What's new

Video/Tutorial How to Fight Doomsday - Video

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Still no idea why people think hes top. Hawkgirl has more legitimate tools and damage than him. . .
His EX shoulder charges are plus on block and he has that unblockable aerial attack which everyone thinks is annoying. But yeah I know what you mean

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Someone beat the fuck out of me online in the corner with Doomday. Kept doing that overhead into low smash, I didn't know what was going on and couldn't even do wakeup attacks to get out of it lol. He did it like 7 times in a row

tataki

Noob
They really gave him a move that forces you to switch from standing guard to crouching guard in a tiny frame window? Jeez... It's like the character was made for the sole purpose of scrubbing it out in laggy online.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
They really gave him a move that forces you to switch from standing guard to crouching guard in a tiny frame window? Jeez... It's like the character was made for the sole purpose of scrubbing it out in laggy online.
My thoughts exactly. This character is probably the best character online in lag. Stomp is basically unblockable, Head dive is basically unavoidable, shoulder charge is basically safe, etc.

Doomsday Top 5 online!?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Someone beat the fuck out of me online in the corner with Doomday. Kept doing that overhead into low smash, I didn't know what was going on and couldn't even do wakeup attacks to get out of it lol. He did it like 7 times in a row
Yeah this is the thing that's tricky for me.. Waking up in the corner. I know part of it is that I'm still adjusting to the wake-up timing in Injustice, which is a bit different than MK. But a lot of times it seems like wakeups and wakeup backdashes don't come out and you end up eating another d1~earth shake or full combo.

Maybe I'm trying to wake up too early out of an untechable knockdown? But if you do it later, it fails anyway and you just eat the next attack.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
His EX shoulder charges are plus on block and he has that unblockable aerial attack which everyone thinks is annoying. But yeah I know what you mean
Not unlockable, but it's hard to tell if it will be a crossup or not, but if it is you have to block in the other direction obviously. Seems unlockable though, lol.

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Yeah this is the thing that's tricky for me.. Waking up in the corner. I know part of it is that I'm still adjusting to the wake-up timing in Injustice, which is a bit different than MK. But a lot of times it seems like wakeups and wakeup backdashes don't come out and you end up eating another d1~earth shake or full combo.

Maybe I'm trying to wake up too early out of an untechable knockdown? But if you do it later, it fails anyway and you just eat the next attack.

This this this. I have absolutely no idea what to do when I'm knocked down. Wakeups either don't work or I am completely misunderstanding something really important.

AssassiN

Noob
I'm just guessing at this point, but can't your backdash be read into a charge?
Both for his blockstring and his jump-in?

I believe his stomp is also a viable option against backdashes.

Mosp

Noob
I'm just guessing at this point, but can't your backdash be read into a charge?
Both for his blockstring and his jump-in?

I believe his stomp is also a viable option against backdashes.
So you're saying he's gonna do jip charge and cancel his strings with charge? If he doesn't have meter than he just doomed himself....see what I did there

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
@EGP Wonder Chef Quick question on the meteor smash move. As Black Adam if I dashed out of it's way, could I dash back ing and still have time to punish? Just curious because the range on my normals are good but not great and I want to go for a guarenteed punish.