What's new

Question How to deal with turtling opponents?

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
I fail to see your point as it sounds like you're looking for something to put you + on block. Whereas I was talking about using - on block to make your opponent over confident thus you bait them into making mistakes. Why don't you cry and get NRS to patch it?
F222 is 0 on block. F2233 is slightly negative. After either is blocked your opponent is going to probably try and hit you with something. When you are 0 if you go for a d1 it will probably beat whatever the opponent goes for. When you are - your opponent will probably beat your d1 or whatever else you try to do. In case you didn't notice I am actually not complaining about buffing or nerfing Raven. I actually think she's fine how she is. Also you were basically saying you use f2233 to open people up. F222 is better than f2233.

TaffyMeat

Infinite Meter Kombos
F222 is 0 on block. F2233 is slightly negative. After either is blocked your opponent is going to probably try and hit you with something. When you are 0 if you go for a d1 it will probably beat whatever the opponent goes for. When you are - your opponent will probably beat your d1 or whatever else you try to do. In case you didn't notice I am actually not complaining about buffing or nerfing Raven. I actually think she's fine how she is. Also you were basically saying you use f2233 to open people up. F222 is better than f2233.
Thank You

I find using f2233 once or twice can get the opponent standing more loosely.It's safe just - on block. People don't normally look for mix ups from Raven so training them how to block isn't too difficult so u can get a unexpected b12 when u see them standing .

But she can also get a hit in using her frame traps hardknockdown pressure and cross up and soul crush reaction combos.

Blind_Ducky

Princess of the Sisterhood
H
I find using f2233 once or twice can get the opponent standing more loosely.It's safe just - on block. People don't normally look for mix ups from Raven so training them how to block isn't too difficult so u can get a unexpected b12 when u see them standing .

But she can also get a hit in using her frame traps hardknockdown pressure and cross up and soul crush reaction combos.

The problem with that is you can't train them to stand block. All they have to do is low block and stand when they see f2 or f3.

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
Pray you get the first hit. If not then walking them to the corning is the usual way to beat hardcore turtlers. When someone is turtling they can only focus their reactions on certains aspects, and you being raven they would probably concentrate on force grab, jump and teleport.

This is your cue to do crazy things like dash and grab or random lifts and such if you do not be patient. Or you could just get them stuck in the corner, chip them with grap, and make them chase you now.

Arkane Slim

I did a lot but I never hated...
Depending on how significant this life lead is, I like to move forward on a turtle-ing Aquaman but stay just outside of the 1/4 range. Hopefully by then you bait him to do that Trident underground thing. stand block it then immediately soul crush punish. The key is to walk forward and let your opponents subtlety know that you are not afraid to move in with a zoning character. But moving in doesn't mean go toe to toe! Every now and then, when you get close enough try to sneak in a JI2 as it has long range and easy to get into our beloved f222 pressure. Then back out after the string but stay within the 1/4 range. I would not throw out a soul crush to check him but fake a footsie game with him by walking back and forth remembering you are only trying to bait him. Aquaman mains like to check you with their underground trident move so be ready for it. Aquaman/Raven matches ask of a lot of patience (for the Raven player). Try to surprise your opponent with new strings.

I don't particularly like to go in Demon Stance, not even for pillar chip because I always feel like I can get blown up. However, once in a match I may do a YOLO Jump back air teleport. and that's if he's playing turtle AND I have the life lead because they least expect a zoner to go rush down mode. My point here is don't be predictable with Raven. Because that builds there confidence until the point you feel forced to Rush-down.... And consequently get blown up. I hope my 0.02 helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free