What's new

Strategy - Flame Fists How to Handle Flame Fists

Ex Fireball is a HIGH, and is slightly plus on block.
Yup, even though it says "mid" i'm pretty certain that it is high. If it were mid, the magical things we could do ;)

I feel like it would be OP if it were mid, full screen frame trap for like a bajillion dmg.

Noob
Is it fair to say that i only talked trash because i played with Dick? Huehehehe get it? No?

The irony :DOGE
I dont get the Nightwing joke and i was pretty active back in the day in the NW forums, maybe it just went over my head lol

Anyway, i forsee ppl going nuts over the new Liu stuff even more than this when EVO comes and ppl really understand how good this stuff is... just when i thought NRS was doing good... i guess they had to put me in my place hm!?

E

Eldriken

Except the massive amount of chip and the ridiculous amount of meter he builds on block...

Honestly, playing Jacqui I feel like a can't do anything against Liu. It feels really bad :/
Jacqui can't do anything against Liu. At all. He does everything better than she does. =(

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Except the massive amount of chip and the ridiculous amount of meter he builds on block...

Honestly, playing Jacqui I feel like a can't do anything against Liu. It feels really bad :/
What I mean is, once you block the Windmill punch, most of the damage has been done. Don't panic and try and force a punish that's only going to make you lose more health. Just relax and block it until you have a solid read. Hell, by just blocking you may get a punish anyway if they parry or low fireball. As far as with Jacquie, the match up does seem pretty fucked up, I agree with you there. That's just unfortunate with how the characters tools line up. Maybe if she does get some buffs it'll help? Idk.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
What I mean is, once you block the Windmill punch, most of the damage has been done. Don't panic and try and force a punish that's only going to make you lose more health. Just relax and block it until you have a solid read. Hell, by just blocking you may get a punish anyway if they parry or low fireball. As far as with Jacquie, the match up does seem pretty fucked up, I agree with you there. That's just unfortunate with how the characters tools line up. Maybe if she does get some buffs it'll help? Idk.
"Just block" and eat 30%+ of chip isn't really viable especially when you won't even get a punish after that or your attempt to blow it up with armour is punished because your fastest move is a 7 frames high and all your armoured moves are -1727182 on block.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
"Just block" and eat 30%+ of chip isn't really viable especially when you won't even get a punish after that or your attempt to blow it up with armour is punished because your fastest move is a 7 frames high and all your armoured moves are -1727182 on block.
Alright if when you block windmill punch you want to try and go for the punish just to try to avoid the last 3 percent from a dragons roar that's fine. Just know you're going to get ex fireball to the face (you'll armor through it but take the 15 percent damage, which combined with the chip damage already done is pretty substantial) or get parried or whatever. My point is essentially that although it's a bad situation, your safest option is to just block. And once again I understand Jacqui has it rough but that's a problem with her design imo, not Liu's.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Alright if when you block windmill punch you want to try and go for the punish just to try to avoid the last 3 percent from a dragons roar that's fine. Just know you're going to get ex fireball to the face (you'll armor through it but take the 15 percent damage, which combined with the chip damage already done is pretty substantial) or get parried or whatever. My point is essentially that although it's a bad situation, your safest option is to just block. And once again I understand Jacqui has it rough but that's a problem with her design imo, not Liu's.
But the thing is I don't get a reward for blocking because dragon's roar is safe!

Best I get is 1~bf4 which is hella risky but blows up dragon roar which does a whopping 14%... after all the chip I took. Or I can go for 1212~df2 do my 6% chip and oh look it's your turn again! I don't get a chance to open you up.

This is more of a comment on Jacqui than it is on Liu. "Just block" is not a viable strategy when you take ridiculous chip continuously in exchange for nothing.

if nrs not nerfing this character along with tanya mkx is literally destroyed, the recovery of a buff that strong is unheard of, hopefully its a coding error and not just them being derp

i did a thread on lius true block strings yesterday in liu forum. and you cant backdash f44 sf . b12 will hit them backdashing out is the same as his other strings also 111 44 etc

RM_Gamer

Noob
ive mentioned this in other forums but some characters can interrupt the last hit of his ex windmill punch. For instance, if kl blocks low he won't be able to punish, but if he blocks high the second last hit of ex windmill punch whiffs which creates a gap. Against kit and shinnok it jails, but other characters like kano and sub can punish it easy. It happens if the second last hit whiffs, i hope nrs can fix the hitbox of windmill punch soon. otherwise what's the point of buffing that special if it's useless on most of the cast

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
What if they nerfed meter building on block. I think that could be the least damaging (to LK and others like him) way to handle safe chip damage. Sure you spend a bar but you can easily build it back by doing this. Nerf the meter building where you only build like 30-50% so now more game can actually be played.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
i did a thread on lius true block strings yesterday in liu forum. and you cant backdash f44 sf . b12 will hit them backdashing out is the same as his other strings also 111 44 etc
It depends what character your testing it on, for characters with DooDoo backdash like Liu and Kenshi they get hit, but someone like Kano will just peace the fuck out of there.

davidovitch

In Europe!
I say it is about time Lui Kang takes a higher spot on the tier lists then Kung Lao for a change and I hope that's how it will end up for MKX.

It depends what character your testing it on, for characters with DooDoo backdash like Liu and Kenshi they get hit, but someone like Kano will just peace the fuck out of there.
dam gud point i was testing on kl didnt think of that. do you know if theres a list of best to worst backdashes? , quite important for us liu kangs to know

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
Will it beat out top tier backdashes (Kano, Kotal, Quan?)

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
dam gud point i was testing on kl didnt think of that. do you know if theres a list of best to worst backdashes? , quite important for us liu kangs to know
It's not too bad, considering people backdashing out won't be able to punish the move. Still, helps to know.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
Quan definitely can't backdash out, but Kano and Kotal sure can. In those situations, I would try and make the hard read by doing f44 xx shaolin flame into immediate windmill punch. If they armor or try to poke, they will lose and get a bit of damage plus the guaranteed chip afterwards (Kano's Upball does win if you armor through the initial shaolin flame xx windmill punch); if they backdash, the windmill punches are guaranteed on the last three hits, which means they can't poke, armor, or jump in any direction after the backdash they just have to block (or do another backdash). At that point you can play the guessing game of post blocked Windmill Punch. It's not ideal certainly, but it's a nice option.