What's new

How To Fix MK11: Breakaway

E

Eldriken

I don't see how this is hard but considering your IQ Rude it doesn't surprise me this evades you.

Jab and crouch normal anti airs literally delete jumping from the game.

Other characters just have to hold the shit.

There needs to be a crunching of this into the middle ground. Reliable anti airs that require half read/half reaction.
You're calling someone's IQ into question over something related to gaming? Did he fucking strike a nerve or something? Keep that shit out of here, Chernyy.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
You're calling someone's IQ into something related to gaming? Did he fucking strike a nerve or something? Keep that shit out of here, Chernyy.
No, no, Eldriken. I'm not angry. He's like a dog with bowel dysfunction. He can't stop shitting in the bed, but it really isn't his fault. He can't help himself.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
You are getting mixed up for comboing somebody. How anyone can see this as anything different is really beyond me.
I've always just thought of it as instead of getting a guaranteed 30%-40% damage, instead you wind up with 15%-20% damage a chance to apply pressure on wakeup, in addition to the opponent being without some defensive options for a period of time. I wouldn't call it a punishment, just less of a reward than you were anticipating. If you're worried about the opponent breaking and then punishing you while you go for a longer combo attempt, that's just another read or decision to make.

In general I feel like MK11 is a game built more towards continuous reads than guaranteed rewards. I think that can make for an interesting game, and I think the Breakaway system fits in just fine. Overall you're still rewarded for playing solid fundamentals, but you're also rewarded for making a hard read.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
I've always just thought of it as instead of getting a guaranteed 30%-40% damage, instead you wind up with 15%-20% damage a chance to apply pressure on wakeup, in addition to the opponent being without some defensive options for a period of time. I wouldn't call it a punishment, just less of a reward than you were anticipating. If you're worried about the opponent breaking and then punishing you while you go for a longer combo attempt, that's just another read or decision to make.

In general I feel like MK11 is a game built more towards continuous reads than guaranteed rewards. I think that can make for an interesting game, and I think the Breakaway system fits in just fine. Overall you're still rewarded for playing solid fundamentals, but you're also rewarded for making a hard read.
110% true.