What's new

How would you feel if the new characters are better than the OG's in terms of MU's?

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
Like for instance when the game fully comes out and the new character are better than the old ones, with the MU's, frames, etc. Would that be like a WTF? I would be like :DOGE

Let's use the example within WWE, shall we?

Say you got the "golden era" wrestlers: Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair and all of sudden, these two "new generation" superstars like Seth Rollins and John Cena came along. Would it be fair for the newer guys to be on top and not the older ones? *You're answer really doesn't matter because in the end, the promoters/creators of the game, will have had that info*.

Though, I feel cassie isn't going to be a top tier, more like crap tier.

dont care I main the character I like the playstyle of and thats kung lao
never cared about tier list and characters that were better than others
lets go! for the shaolin!

Yeah it'd be awesome for the new generation of characters like Cassie/Erron Black/Takeda to be dog shit! I can't wait to go online and play nothing but Scorpions', Sub-Zeros' and Johnny Cages'!

I honestly don't care whether or not someone like Jacqui is better than Reptile or Sonya. Like someone said earlier in this thread, characters are going to be better than others, regardless of being new blood or old geezers. I'm just hoping they are at least decent enough for people to play them, I'd hate for another Cyber Sub/Skarlet situation to happen (character is too bad/too demanding to play). The mentality that the new characters should suck because they weren't in UMK3 or other classic MKs is ridiculous. Should Hisako (KI Xbone) suck SOLELY because we don't have any fond memories of playing as her when we were young, or because she's not an "og" character like Jago or Fulgore? I'm hoping these new characters are good so they don't get the Havik/Jarek/Fujin treatment where they're only invited to almost-mugen/MKT-esque games where EVERYONE EVER has to be in.

Only time will tell maybe some of the new guys will be good maybe some will be mid tier, and maybe some will be fish, time will tell. I dont care as long as the game in general has a good balance.