What's new

How the F * C K is upgraded jaqui so busted?

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
Anyone who isn’t hitconfirming will be blown up by any decent player. Because there’s nothing she does out of Bionic Bounce that is safe. There’s a reason that Deoxys, who is probably the best serious representative of Upgraded, stays on the ground half the time instead of constantly jumping like a maniac.

Watch any of his recent matches in tournament and it becomes clear that good players have no issues dealing with the bounce. But it will continue to annoy lesser players and they’ll cry about it, similar to Scorpion’s teleport.
I've seen plenty of high level players getting abused by upgraded and blocking infinitely. So I disagree.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
No. Most Jacqui players are no hit confirming confirm shit and getting away with it. Its not Deoxys. Nivek is the best one. He won the european tournament. He was jumping all over the place and was getting away with it. Foxy Grampa is a lesser player? VideoGamezYo is a lesser player?
No disrespect to any of those guys. But Nivek was 25th and 33rd at the last majors where he didn’t have strictly EU competition. And he didn’t make Top 8 at Celtic Throwdown because most of the top players traveled over there.

Isn’t to say it’s impossible, but taking footage from when none of the actual top players are present (or even most of the gatekeeper-tournament level ones) is not a substitute for seeing how the best players deal with it.

Zer0_h0ur

No disrespect to any of those guys. But Nivek was 25th and 33rd at the last majors where he didn’t have strictly EU competition. And he didn’t make Top 8 at Celtic Throwdown because most of the top players traveled over there.

Isn’t to say it’s impossible, but taking footage from when none of the actual top players are present (or even most of the gatekeeper-tournament level ones) is not a substitute for seeing how the best players deal with it.
So this conversation diverged at some point.

Are we talking under the presumption that something is only busted if it isn't handled in a professional top 8 setting?
Or is were talking about an overall competitive context where we've put in 100s of hours into the game and we all have valid opinions on what is truly busted and not in this game?

Fwiw deoxys used geras specifically (in is own words) bc he was broken af. Pretty sure he didn't switch to upgraded for a challenge

So this conversation diverged at some point.

Are we talking under the presumption that something is only busted if it isn't handled in a professional top 8 setting?
Or is were talking about an overall competitive context where we've put in 100s of hours into the game and we all have valid opinions on what is truly busted and not in this game?

Fwiw deoxys used geras specifically (in is own words) bc he was broken af. Pretty sure he didn't switch to upgraded for a challenge
and he picked up johnny saying "you can watch TV while playing him"

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
This is from NEC he jumps like crazy no matter block or hit

And Splash 2-0’ed him in that Top 16 handily, had no issues dealing with Jacqui at all, and Deoxys was eliminated and didn’t make Top 8. So I’m not sure what this is supposed to prove.

ArnKratos also showed how to deal with it . Both sets are in this same video.

It’s literally the example of what you guys are claiming is so impossible to do.

Last edited:

djynn

hsu hao main
Kinda shocked there aren't already 10 threads for this same thing but for 1st round KO

There probably is tbh I just gotta find them

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Seeing the latest twitter rage about Joker and how broke he is, we can safely say Jacqui is fine.

Zer0_h0ur

The NRS community has magically decided to shit on Jacqui pretty hard after the latest patch so I guess that's good?
It's strange how much herd mentality is out there.

Me? I've been sayin liu, johnny, jacqui, geras are stupid as **** from the start lol. They all share equal hatred.

Alex_Smith

The artist formerly known as blueNINE.
While it's possible to beat, it's too silly to be in the game as it is. Players should not be given something this low risk with such high reward when it has so many options and is difficult and very specific to deal with it.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
While it's possible to beat, it's too silly to be in the game as it is. Players should not be given something this low risk with such high reward when it has so many options and is difficult and very specific to deal with it.
Except that Upgraded is actually a high risk variation, which is why hardly anyone is playing it in tournament.

I've only played variation 3 and if there is anything that is objectively broken it's that she can cancel her landing frames after a jump with jumping db3. This works when canceled into off of a jumping normal on both hit and block. Super Jump J3/4 is any were from 0 to -3 on block but with the cancel, you can make it between +9 to +11. If done right this can give you anywhere between 10 to 5 extra frames of advantage on any jumping normal.

Alex_Smith

The artist formerly known as blueNINE.
Except that Upgraded is actually a high risk variation, which is why hardly anyone is playing it in tournament.
The risk/reward at low to mid level play is insane. At high level, when players actually know how to make it whiff or block and punish it, the risk is higher, but the difficulty of that (at least for some characters) as opposed to the quick near 50% with Krushing Blow or good damage without Krushing Blow that she gets from it is not really cool. The continued threat of forcing a mistake for big damage with what is likely to be only an anti-air or air-to-air as risk is also very strong.