What's new

Strategy How To Deal With Opponents Who Cross Up

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
yeah I suppose his 2 is better. Kinda goes the same for alot of guys I suppose. But d1 still works great when you need it to. Even for subby
No, lol.

Sub's D1 is 7 frames. Has the range of like an eyelash and it's -14 on block and -6 on hit.

The only time to use it is if you escape pressure with it and try to catch someone being too eager with D1 clone.

No, lol.

Sub's D1 is 7 frames. Has the range of like an eyelash and it's -14 on block and -6 on hit.

The only time to use it is if you escape pressure with it and try to catch someone being too eager with D1 clone.
Well that would be your problem tho right? nice frame data but we are strictly talking about aaing cross ups. His d1 hits AA well enough

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Da fuq!? using up meter to combat cross ups?
Y not just d1 into combos? DOWN ONE + cross up = combos!! Combos = winning!!!!
Honestly what's so fucking hard about d1 ing the piss out of...
Oh hi online. Hello community.
D1 is one of the worse options IMO, if you have time to D1 it on reaction, you have time to dash out on reaction. The risk reward then skews into your favour rather than the opponents, D1 AA combos are usually shitty damage, compared to max JIP damage. At least when you dash out you take away their attempt and get a free blockstring or a combo.

KLs best option to stop cross ups against most characters is JK DK or spin. Both are piss easy to do anyway, and if you cross over KL and cant change your jump, you're asking to eat a combo anyway.

Dont contest KL in the air, close air games can even be difficult for a character like Kitana to deal with.

Hellion_96

xX_Hellion96_Xx
If they cross over me when i go to d3 i dash away or reverse spin sometimes if they jump a d4 i can get a spin off but i usually just simply dash or walk away then come strait in for pressure or bait them trying to jump again

Squeaker101

Show me what you can do
Liu's d1 is sh8t for cross-ups. It does lower his hitbox a bit, but it's like going from an elephant to a hippopotamus.

I find 2 works best, it has a nice hitbox, comes out at 8 frames. If you mistime it, expect 2 bars of meter or a fcp.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
dash to dash, better oki and dmg.

very nice on the d3 to give slide enough time to connect on a crossup and not whiff

also diggin the thread because ijust started developing the habit of dashing under crossups.
If they're still in the air it'll whiff.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
NJP is better than d1..... shit.... BLOCKING is better than d1. D1 will get you killed. Let me trade A)28% punish for 1) 40% combo or 2) 2 bars of my meter.
Yeah.... no.

NJP at least will get you airborne... and probably not combo'd at all. So .... 3%... or a NJP combo....

Dashing is CLEARLY the best option. Foxy and Pig have been doing it longer than anyone... and very successfully.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
ok so hopefully this d1 bs is done lol.

i didn't expect the thread to get this huge in one day lol, thanks guys <3

nice info here.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
NJP is better than d1..... shit.... BLOCKING is better than d1. D1 will get you killed. Let me trade A)28% punish for 1) 40% combo or 2) 2 bars of my meter.
Yeah.... no.

NJP at least will get you airborne... and probably not combo'd at all. So .... 3%... or a NJP combo....

Dashing is CLEARLY the best option. Foxy and Pig have been doing it longer than anyone... and very successfully.
NJP is better than SOME D1s, getting it in the habit of antiairing all crossups with scorpions D1 even online got me killed when i had a brainfart in a local tournament and tried antiairing crossups with subs dick slap

i dont recall pig doing it, mightve been because IMO if you dash under someone you might as well take the full fucking combo, as in F32/RK, etc

its easy to react to hitting someone out of a njp or jumpback kick at a high lvl, itss just that most chars cant link any shit.

Seapeople

This one's for you
see jumpin

dash under

dash back to catch them as theyve just landed

the reptile i play with offline regularly does this
Do you mean double elbow dash or just a regular dash into an elbow dash?
If you try to double elbow dash I'm almost positive they can block it unless they're pressing buttons or get the whiffed jip recovery glitch.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Do you mean double elbow dash or just a regular dash into an elbow dash?
If you try to double elbow dash I'm almost positive they can block it unless they're pressing buttons or get the whiffed jip recovery glitch.
double elbow dash

they cant block it, when you land from a jump there are recovery frames, thus being able to also punish deep jks

Seapeople

This one's for you
double elbow dash

they cant block it, when you land from a jump there are recovery frames, thus being able to also punish deep jks
I think you can instantly block after a regular jumpkick or empty jump. It can be worth going for the double elbow dash, but I've also been punished for it before.
Quote from the General frame data thread: "All air normals have recovery frames on the ground except angled jump kicks. That does not include deep jump kicks, which have a small amount."

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I think you can instantly block after a regular jumpkick or empty jump. It can be worth going for the double elbow dash, but I've also been punished for it before.
Quote from the General frame data thread: "All air normals have recovery frames on the ground except angled jump kicks. That does not include deep jump kicks, which have a small amount."
its really easy to time

deep jks having small recovery is irrelevant when its so easy to punish

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Qwark28 pig does do the dash thing but instead of strings he uses specials. Shoulder with kenshi, ball with mileena, etc. He just keeps it simple to what hits most reliably and less risky. At least im pretty sure thats why he does it.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Qwark28 pig does do the dash thing but instead of strings he uses specials. Shoulder with kenshi, ball with mileena, etc. He just keeps it simple to what hits most reliably and less risky. At least im pretty sure thats why he does it.
just saying that rising karma would be more fitting if he were to dash, from what ive seen i remember him just reverse inputting specials instead of actually dashing out

as lao I use spin, its guaranteed if you don't have a move that can control your air mobility. I dash out of crossups out of habits sometimes though standing 2 works great as well in that situation.