What's new

Question How to deal with Cyborg

Owerbart

I miss you
So, I really have trouble against Cyborgs who perform flawlessly the IANBs. What would you say are Cyborg's bad matchups (if any)? So far he seems to have none.

thanks

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
Raven was never nerfed, she is a counter zoner, and she can punish Cyborg when he jumps.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
I'm not getting a lot of help. I'm trying to find out too. He builds meter really fast and he can do the meter burned air one and pop out another non meterburned one and just keep you locked down.

JaredL

Gonna bump this and hope for real answers. It seems almost impossible to get in because you can't dash block, so you have to use painfully slow walking while eating huge chip damage. You can't trade because he simply is much faster.

And when you get close he can armor up to swat you away or just use his hook and bam, full screen again.

I get that's how hes meant to be played, I'm not mad, I just don't know what to do to stop it.

Curbo's thread indicated the 6-7 characters that can get by his ia fireball. But he has a pretty good midscreen and inside game too... he's above kabal tier imo

JaredL

Curbo's thread indicated the 6-7 characters that can get by his ia fireball. But he has a pretty good midscreen and inside game too... he's above kabal tier imo
Lets not go quite above kabal tier.

He just has a game I can't figure out how to beat. That's not Kabal talking, that's me being crap.

JaredL

Hack ps3, use smoke
Well Batgirl looks smokey so she could work but, in the existing roster, what are some strategies to deal with it? People were told how to deal with Deathstroke, and for the most part, its pretty damn effective at getting in. Where is the guide for Cyborg?

Lets not go quite above kabal tier.

He just has a game I can't figure out how to beat. That's not Kabal talking, that's me being crap.
well he frame traps 2/3 of the cast with IAFireball, has better mobility than kabal (with his grapple escapes which he can use an ex fireball after and be safe into more fireballs) more damage on combos, kabal may have slightly better footsies and better pressure, but cyborg has way better setups. Maybe he's not above kabal tier, but he clearly bodies the entire cast of injustice.

JaredL

Well, if there truly is no way to stop it, then he ought to be nerfed.

TWISTED_ANIMALITY

PSN: EMPEROR_TWISTED
Well Batgirl looks smokey so she could work but, in the existing roster, what are some strategies to deal with it? People were told how to deal with Deathstroke, and for the most part, its pretty damn effective at getting in. Where is the guide for Cyborg?
its extremely hard to hold a constant iafb specially online..... i wouldnt worry about it to much... if ur strictly an offline player, go with one of the 5 characters who can get passed cyborgs zoneing

JaredL

its extremely hard to hold a constant iafb specially online..... i wouldnt worry about it to much... if ur strictly an offline player, go with one of the 5 characters who can get passed cyborgs zoneing
Its not just the IAFB. Its his regular one as well, you can't dash block it thats the problem.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Wait, you are unable
So, I really have trouble against Cyborgs who perform flawlessly the IANBs. What would you say are Cyborg's bad matchups (if any)? So far he seems to have none.

thanks
Just to be clear you can't duck these iafb? Who are you using? I feel for you if you are using a big hit box character. If your using someone smaller just duck its not a infinite no one has the execution to lock you down with perfect iafb while crouching.

JaredL

Wait, you are unable

Just to be clear you can't duck these iafb? Who are you using? I feel for you if you are using a big hit box character. If your using someone smaller just duck its not a infinite no one has the execution to lock you down with perfect iafb while crouching.
Supposedly only 5 people can duck it.

JaredL

Seriously, you can't stop it. You can't dash because he recovers extremely quickly. Dash blocking, which is a staple of getting in on zoners is impossible. So, unless you have an advancing armored move or a teleport. You're royally fucked dead.

Owerbart

I miss you
Wait, you are unable

Raven and Grundy. Thanks for the input guys.

Supposedly only 5 people can duck it.
not even, only 5 have options to deal with it. ares cant duck it, but he can tele and get full combo punished, lol. I think he's the only one of the 5 that cant duck it though. here are the other options the same 4 have:
catwoman can catdodge (i think, but then you get caught by the next one that's coming)
flash can shimmy (same problem as catwoman)
frost can slide? i think that's what curbo said
Batman can duck it... that's it

raven cant do anything because fb will hit her out of trait. grundy same deal, he'll get hit out of everything before he does it. Also think about how walking corpse works, you move forward while taking 3 hits while cyborg is moving back, and then whiff punishes one of the most negative moves in the game. even if you cancel into block, then you're stuck in the block infinite again.
cyborg has 19 10-0 matchups until the next patch.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.

Not gonna lie it is a bitch if they can do them consistently and hit you while standing but for someone to be hitting you while your crouching with grundy or raven is not very likely at all.

If you block a grounded nova blast you should be at around +19 0r so dash and duck as to not get hit by next iafb. People get in on me and I can do them pretty good. A lot of times they will jump over my iafb because they are too low.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Yeah... I have been testing different stuff for weeks... there is literallly nothing you can do but try to walk forward if they can't do them perfect. It is pretty dumb.