What's new

Video/Tutorial - Aftershock How to easily confirm off of EX BF2 and ex and regular BF4 fullscreen and more.

Cooljaxx

Mkx is the name , Mix is the game
As many of you know in our small little old aftershock community, tremor has the capability of being one of the best zoners. With his many Zoning tools including IAQ and Griund dd1, Db1, bf4 , and bf2. Tremor also has many capabilities by combing some of his zoning methods. Much of this may be known but I want to symplify it down. Enjoy!

How to EASILY confirm off ex and regular bf4 and ex bf2 from fullscreen:
As it seems instant air quakes can be very hard. Especially for new players welcome to the tremor community. Now. In order to confirm from full screen you don't necessarily need an instant air quake. Here's how:

In order to easily confirmed from fullscreen, you can jump back and foward and if you see the opponent is respecting or trying to jump, delay the dd1. If the opponent is jumping, quake anti airs them, if they are hit, it confirms for an Unbreakable damage of:
(EX) BF2 into dd1: 17%
(EX) BF4 into dd1: 17%
BF4 into dd1 : 14%
Pure dd1 AA: 5%
And if the opponent does respect the options above they jail into instant air dd1. If it isn't instant air it probably won't jail depending on the move but the opponent will still have to respect. This is where the mind games come in.
(BTW EX and Regular BF2 Jails into a non instant dd1, the same with EX bf4)
With tremors DD4, you can pressure the opponent into jumping full screen, but since tremor has total air control thanks to instant air dd1 UDB1 and UDB2 , you can mix things up.

Full screen , EX BF2 and EX bf4 Jail into an OTG, and after that move connects in block full screen you can go for an OTG or a IAQ. If they guess the IAQ they have to hold it. If they guess the OTG all they can do is jump. You can also pressure the opponent into thinking an OTG is coming, and do a IAQ, anti airing the opponent and keeping him full screen.

Now, say if yiur opponent try's to run fullscreen and jump at you. This is where your anti air options come into play. The best anti airs for tremor while zoning are:
B2, DB1,(EX)DB2,f1, and (EX) DB1.
These will anti air most jump ins on read. Just use the option that comes to hand quickest .
Also, fullscreen most of his projectiles leave you plus thanks to his massive amount of active frames. On hit and on block.
Tremors players Unite BREH
@OmGxBdON @dennycascade @Braindead @Vigilante24
@DanableLector @MasterBelmont Add your thoughts and tremor zoning tech!

OmGxBdON

I'm going to make Fate top ten
Any forward jump from full screen is an easy AA with f4 for tremor. If your playing a character who doesn't have any easy way to get in on tremor like kotal Kahn for example you can abuse rolling stone and just bait jumps. DD1 ground after any f4 too.

Really in any MU a big part of AS tremors game play is checking the shit out of people with air quake. A good player is just gonna scout for air quakes and just punish them. Making the read that they are going to try to meet you in there air is how u get a lot of your damage as well. That is the number one thing when playing aftershock tremor. You have to know when to air quake and when to jump punch when you leave the ground.

OmGxBdON

It makes sense people think Aftershock is bad because if you can't consistently get low to the ground or at a decent height close to the ground it's gonna be a rough time even for his easier MUs. Which is why it's a lot easier to just play crystalline.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Any forward jump from full screen is an easy AA with f4 for tremor. If your playing a character who doesn't have any easy way to get in on tremor like kotal Kahn for example you can abuse rolling stone and just bait jumps. DD1 ground after any f4 too.

Really in any MU a big part of AS tremors game play is checking the shit out of people with air quake. A good player is just gonna scout for air quakes and just punish them. Making the read that they are going to try to meet you in there air is how u get a lot of your damage as well. That is the number one thing when playing aftershock tremor. You have to know when to air quake and when to jump punch when you leave the ground.
thats exactly it, to a tee

f4 is an important tool and useful in the neutral as well even if it is unsafe u just gotta be careful with it

cant overuse quakes cause its just free advance, gotta mix it up

gotta make em jump into f1's and try to low profile or space you when you ex-iaQ, pressure as good as you can inbetween it

then control space with all the different buttons

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
As long time Aftershock main, I still struggle with IAQ. Do you guys have suggestion on how to make it work on DualShock 4? The only "controller option" I left 'ON' is shortcut - where special moves require less directional precision. Been playing like this since day 1.

Also @Cooljaxx , @God Confirm you guys are on Steam per chance?

God Confirm

As long time Aftershock main, I still struggle with IAQ. Do you guys have suggestion on how to make it work on DualShock 4? The only "controller option" I left 'ON' is shortcut - where special moves require less directional precision. Been playing like this since day 1.

i dont use the DS4 and for good reason its abymsal, so honestly my suggestion would be play a different character or buy a stick, not in an elitist way but u just gotta have a viable way of doing this at the drop of a hat imo the variation is worthless with out it, and isn't exactly top tier even with it. if u committed to aftershock i definitely would

i wouldnt look forward to it. it took me a ridiculous amount of time to learn tremor iaqs. probly like 50 hours of reps or whatever. at some points i thought i'd NEVER get it consistent. and i'm still not flawless (pretty close tho). I wish i could trade my XP to you because im done with this character unless something really interesting comes up (keep tagging me in threads tho @Cooljaxx because i still get my eye on him and maybe ill change my mind - just feeling done with him)

and yeh i have steam but im not in ur country man

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
i dont use the DS4 and for good reason its abymsal, so honestly my suggestion would be play a different character or buy a stick, not in an elitist way but u just gotta have a viable way of doing this at the drop of a hat imo the variation is worthless with out it
Haha well thanks I guess. I will stick with DS4 tho - I like it a lot and I never had experience with Stick. As for AF - my Aftershock is still solid as hell even without IAQ (even tho it's hella good tool), it's just that Im leaning towards Crystalline more and more so I guess I can live without IAQ.

and yeh i have steam but im not in ur country man
What's the problem with the country? I mean I have tons of people from different countries lol. And with GGPO from Beta code I can play even USA guys with no problem. Or you don't plan to play MKXL PC once it drops in October 4th?

