What's new

Guide - Full Auto How to deal with Full Auto Jacqui

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
It is balanced, you're just taking the wrong approach to the matchup. She shouldn't be hitting you with guns at all if you play it right. Neutral duck, dash in, neutral duck, dash in, and you're practically right beside her and she's built 2/17ths of a bar. Not scary at all and no need to cry for nerfs about it :p

It's not being snotty I'm just trying to explain to you that there's no need to make a post crying for nerfs where they're not needed...You can have an opinion but it's not always going to be right, if you'd approached us with something more like "I'm having trouble with Jacqui's gun and think it's overpowered/unbalanced, can you help?" rather than "it is cheap...im crying for a nerf. she gains meter too quickly....whats not cheap about this variation" then maybe we'd have listened to you and not been so aggressive rather than dismiss you as an online casual.
have your opinion and ill have mine,

i respectfully disagree with you.... my question was to anyone who would help me with it. not laugh and be rude to me about the match up.

Best way to deal with full auto is royal storm Kitana because you can reflect all the bullets back and you can even reflect the middle in time if your fast enough

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I don't get to play online as much as id like (I think I have done only a little over 100 complete matches) but I haven't even fought a Full Auto abuser yet. I fought one Jacqui player and I was prepared and waiting for a lot of the machine gun use, but it never came lol

I think in most cases it's the RAT TAT TAT sound of her rifle/gun that is rattling people and pissing them off.
Sonia can blast her energy rings just as much as Jacqui can blast her gun but no one will complain about Sonia.

Due to complaints, I figured I'd give some insight on how to deal with this character's "broken/OP" Full Auto variation.

A) You don't have to block the guns, you can simply duck. Just be wary of her enhancing it which causes her to shoot two missiles that hit as a mid.

B) Inch forward after applying A to your strategy.

C) You CAN jump over the gunfire and hit her during its animation. You just need to take your lazy ass(es) to Practice and find the sweet spot. Apply A and B accordingly to do so. I don't know if a ji1 or ji2 will work, but I know ji3/ji4 work.

D) Apply pressure after knocking Jacqui on her ass after properly applying A, B and C. Jacqui's wakeups are all bad, even when they're enhanced. They all lead to a full combo punish on block.

E) Don't jump if she's not shooting. If the player is good and has good reactions, she can hit you with an Up Rocket which can lead to a full combo punish or more pew pew pew from her hand cannon.

And there you have it! Full Auto Jacqui isn't this über broken character anymore!
I sincerely have not been beaten one time by a full auto Jacqui spammer online yet. I use Grandmaster Sub Zero, so I just EX slide under the shots as easy at it sounds.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
lol, sorry. :p
Not your fault i've never labbed Jacqui before. But I done learned today...

What else is giving you issues? I'm sure we can answer it, this is mainly coz all the complaints were about the machinegun >__>
It was the pressure mainly, like a string canceled into the up rockets. I think I might have figured out that you could neutral duck them but I wasn't punishing whiffed ones. Tbh I just have to hit the lab and test it out for myself, I just havent been able to get back on today.

E

Eldriken

I sincerely have not been beaten one time by a full auto Jacqui spammer online yet. I use Grandmaster Sub Zero, so I just EX slide under the shots as easy at it sounds.
Of course you're not gonna lose to a spammer if you slide under their gun shots. They're not good enough to bait out the slide and either block it for a punish or shoot a ground rocket and blow your slide attempt up.

Also, you're not always gonna have meter for EX slide. :|

Anything involving a newb or "spammer" is going to sound easy.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Not your fault i've never labbed Jacqui before. But I done learned today...

It was the pressure mainly, like a string canceled into the up rockets. I think I might have figured out that you could neutral duck them but I wasn't punishing whiffed ones. Tbh I just have to hit the lab and test it out for myself, I just havent been able to get back on today.
You can duck the up missile, or you can try and bait a response after the plus frames and armour through

MadeOfMetal

I think in most cases it's the RAT TAT TAT sound of her rifle/gun that is rattling people and pissing them off.
Sonia can blast her energy rings just as much as Jacqui can blast her gun but no one will complain about Sonia.
sonyas rings dont do what JB do, JB has 4 shots on each fire which will counter meter combacks even close up... but i get what your saying

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Yeah you can duck the up-rockets which otherwise leave her at +11, she also recovers crazy quick off of up-rocket so they're hard to punish even on whiff, but it doable as a anticipation punish as opposed to on reaction.

Of course you're not gonna lose to a spammer if you slide under their gun shots. They're not good enough to bait out the slide and either block it for a punish or shoot a ground rocket and blow your slide attempt up.

Also, you're not always gonna have meter for EX slide. :|

Anything involving a newb or "spammer" is going to sound easy.
I'd agree that beating out a Jacqui spammer with Sub Zero is easy, if that's what you're saying.

MadeOfMetal

i think the easiest person to beat Jacqui full auto spammer with is Ermac, tele off combo and combo into tele as well as the ability to battle from the air.

i also think Mileena has a good kit to beat Jacqui FA hand cannon SPAM, i only used (piercing ) but yeah the roll kills her as well as sky drop.

i wonder has anyone used Ethreal Mileena against Jacqui full auto? specifically has anyone tried her vanish move(DD3,BF3) i know it last the full four shots from her pewpewpewpew(hand cannon) but is it very hard to time? and does it get caught in her next blast of 4 on your attempts????

my practice mode differs greatly from my online experience!

I was watching the UK MK cup and the amount of crap Justin Xavier got for playing full auto Jacqui in the stream chat was just stupid, it didn't help that was another Jacqui who played earlier who was the usual online player. I was rooting for Justin to win as he had performed well (zoning, baits and upclose game) but unfortunately he lost later on in the tournament.

Edit: I think this thread should be renamed "How to deal with full auto Jacqui spammers" Seems to be the main reason people are here.

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
I was watching the UK MK cup and the amount of crap Justin Xavier got for playing Jacqui in the stream chat was just stupid, it didn't help that was another Jacqui who played earlier who was the usual online player. I was rooting for Justin to win as he had performed well (zoning, baits and upclose game) but unfortunately he lost later on in the tournament.

Edit: I think this thread should be renamed "How to deal with full auto Jacqui spammers" Seems to be the main reason people are here.
Lol yeah I got the same thing when I was playing on Teamkhaos' stream for our monthlies.. even the commentators were like "oh look more zoning and guns >_>"
she's not a crowd favorite thanks to online that's for sure :|

Lol yeah I got the same thing when I was playing on Teamkhaos' stream for our monthlies.. even the commentators were like "oh look more zoning and guns >_>"
she's not a crowd favorite thanks to online that's for sure :|
Even one of the site members was explaining lots of stuff to the stream but people just didn't listen. You are screwed in terms of support but keep doing your thing, hopefully you and the other Jacqui players can hopefully change peoples minds.

@Youphemism

Last edited: