What's new

Video/Tutorial How to improve your Anti Airs in Mortal Kombat XL

Folux182

Noob
EX rock punch~up is unsurprisingly the most consistent option but I find standing 2 and f1 to be good anti airs. F1 gets that range ahead of you and standing 2 seems to have a higher hit box for crossups and closer jump ins. I'll do like f1~rockpunch and 21, f121~rockpunch. His uppercut isn't spectacular but if you anti air with it you can OTG. At range b2 and perhaps even f4 can do work.
This was fantastic. I completely agree with all of these anti airs and use a combination of all of them. F4 in the corner is nasty with a massive hit box that can be comboed off of. Even though the EX Up Punch requires meter, I'm glad that it's reliable. I also love that the uppercut gives you an OTG. It makes it so much scarier. Good stuff dude @Marinjuana

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I play Jason where EVERY SINGLE STRING, SPECIAL AND NORMAL ANTI AIRS. B1? Anti air. B3? Anti air. B2? Anti air. Choke? Anti air! EX Choke? Still does it. S1? Can do it. NJP? Jason's NJP is actually way better than people give credit for, in slasher AND unstoppable/relentless. Anti-Air throw? Well that one is obvious. MY X-RAY ANTI AIRS. Better not be jumping on Jason boy.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
F1 will aa almost everything, it should always be ur go to anti air
A bit off topic, but maybe u have suggestions on how to improve my ex-punch run cancels to be more consistant? I mean I often fuck up after the strings when I try to do Ex Punch cancel but I instead i get Ex BF2 crystal ball.
Pisses me off when I fail to jail them after F121 in to Ex Punch run cancel. I use DualShock 4

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
I play Jason where EVERY SINGLE STRING, SPECIAL AND NORMAL ANTI AIRS. B1? Anti air. B3? Anti air. B2? Anti air. Choke? Anti air! EX Choke? Still does it. S1? Can do it. NJP? Jason's NJP is actually way better than people give credit for, in slasher AND unstoppable/relentless. Anti-Air throw? Well that one is obvious. MY X-RAY ANTI AIRS. Better not be jumping on Jason boy.
really? im playing the wrong Jasons then lol i always get free jump ins. now im scared lol

InFlames

dead
A bit off topic, but maybe u have suggestions on how to improve my ex-punch run cancels to be more consistant? I mean I often fuck up after the strings when I try to do Ex Punch cancel but I instead i get Ex BF2 crystal ball.
Pisses me off when I fail to jail them after F121 in to Ex Punch run cancel. I use DualShock 4
I used to have the same problem, just slow down your inputs. instead of doing exdb2ff in one motion add a slight pause after the 2 until you see his arm go up.

If you do the inputs really fast you will sometimes get exdbf2f on accident.