What's new

How to Reset Your Online Record

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I very highly doubt this will ever be possible. People would be doing this all the time. You'd get people playing the system to try to keep a perfect record, and you'd get the MK "sharks" at 0/0 who pretend to be noobs, but just destroy everyone... Everything about it is just a bad idea.

D4G

Win At All Cost
Maybe try deleting your saved data or play ranked
Deleting saved data is harsh, my precious Krypt unlocks are too good to give up. It's pretty sad though that so many people result to playing this way. farming noobs and declining anyone who might be a challenge. All just to have your name at the top of a leader board comprised of ragequitters and other noob farmers like yourself. Pathetic.

As for ranked I've never Iiked it in any fighting game. I'd rather play long sets than one and done. I think the simple fix here though would be to set an option to hide your online record.

SZSR

Noob
From what i've gathered from previous years is that you need to make a new account, plain and simple.

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
I feel you. I'm like 60th in the world right now for player match with a record of like 144-8. I'm not even that good, seriously I'm probably only above average, it's just that anyone with a decent record runs away quick. This means I'm forced to wait forever as people decline over and over and then when I do play it's against new players (because they're the only people with the balls to accept) who have no chance and thus my record is probably much better than it actually should be.

It's a vicious cycle that is fueled by people who for some reason think their online record has any meaning. I made a new account yesterday and purposely lost for about an hour. Now nobody declines me lmao. I wish NRS would implement a proper ranking system :[ that's a huge issue with their online play in my opinion. That, and the lack of a decent replay system to watch others.

Last edited:

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I'm pretty sure not everyone online cares about their record, but rather they think you're an MLG pro with a flashy 200-1 record and so they don't want to play with you whilst having no chance of winning. Noobs just wanna have fu-un.

Anyone know how to do this because at the moment I'm either wasting time playing newbies or spending 20 minutes Looking for a match because anyone with even a semi decent record hits the Dodge button 99% of the time because my record indicates I might actually not be an easy win.
There is this really cool button for people that experience the unique problem that you have, it is called RANKED

DDustiNN

I feel you. I'm like 60th in the world right now for player match with a record of like 144-8. I'm not even that good, seriously I'm probably only above average, it's just that anyone with a decent record runs away faster than Quan Chi can summon his bat. This means I'm forced to wait forever as people decline over and over and then when I do play it's against new players (because they're the only people with the balls to accept) who have no chance and thus my record is probably much better than it actually should be.

It's a vicious cycle that is fueled by people who for some reason think their online record has any meaning. I made a new account yesterday and purposely lost for about an hour. Now nobody declines me lmao. I wish NRS would implement a proper ranking system :[ that's a huge issue with their online play in my opinion. That, and the lack of a decent replay system to watch others.
I can say that I'm very likely to decline a 144/8 record. It just doesn't sound like it'd be a fair fight at all, and I'd rather have fun than waste my time. I'm guessing I'm not the only one who feels that way too. My record is about 150/80, somewhere around there, and I still get quite a few declines. And I'm really not very good.

My favorite matches are when I find someone of roughly equal skill. Like last night I fought a guy for 18 straight matches, Mileena vs Mileena... It was 9-9, then I switched to Sub-Zero and won 2 more matches before he called it quits. That was really fun.

It's too bad the PS4's "Players Met" functionality is so crappy, because I would've added him had he actually shown up in the list. Instead, it was just people from hours before.

I very highly doubt this will ever be possible. People would be doing this all the time. You'd get people playing the system to try to keep a perfect record, and you'd get the MK "sharks" at 0/0 who pretend to be noobs, but just destroy everyone... Everything about it is just a bad idea.
I remember doing this in injustice when I switched to the ps4.

Yeah, I really wish NRS didn't put such an emphasis on W/L because online matters way too much to people than what it really is. I just play players match and ranked to work on certain things and that's it.

DDustiNN

Yeah, I really wish NRS didn't put such an emphasis on W/L because online matters way too much to people than what it really is. I just player players and ranked to work on
Well now they at least have the win chance percentage. I have no idea how it's calculated though...

TheIrishFGCguy

Pew pew pew
I can say that I'm very likely to decline a 144/8 record. It just doesn't sound like it'd be a fair fight at all, and I'd rather have fun than waste my time. I'm guessing I'm not the only one who feels that way too. My record is about 150/80, somewhere around there, and I still get quite a few declines. And I'm really not very good.

My favorite matches are when I find someone of roughly equal skill. Like last night I fought a guy for 18 straight matches, Mileena vs Mileena... It was 9-9, then I switched to Sub-Zero and won 2 more matches before he called it quits. That was really fun.

It's too bad the PS4's "Players Met" functionality is so crappy, because I would've added him had he actually shown up in the list. Instead, it was just people from hours before.
I understand completely. That's all I want, long, fun sets with players of equal skill. A ranking system would provide this for everyone who plays online :[

By the way, if you check your record on the online leaderboards you can see all of your recent opponents. This way you can add players through MKX instead of PS4's crappy recently met feature.

DDustiNN

I understand completely. That's all I want, long, fun sets with players of equal skill. A ranking system would provide this for everyone who plays online :[

By the way, if you check your record on the online leaderboards you can see all of your recent opponents. This way you can add players through MKX instead of PS4's crappy recently met feature.
Good to know, thanks!!

I beat a kano spammer who was 452-11. He was just a spammer who challenges newbs. Newbs that cant find the block and down button are the reason you see people with stats like that. record means nothing in mortal kombat online. There are just too many newbs - or players who have not played since the sega/nintendo/arcade era to judge a player off of his win/loss online when he can choose his match ups

Well now they at least have the win chance percentage. I have no idea how it's calculated though...
I literally haven't had a match online that wasn't 90% or better. Usually if I find a good player that has a good win/loss and about even win percentage I play him as long as possible.

This doesn't solve the issue of playing new players constantly. It just means people can't decline.
It fixes your ability to not be able to play, if you are one of the said newbs and want to wipe that 10/itsover9000 record delete all data from your console, lose all your krypt unlocks, lose your story mode data and see if that works. If you want to avoid ranked because you dont want to play newbs, you need to go to tournaments or get in with some people who play the game seriously. Reset because his stats are too good... if them losing the ability to not fight you doesnt fix the problem then the problem is non existent.