What's new

How to Instant Air Dash, a Video on Being Fair by Sajam

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
So I get lots of questions about how I instant air dash so low, and how I manage to do it on stick so well. This is the best method I've found to instant air dash on stick, and it makes the mixup game of certain characters ridiculously strong.

The way this works is by using the recovery frames of normals/specials/dashes to sort of buffer your air dash into it. Instead of doing raw air dashes, you have the ability to hold up back during the recovery frame of your move, and start your air dash immediately after becoming airborne. The video explains it's uses a bit more in depth:

A character like Wonder Woman can make her pressure incredibly more effective once you learn how to instant air dash with this method. After her 33 or b1, which is already plus, WoWo can frame trap, do an overhead/low mixup, throw, or instant airdash into the exact same situation.

I usually never post any of my tech videos outside of the NW forum, but if you guys like this sort of thing I could. Either way, hope it helps any of you who play an airdash character.

Last edited by a moderator:

Filipino Man

Retirement my ass
This is the best btw. When I airdash and it stays in front because I did it so low lmao.

EDIT: A few of my own notes as WW. Back jump gives you a cross up airdash 100% of the time after a d12. Neutral jump can go either direction and forward jump is the lowest airdash which makes you VERY ambiguously land and front - the scary part is that you can't tell how wonder woman jumped.

Also, it's a lot easier to instant airdash after hitstun. If you hit d12, it's significantly easier to instant airdash than if the opponent blocked d12 - also after a hit d12, the instant airdash is und2able. I know that's an ugly word, but your opponent has to block the instant airdash if a d12 hits. (or any attack for that matter, I just like using d12 as an example, because a lot of the time, you won't hitconfirm the tiara mb and just assume the block).

etc. etc. etc.

Last edited:

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
This is the best btw. When I airdash and it stays in front because I did it so low lmao.
Semi-related: How do you usually set up WW's Instant-air DG input wise. I want to be more consistent with it since it's got such great range/mobility but is unsafe as hell unless it's suuuuuper low/early in her jump arc.

Filipino Man

Retirement my ass
Semi-related: How do you usually set up WW's Instant-air DG input wise. I want to be more consistent with it since it's got such great range/mobility but is unsafe as hell unless it's suuuuuper low/early in her jump arc.
I made an edit on the second post. I think these low airdashes are what separate my playstyle from other WoWo's, IMO. I'm not saying I'm better, but this is like the heart of my mixup.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
You can also use down to buffer all IA. Such as (down) up--then whatever (iadash, demigoddess, iazb ect..)

How else would I get such phenomenal instant air fireballs!

Filipino Man

Retirement my ass
You can also use down to buffer all IA. Such as (down) up--then whatever (iadash, demigoddess, iazb ect..)

How else would I get such phenomenal instant air fireballs!
do you know how it feels to buffer demigoddess into a pushblock? I can't tell you how many times people have pushblocked my IA demigoddess only for me to run it back with another demigodess lmao.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Good tutorial.

I didn't go in depth with it enough when I was curious. Good stuff.
IADashes can also fuck up the blocking of certain characters when it is done in an ambiguous enough manner. I know I've basically broken the Nightwing model when I do an air dash at certain areas. He just starts freaking out. I think "wide" stances would get screwed hard by this.

Sajam

Nightwing In Retirement
Good tutorial.

I didn't go in depth with it enough when I was curious. Good stuff.
IADashes can also fuck up the blocking of certain characters when it is done in an ambiguous enough manner. I know I've basically broken the Nightwing model when I do an air dash at certain areas. He just starts freaking out. I think "wide" stances would get screwed hard by this.
Yup, NW is very buggy against air dash characters. Makes visually blocking mixups really hard in a lot of situations. Unless you are sure where the air dasher is gonna land it becomes a 50/50

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
i don't think anyone that can air dash has a 2 hit type jump attack.......
My very first guess is that you can OS a MB f3/b3? Testing would be required and this is only a suggestion.
Sounds legit. I'll have to play with that. Air dashes really mess me up. I usually just dash forward as I see them air dash just so they air dash past me and I'm far enough away to not get hit by their air normal. mb b3/f3, assuming it works, would get them to not want to air dash at all.

4x4lo8o

Noob
How do people get really low instant air dashes on a hitbox?

Stuff like iademigodess and iafireballs I can do really well, but air dashes have always seemed hard to get really low. I dunno about stick, but they're definitely easier to do on pad than on hitbox