What's new

Question How to deal with Cyborg

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I would assume it is an oversight.... they wouldn't want an infinite in the game. According to pig they have known about it since Feb.
Then... it sounds intended.

Well fuck Cyborg till they decide its not intended. Guy should be banned.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Then... it sounds intended.

Well fuck Cyborg till they decide its not intended. Guy should be banned.
Relax... we don't have to worry about block inf cyborg for a while, the execution required is very difficult. And it certainly was not intended, maybe there was other thing that needed to come first, based on issues like wrong frame data, etc. I am sure it will be fixed soon, maybe with batgirl.

JaredL

Relax... we don't have to worry about block inf cyborg for a while, the execution required is very difficult. And it certainly was not intended, maybe there was other thing that needed to come first, based on issues like wrong frame data, etc. I am sure it will be fixed soon, maybe with batgirl.
I don't think allowing characters any form of infinite should be allowed, no matter how difficult. If it was circumstantial, I get it, based on stage or whatever. But no, against the cast, its can't be allowed.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I don't think allowing characters any form of infinite should be allowed, no matter how difficult. If it was circumstantial, I get it, based on stage or whatever. But no, against the cast, its can't be allowed.
Marvel has tons of infinites........ and this will be patched out soon. Who are you playing that is infiniting you?

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.

No one is doing the infinite right now, you are just getting zoned hard. I challenge you to find a video of someone performing it to completion. Not saying his zoning does or does not need adjustment but saying your getting put in a infinite is false.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
5 characters it does not work on at all. 5 more characters that have escape options out and if the cyborg just spams fireball braindead they will die.

Many characters have loads of options to deal with it. Just becasue it is an 'infinite' does not mean 1. It is viable for all situations and 2.
Broken

Play the character at UFGT I guarantee you will get your back blown out all over the place if you think you can win using IANB....even if you some how manage to perfect them by then

JaredL

5 characters it does not work on at all. 5 more characters that have escape options out and if the cyborg just spams fireball braindead they will die.

Many characters have loads of options to deal with it. Just becasue it is an 'infinite' does not mean 1. It is viable for all situations and 2.
Broken

Play the character at UFGT I guarantee you will get your back blown out all over the place if you think you can win using IANB....even if you some how manage to perfect them by then
I play Black Adam mainly. Can you give me some tips?

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
I play Black Adam mainly. Can you give me some tips?
Don't spam dive kick. Time it to go between his fireballs.

You can duck and take a few % chip wait for him to shoot one too high or not at all...then Black magic for 45% or more. You just have to wait for your opportunity then blow him up

JaredL

Don't spam dive kick. Time it to go between his fireballs.

You can duck and take a few % chip wait for him to shoot one too high or not at all...then Black magic for 45% or more. You just have to wait for your opportunity then blow him up
I don't spam divekick. And his IAFB catches me when ducking, so he has no reason not to do one. And so, I doubt I can ever time it because it recovers obscenely fast. Plus, he can blow some meter up, just like I can for MB divekick to add a downward facing one and that does even more damage on divekick.

And black magic 45%? What's the combo. I mainly gave up trying to trade with him since lightning starts up real slow and can't hit him in the air, same with black magic. I tried getting in on him like you do with DS but even if he does ground FBs, they just catch you on the dash. Can't dash block.

Broken

sit and wait till they mess up is not an option to deal with it. for 19 characters that's literally all they can do once they block even one fireball. it's an infinite from 2 steps behind starting position, so by all means try and punish on reaction to a fireball that was mistimes by 1-2 frames while the next one is already on the way. shoot, i might just do that to bait punish attempts.

JaredL

Yeah I've been trying black magic but it simply doesn't trade. It does 5% and he does 6% many times.

Cyborg is simply impossible to get in on. You can't dash, you can't dive kick... you can just sit with your thumb up your ass hoping they get bored and attack you up close.

JaredL

I find it weird how if someone complains about deathstroke, you're a scrub and everyone and their grandma tells you how to get in on him, but for cyborg, its crickets and silence.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
not even, only 5 have options to deal with it. ares cant duck it, but he can tele and get full combo punished, lol. I think he's the only one of the 5 that cant duck it though. here are the other options the same 4 have:
catwoman can catdodge (i think, but then you get caught by the next one that's coming)
flash can shimmy (same problem as catwoman)
frost can slide? i think that's what curbo said
Batman can duck it... that's it
WW can braclet parry her way to him.

D

Deleted member 9158

I have only fought one cyborg and the game disconnected halfway through the first life bar. I haven't seen what everyone has been bitching about