What's new

How to Make Fighting Games by Mike Z (A lot of features I hope are in MKX)

Good fucking god, the irony that he's ragging on modern fighting games for waste and he didn't do a dry run of his hour and a half long presentation nor did anyone edit down the uhms uhs and mistakes is over 9000.
Live panel brah at a tournament, ain't no one got time fo dat.

aldazo

Waiting for Havik
No, its not apples and oranges. Its oranges and oranges. Both represent good content, mired by poor delivery. This is good fucking information and MikeZ is clearly no intellectual slouch, but the fact that he didn't dry run, that his videos are poorly edited, that he seems to only have a tenuous grasp on how to operate his own laptop, and the fact that over a month later neither he nor anybody who wants to share this felt the need to edit into something concise illustrate the exact reasoning why devs continue to cut corners on games. Why bother? Its just a presentation people will watch anyway = Why bother? Its just a video game people will play anyway. Maybe he wants to keep this shit a secret, lord knows I'm not gonna finish this, and I'm more developer than half that audience.

He even makes the allegory himself by comparing his "please wait" on loading videos to the time wasted by shitty button config and parroting it throughout the presentation, so clearly he gets it, but at the end of the day, who cares, its just a panel either you watch it or you don't. If he wants people to take it serious, so should he.
K...:rolleyes:.