God Confirm

Haha well thanks I guess. I will stick with DS4 tho - I like it a lot and I never had experience with Stick. As for AF - my Aftershock is still solid as hell even without IAQ (even tho it's hella good tool), it's just that Im leaning towards Crystalline more and more so I guess I can live without IAQ.

What's the problem with the country? I mean I have tons of people from different countries lol. And with GGPO from Beta code I can play even USA guys with no problem. Or you don't plan to play MKXL PC once it drops in October 4th?
i definitely do plan on playing once it gets that PC release, sent u a friend req on steam matey

Cooljaxx

Mkx is the name , Mix is the game
About the steam thing... I thought it said Stream when I made my account... not steam

OmGxBdON

U don't have to be able to do iAQ just low enough to the ground and consistently. Honestly if you can't do that there is no reason to play AS what so ever

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
U don't have to be able to do iAQ just low enough to the ground and consistently.
That's the most you can do with controller... So yeah, that much I can do with it.

"no reason to play AS what so ever" - not really.

OmGxBdON

That's the most you can do with controller... So yeah, that much I can do with it.

"no reason to play AS what so ever" - not really.
I mean I use a controller and if I'm on a good day and warmed up I'll be doing some IaQ's. It's really just repetitive bullshit practice that is annoying as hell and Paulo please change inputs please.

Yeah there really is no point because your zoning is going to be lacking and u won't be able to punish or catch moves with it too. Crystalline just does better if you can't do it. I watched a good crystalline player do really well with the variation. When he switched over to AS he could barely get to half the screen with the air quake and it was just so bad honestly. He got mopped up.

Tap Up on the Analog stick with one thumb, input DD on the D Pad with the other.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Yeah there really is no point because your zoning is going to be lacking and u won't be able to punish or catch moves with it too.
It's still viable against many MU that consist opponents that can zone and especially those who can't zone you out, im not even talking a bout Grand Master MU.
Instant DD1 are godlike for zoning, but i have been doing very well without it aswell - as mentioned above, it's just too hard on DualShock 4. But I will try @RM xRagnarökx method.

OmGxBdON

It's still viable against many MU that consist opponents that can zone and especially those who can't zone you out, im not even talking a bout Grand Master MU.
Instant DD1 are godlike for zoning, but i have been doing very well without it aswell - as mentioned above, it's just too hard on DualShock 4. But I will try @RM xRagnarökx method.
Yeah u can play a basic game with just being able to do air quakes but at a high level it's useless and very easy for people to punish and get in on u. And no if your playing a good sub zero and you can't have consistent low to the ground air quakes the MU is still 6:4 sub zeros favor or 5:5 but still in subs favor. If you can iaQ sure the MU would probably be like 7:3 but there is no one in the entire game who can do it that consistent.

If I was sub par with doing air quakes I honestly would just play crystalline and forget about playing AS cuz crystalline excels in MUs that are similar to AS it's just that they tackle MUs in a different way. Plus it's way easier to play.

ShArp

Dedicated Broly main
Yeah u can play a basic game with just being able to do air quakes but at a high level it's useless and very easy for people to punish and get in on u.
Except you can play AS as it is in high level and still zone people out. If you jumping out like a freaking monkey for constant dd1 it's obvious that they will try to punish it. Doesn't mean you can't bait them out to start jumping on you and try AA them. DJT, RZA etc were AS mains for a while and where kicking butts without the iAQ no problem.
IAQ are insane tool, but saying that AS is useless without them, when it's not, is not quite right. You can play AS if high level utilizing all of his given tools alright, it's just not as good without iAQ.
And there are MU that just are better with AS

Last edited:

OmGxBdON

Except you can play AS as it is in high level and still zone people out. If you jumping out like a freaking monkey for constant dd1 it's obvious that they will try to punish it. Doesn't mean you can't bait them out to start jumping on you and try AA them. DJT, RZA etc were AS mains for a while and where kicking butts without the iAQ no problem.
IAQ are insane tool, but saying that AS is useless without them, when it's not, is not quite right. You can play AS if high level utilizing all of his given tools alright, it's just not as good without iAQ.
And there are MU that just are better with AS
Of course ure not gonna be doing it 24/7 but it's gonna be a main tool and your going to be baiting out people who try to punish it. Yeah before tremor got nerfed, your right DJT did well with tremor. Now that tremor isn't as autopilot as before you actually have to use AS the way he was intended.

YUZU_RZA

Aftershock | Crystalline | Metallic
Yes I play the 3 variation, mostly Aftershock. I really want to put mettalic in another level but I need something more with the char but idk what ..