What's new

How to play with no variation

Gamer68

Fujin!
http://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/33klei/character_selection_without_variation/

"To select a character without variation: after selection a character, press Up, Up on the variation selection screen to hide your variation selection to your challenger.

When your variation selection is hidden, press Triangle/Y to select that character without a variation selected.

You just get the neutral character. You can still do the general combos and special moves. Same goes for the fatalities, "all variation" brutalities and the faction kills.
"

This is pretty cool and all, but I have to wonder why you'd ever want to do it - the 'neutral' character will be inherently weaker than all of their variations. :/

Although actually, I suppose it's a little bit like making each character their own 'Dan Hibiki' :p

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
This is pretty cool and all, but I have to wonder why you'd ever want to do it - the 'neutral' character will be inherently weaker than all of their variations. :/

Although actually, I suppose it's a little bit like making each character their own 'Dan Hibiki' :p
With Jax it's an alternative to heavy weapons.

I like the energy wave and EX energy wave more than the launcher.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I'm posting this because I am not sure if a lot of people are aware, I know I wasn't. Sorry if it is common knowledge.

To play without a variation, you have to press UP after selecting your char to make secret which variation you are choosing, and then press 2/Y/Triangle to select them without variation. Good for showing off, I suppose.