintaro, the girls and others fly in the face of MK2s canon. Characters like Kabal and Smoke also turn up in totally wrong situations.

MK9 on the other hand didn't actually retcon anything (Except Jax's arms and Kabal's origin, which you could argue were consequences of the divergence), it clarified a lot of things that were previously untouched and of course the plot takes a huge divergence midway through mk2, but stuff like the origins of sub zeros, ermac, and noob were never actually addressed so we can assume the DA / Deception konquest details still apply.
They actually explained further HOW Jax lost his arms, originally it was just stated "Jax lost his arms in MK 3 to Shao Kahn's forces" but they never got detailed, being as how Ermac WAS one of his enforcers and it happened in Outworld I thought that made perfect sense. Things like that are just awesome. But yes totally, MK:SM isn't canon. Because it contradicts the actual canon events in the fighting games. As you said, things untouched but explained more, fleshed out.

Last edited:

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
Wouldn't be mindless though if it was important to the storyline, example in comics you have cases like Crime Syndicate's world where they either took it over completely or in N52 events, destroyed by someone so they fled to another world to try to take it over...to the main Earth, they were from Earth 3 the Crime Syndicate.

So I'm all for it, the One Being I doubt would be an actual character since it's essentially an essence that never dies. It's pure evil more or less, to me it's like the evil version of the Elder Gods there, but yet not there physically....
To me, the one being is like sauron from lord of the rings. A disembodied evil essence that manipulates the merge of realms through shinnok, shao khan etc. The one being is like a whisper in the dark

MKF30

To me, the one being is like sauron from lord of the rings. A disembodied evil essence that manipulates the merge of realms through shinnok, shao khan etc. The one being is like a whisper in the dark
Ha that's an interesting comparison, since I really enjoy LOTR mythos myself. In a way, yes in another way not. What I mean is in that "omnipotent, relentless sense" kind of, there is a way however to destroy Sauron while over time he does get powerful Sauron can be destroyed via the ring being tossed into Mount Doom. The One Being seems to be similar in influencing people, controlling them in a way but doesn't seem to have a permanent weakness. Although, it appears the Elder Gods are still ultimately more powerful as they've kept it at bay for eons apparently. It tried to take them over but failed. Then they made the realms from it's body, conscience etc kept an eye on it. But I can totally see that comparison in some ways.

More or less The Elder Gods would be like Eru(the gods of their respected universes) where as One Being and Sauron are the evil that just keeps coming back...

zerosebaz

MK9 on the other hand didn't actually retcon anything (Except Jax's arms and Kabal's origin, which you could argue were consequences of the divergence), it clarified a lot of things that were previously untouched and of course the plot takes a huge divergence midway through mk2, but stuff like the origins of sub zeros, ermac, and noob were never actually addressed so we can assume the DA / Deception konquest details still apply.
MK9 did actually retcon several things. I should look into some more carefully, but this is what i remember:

Sub-zero went to Outworld in MK2 to kill Shang Tsung sent by the clan, as Bi-han failed in the mission.
Smoke was the third prototype for cyborgs, so there should not have been others when Sub-zero is captured. He shouldn't even have been captured at that point, it happened when they returned to the clan after MK2.
Kitana knew her origins and intended to kill Shao Khan, and Millena was not just born.
Shang Tsung was the one to revive Sindel, not Quan Chi.
Sindel did not use a spell to protect Earthrealm, Shao Khan revived her as a way to trick the rules, as he entered Earthrealm to "claim his wife".
Noob Saibot was just spying for Shinnok during MK2, he had no business being in the tower with Goro when Liu Kang and Kung Lao went to rescue Kitana.
The Earthrealms warriors base was Nightwolf village, which was inmune to Khan's sorcery, not the church.
Kano convinced Shao Khan to use Earth's weapons in MK3, he was a prisoner during MKII

I know I can remember more if I think harder and research a little, but you get the idea.

MKF30

Raiden's time travel messages through time altered some things indeed, while some things while just explained others (such as how Jax lost his arms to Ermac in outworld apparently) originally among few other things. As soon as Raiden saved Smoke from cyborg transformation I knew Sub or someone else was going to be turned lol.

To add to that, Sektor also got defeated originally by Sub-Zero and Smoke, Sektor set self destruct but was later said to have escaped and then created the Tekunin. That point Sub took command as the new Lin Kuei leader.

I'm sure more of this stuff will be explained and fleshed out in MK X.

zerosebaz

Raiden's time travel messages through time altered some things indeed, while some things while just explained others (such as how Jax lost his arms to Ermac in outworld apparently) originally among few other things. As soon as Raiden saved Smoke from cyborg transformation I knew Sub or someone else was going to be turned lol.

To add to that, Sektor also got defeated originally by Sub-Zero and Smoke, Sektor set self destruct but was later said to have escaped and then created the Tekunin. That point Sub took command as the new Lin Kuei leader.

I'm sure more of this stuff will be explained and fleshed out in MK X.
Didn't Sektor create the Tekunin after MK4? I believe both cyborgs were still Lin Kuei during that timeline.

MKF30

Didn't Sektor create the Tekunin after MK4? I believe both cyborgs were still Lin Kuei during that timeline.
Yeah, I was just referencing the future after the events of MK 3 since he kind of disappeared for a while there during MK 4. MKG they put him in but I don't think his story was canon there because I remember him hunting Cyrax and blowing him up, Jax and Sonya in his ending(obviously didn't happen) lol. I believe they first confirmed Sektor creating his new clan the Tekunin in the gameboy advance version of MK: Deadly alliance tournament edition.