What's new

How should we go about damage?

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
He's saying those numbers don't matter. It's still the same percentage wise. The 161 damage against Superman is the same percent as 179 against Batman according to him. Unless you're suggesting that you are noticing a difference in how much the health bar drops then he would be wrong. If I recall correctly in one of their streams I think 16bit said tournament mode does additional scaling to "normalize" stats(which makes it less drastically different from character to character than with gears on) which leads me to believe Bio is wrong. I could be pulling that statement out my ass though.
161/1050=15.33%
179/1250=14.32%

Seems like it's close but not really the same. This health system is weird.

Reactions: GAV

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
This isn't life, it's a video game. And I'll trust their balancing when they release a game they don't have to patch within the first week.
Please name the last video game that you bought that didn't have a patch the first week. Not even fighting games, all games do this now. That's how it goes, everyone gets to look like they released the game on time then in six months it's actually finished. I made the mistake of buying fallout 4, mass effect andromeda, and mkx all on day one and none of those games worked right at all.

No offense meant but that's just how things are now.

We all have the choice to make. I don't want to wait to play inj2 so I'm getting it day 1. I can wait to play Shadow of War (although I'm mad hype for it) so I'll give it a month or two to let all that stuff get patched and I'll never even have to know about it.

If you wanna just harp on NRS for patching, they improve quicker and better every game so I'm not overly worried.

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
Would be nice if we had an option to fight a training dummy with stats that have the avg of every character combined, would pretty much solve the problem I'd reckon.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Just pick a standard character to beat up and use that.

That will keep this from becoming a "Well, if X=Y, the damage will be most closely approximated by function -b + cosine(mt^2/C+tym)" situation.

;)

Ex. "This combo does 600 SDP or 600 'Superman Damage Points'"

armani

Noob
the damage system is weird lol

clarity question - so combo damage depends on the character?
clarity question 2 - competitive mode isnt an option in training?