What's new

Guide How to Fight Lobo

Captain Oxygen

The end of one combo is the beginning of another
his standing 3 is godlike how come nobody uses it?
Standing 3 has a lot of recovery on whiff, a lot of character can easily whiff punish it.
It's good if I predict movement or a move from the opponent, but as a footsie tool to throw out it's terrible. A lot of character can even jump and punish it if it whiffs. It's even outranged by characters better footsie tools like GL's B1, Supermans F2, etc

SkaGoogle

Tailgates & Tan-lines !
don't play superman, he isn't fun and you'll find yourself bored after awhile. stick with lobo or play luthor (most fun character in the game from my opinion).

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
A couple of things:

You can't "react" to a 19 frame move. Even if it is a command throw, 19 frames is simply too fast.

As Arma broke down, the post-knockdown game is heavily in Lobo's favor.

Sure, Batman could backdash. Lobo can make that read though, and go for a hook charge or a low hook which puts Batman in the same god damn situation again.

We can slide and either A) Eat a full combo if blocked or B) be at -10, where we almost HAVE to block whatever you choose to wake up with, which in and of itself can be a guess.

Or we can block and make a guess. Backdashing only eliminates one option.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I like the write up and I do agree with lobos problems, but I guarantee I'll try to bring the best of lobo out for the entire injustice community. Yes he is unsafe and yes I'll probably never win against certain matchups but I know for a fact I can give one Hell of a performance.

Also, if you drop lobo for cyborg, I'll do the same. Cyborg mirror matches all day brah
Glad you're sticking with him. :)

Captain Oxygen

A couple of things:

You can't "react" to a 19 frame move. Even if it is a command throw, 19 frames is simply too fast.
I said "Reacting to the 19f command throw" in the sense that you react to it when blocking mixup strings. Obviously in neutral/pressure 19f is tough to react to, but you can definitely look out for command throw while guessing high/low in lobos mixup strings. It's easy to just push B3 when you see the grab while you guess high/low.

DarksydeDash

So yeah, when I originally picked up Lobo I wanted a character that was hard to use. And he's an interesting grappler with a lot of midrange tools. But he struggles against characters because of his unsafe mixups and mobility. Starting now I'm gonna drop Lobo and pickup Superman.
As much as another Superman player makes me happy, I feel like you shouldn't "drop" Lobo. You've put a lot of time into him and it would be a shame for that to be for nothing. Maybe just use Supes as a secondary for bad matchups?

Captain Oxygen

I mean it's not like I'm gonna just stop playing Lobo all together, I play a lot of characters in casuals, and I'll still play Lobo every now and then. I just want to focus on Superman.

DarksydeDash

I mean it's not like I'm gonna just stop playing Lobo all together, I play a lot of characters in casuals, and I'll still play Lobo every now and then. I just want to focus on Superman.
Well that answers that question, you might want to put that into the OP though. Also, out of curiosity, out of all characters what made you decide to pick up the man of steel?

Captain Oxygen

Well that answers that question, you might want to put that into the OP though. Also, out of curiosity, out of all characters what made you decide to pick up the man of steel?
People seem to think I just like crazy rushdown grapplers.
I enjoy playing all styles of fighting games characters, and I really like Supermans pressure system. The way Superman doesn't open people up by guessing right on a 50/50, but by pressuring the opponent into making a mistake. The way your supposed to control a match and have the opponent play your game with superman.

DarksydeDash

People seem to think I just like crazy rushdown grapplers.
I enjoy playing all styles of fighting games characters, and I really like Supermans pressure system. The way Superman doesn't open people up by guessing right on a 50/50, but by pressuring the opponent into making a mistake. The way your supposed to control a match and have the opponent play your game with superman.
Well I wish you luck, its not easy pressuring your opponent with him now (unless you get them into the corner.)

Yoaks

A spaceman
I've upplayed and downplayed this character to Hell and back. My mu chart is about as bipolar as a @BiPolarExxpress . Everything you said in the op i agree on (except switching to Superman ) . I constantly get told his pressure is godlike but thats really only when he has meter like you said and people just don't know how to deal with it or punish any of his stuff.
I keep hearing how this character is "Broken." "Top 10." To the point were I started to believe it. But the fact is that he is a bill in the sense of being an Upper mid-tier to Top tier character. If people think he's this "Super good" character; they should pick him up and show us how broken he is.

I'm still gonna play this character until the end of time cause he's just fun af.

I'm kinda emo your switching to Supes.

Maybe Cage Redfield was right all along.:DOGE