What's new

Guide How to Instant Cross up Boot Stomp

How broken is this?

• Total voters

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS NEED HELP IN TESTING ALL VARIATIONS
First watch this video showing how that cross up boot stomp is inescapable except with b2~trait. Superman was set to always block and ducking, and to reversal with super.
To make my life easier I made a list of abbreviations for this thread.
fbs - far boot stomp
cbs - close boot stomp
nj - neutral jump
fj - foward jump
bj - back jump
Example: nj fbs = neutral jump far boot stomp

I am sure many of you BA players have experienced a time where your boot stomp crossed up at a certain and distance and saw your opponent become haplessly confused. I have systematically analyzed many ways that guarantee a crossup, bringing a new deadly element to Black Adam's mixup game

First, I will describe the best strings that force the opponent into blocking a cross up boot stomp. These are 112~trait 113~trait, b2~trait, and b2 on hit. Anything else will not be discussed as they do not bring about enough block advantage, and thus give the opponent supple time to react and punish.

Let us start with the one that has not been discussed before in depth, b2 trait. On hit it gives a full combo punish through 22b1. On block gives atleast 10 frames of advantage. As an overhead, the opponent will be jailed standing for the duration of those 10 frames. 1 and 2 are guaranteed followups, and b1, f2, and b2 have a gap that is less than 6 frames.

On block an instant cross up boot stomp can be attempted, hitting on few of the cast midscreen and most in the corner. Problem is, far boot stomp is 17 frames so everyone can punish any attempt to cross up, and if they want to be safe they can just hold back (only midscreen) to avoid the cross up. Them holding back successfully both a b23 and cross up boot stomp, except in the corner. Most characters cannot attempt to armor, as the f3 or b3 will be facing the wrong side as the cross up boot stomp hits.

Fortunately, there exists a way to guarantee a cross up attempt on some characters. As you will notice below, there is a list of characters on which a neutral jumping 1 will hit people after b2 trait. The jumping 1 cannot be avoided on those characters, and the boot stomp after it is a true block string if done frame perfect. This means that you can force the characters into a 50/50 by switching between doing far and close boot stomp (you also just mix up between b23 and far boot stomp). Even if they guess right, you will land next to opponent at +9 if it was the meter burn version.

There are some characters that get hit by fj2, but unfortunately it won't cross up if the opponent holds back, except on Green Lantern. On Green Lanter nj1 will also whiff, so the mixup you have to do on him is between b23 and fj2 cbs.

Midscreen
Point blank b2 trait into nj1 fbs crosses up
Superman
Doomsday
Sinestro
Bane

Corner
Max range b2 trait into nj1 fbs crosses up
Wonder Woman

Point blank b2 trait into nj1 fbs crosses up
Solomon Grundy
Cyborg
Superman
Lex
Raven
Aquaman
Wonder Woman
Doomsday
Sinestro
Black Adam
Bane

Next I will reintroduce the 112 string that I talked heavily about in my "New GINORMOUS tech BA". I will shamelessly plug in and tell you to visit my thread since everything that can be said is in there. http://testyourmight.com/threads/new-ginormous-tech-ba.36820/ list below still.

Midscreen
112~trait nj1 bootstomp *characters require nj2 bootstomp
Lex
Superman
Black Adam *
Green Lantern *
Sinestro *
Doomsday
Harley Quinn
Green Arrow
Aquaman

112~trait fj2 bootstomp
Lex
Black Adam
Green Lantern
Sinestro

Corner
112~trait nj1 fbs crosses up
Cyborg
Superman
Lex ***
Raven
Ares
Green Lantern
Sinestro
Black Adam ***
Bane

***Against Black Adam and Lex you can do something really dumb. Fj2 crosses up if you delay it a bit and an instant fj2 does not. delayed fj2 into cbs is a double cross up, and instant fj2 is a fake cross up into a real one. You can avoid the fj2 unlike nj1 by ducking because it is slower though. Witness the brokeness of BA below.

Finally I will discuss 113 trait. This string has already been heavily discussed in qwark's thread "New HUGE tech BA" (http://testyourmight.com/threads/new-huge-tech-ba.36803/), but I focus only on boot stomp for my part.

On block this string is atleast +24. This string has an incredible amount of follow ups, due to it being so plus on block and that the opponent can block it standing or ducking. Not only that, you can hit the 113 string at different ranges to change how boot stomp crosses up. For simplicity's sake, I will assume 113 hits point blank, due to the fact that it was most likely done from a jump attack and that 1 has piss poor range anyway.

As always, this is all character specific and you can find a list on what works on who below. An interesting variety of options come from the opponent being able to block it crouching or standing.

If they block it standing, you can do a 100% guaranteed neutral jump instant cross up boot stomp. The opponent cannot do anything but block (whiffs on some characters and not possible to make it cross up on others). Once they see that they have to block it, you can start to mix it up with b23.

If they block it crouching, a neutral boot stomp will whiff, except on a select few. To remedy this, you merely do a back jump and boot stomp at the right time to cross them up while they are crouching. Of course, you can mix this up with b23 to force a 50/50.

Midscreen
Opponent is crouching - 113 trait nj fbs crosses up
Lex
Deathstroke
Wonder Woman
Doomsday
Green Lantern

Corner
113 trait nj fbs crosses up
Batman
Joker
Solomon Grundy (requires fj fbs)
Cyborg
Superman
Lex
Catwoman
Wonder Woman
Black Adam
Bane

Here is a video showing corner rape against batman with 113~trait. Pay attention to the direction I was blocking.

B2 on hit also provides a 50/50 mixup. Read about it in my thread here
http://testyourmight.com/threads/black-adam-reset.37504/#post-1112892

For those of you wondering if these cross ups are legit, and not just a messed up animation showing a fake cross up, I tested in a way that would make me 100% it crossed up. I set the AI in training mode to playback mode and to do every string mentioned above. I held back throughout the whole time the AI dummy was doing the strings and was not able to block the cross up boot stomp. I suggest you all test it this way, as the animation for boot stomp can be misleading and can show you landing on the other side even if it didn't cross up.

Rico Suave
smokey
AK Smarrgasm
usedcarsalesmang
Gruntypants
Error
Peckapowa
FOREVER KING
MITDJT
Perfect Legend
GGA HAN
Killin Natzees
FrothyOmen
Metzos
SonicBoomBrad
RDK|GodSpeed
Joker8417
AK Pig Of The Hut
Tom Brady
KIllaByte
zaf

Last edited:

Vocket

By tommorow I will have 112 trait done in the corner. I still need help with the dlc characters. If anyone is still out there, I hope they can atleast notice this thread.

Also shameless bump

You've put a lot of work into this, really well done.

Though I personally don't think he should be any stronger..
This is an actual game changing find, and should be getting more attention.

Vocket

Ok I finally did all 112~trait variations. I will do 113 trait midscreen crouching into bj fbs cross up (a mouthful if I ever saw one) tommorow.

I also need to test the dlc characters but don't have them. As always, if someone could help me there I would appreciate it a lot