What's new

Question How to deal with people who let go of block at the end of 212 ice clone in the corner?

My buddy keeps letting go of block at the end of the 212 string so my ice clone doesn't come out at all and I have no containment whatsoever. Any suggestions on how to deal with this?

DragonPick

I don't play Runescape
Does he always let go of block no matter what? If so, stop trying to contain him and start doing damage instead with iceball or something. Condition him back into blocking it. Or, a much safer option, end the combo partway and D4, Ice clone or throw. I think most would probably say do Clone though

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
this reminds me of those matches i get where people don't seem to be aware of the block button, but i assume there gonna block my string...only to eat uppercuts...lol

Seapeople

This one's for you
It depends on what the other person is doing when they let go of block. If they try to jump you can 21, 22. If they try to interrupt the string there's lots of ways to counter it...you can 21 and block against armored moves, d4 against parries, throw Raiden out of his teleport, etc.

Another option you can use is 214 (without the clone). It's -9 with pushback, basically unpunishable by the entire cast. If your opponent lets go of block after 21, you'll be able to put out a clone & keep him contained.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
no.. this is something people do to get the clone to shatter.

if you space the 2,1,2 a little better.... the clone still comes out... and it will freeze him.
If he keeps doing it... just stop short and do a free combo.... or don't clone .... i catch people just sitting there (even though 2,1,2 is heavily negative).

Seapeople

This one's for you
Teleport can't be thrown after 21, only if you read it and even then you should punish the bastard
Raiden can be thrown out of his teleport. Somberness has it confirmed in Raiden's frame data thread.
"Teleport - 1 frame startup until invincible (excluding throws and certain attacks)"

He probably lets go as 2 is hitting, and it will stop the clone from coming out. H should just iceball if he knows he will let go of block
thats too risky, what he could do is 21 on block and then another 21 series and the second string might catch him. just not finsih 212 but just do 21 which is neutral and there are plenty of options too mix it up.

Why not? 21 is neutral so you're not losing any frames
because youre probably throwing raiden while he is teleporting. You cant consistently throw raiden out of a teleport because its too fast, people who do it didnt intend to do it. also these things youre discussing you should never regard these things as options unless you have actually tested this throroughly in training mode.

Seapeople

This one's for you
because youre probably throwing raiden while he is teleporting. You cant consistently throw raiden out of a teleport because its too fast, people who do it didnt intend to do it. also these things youre discussing you should never regard these things as options unless you have actually tested this throroughly in training mode.
Damn, on blast? Fair enough :p
I double check basically anything before talking about it. I just assumed this was viable since it's been confirmed by Somberness. I'll have to double check to see how inconsistent it is. But just because it might be inconsistent against Raiden's teleport doesn't mean its not an option. 21 and throw can be used against any character when you're making the right read.

HGTV DrFlash44

Quan Cheese!!!
214 ice ball is the best damage, but is risky. I'd do 21 and go back into 21/212/214 mixup again. You can also to 21 ice clone or simply 212 ice clone and your not in the worst of positions.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
guys.... seriously....

if they KEEP getting hit by the last 2.... just do 2,1 2,1.... you'll probably land the 2nd one and get a free combo. easy peezy lemon squeezy.