What's new

Guide - A-List How to utilize Johnny Cage's RCs

xSamuel

Player of All, Master of None.
I know his cancels are hard, I've been on the lab for 3 hours with A-list, doesn't make him any less OP.

I've seem a lot of JC players lately actually. He's a pain to deal with, perfect cancels or not.
My cancels are not perfect but it's very easy to bait and punish armor with A-List.

I'm having trouble getting a second run cancel in without running out of stamina on the second. I have more than half a bar on the first, and can combo 1,1,3 skrc 1,1,3 pretty consistently. I can do a regular dash as my second cancel but not a run cancel. Anyone got any tips?

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
I'm having trouble getting a second run cancel in without running out of stamina on the second. I have more than half a bar on the first, and can combo 1,1,3 skrc 1,1,3 pretty consistently. I can do a regular dash as my second cancel but not a run cancel. Anyone got any tips?
When you hit forward forward run. Hit 1 and the right trigger for run at the same time.

Its most likely the delay between you hitting run and inputting the next lot of 114 that's consuming too much stamina. This should fix your problem.

Somea2V

Thread Referee
Ok thanks I'll give it a shot. Another question is a it possible to combo from just a regular dash cancel? Or just from run cancels?
I believe it is, but only from... like one move, I think. I think F3 on hit can be dash instead of run cancelled to continue a combo.

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper
I believe it is, but only from... like one move, I think. I think F3 on hit can be dash instead of run cancelled to continue a combo.
12(1)dc combos aswell. Its a good tool post backdash for a whiffpunish. Like F3(4)dc,12(1)dc,f4 into the juggle of choice.

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
B34 can also be dash cancelled to continue combos.

You can f3(4), jp2, b34rc, jp2, f4, f24, 12, f3xxnp think its around 35% meterless.

Trying to use jump punches now in combos for the extra damage. can also jp2 after 12(1) cancels and this is the only cancel it can be done in corner.