What's new

Breakthrough - Jacqui Briggs How Ronins B11 of Death pressure looks on Jaqcui

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Nope, 4~qb isn't a block infinit. Although you might need one charge for the f12~qb to work which would also make it not a block inifint. I forgot honestly, i'll check tonight.
Definitely need 1 charge.

Otherwise you're only +2 using a 15 frame move.

4~qb is +2 into an 8 frame mid so it kinda works. But you can double back dash if you time it correctly.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Guys I think Stosn was just being funny in the video :D

Sure I even say this happens in the OP on why it's not an infinite and what his options are

Ecodus

I ain't got time to bleed.

4~qb is +2 into an 8 frame mid so it kinda works. But you can double back dash if you time it correctly.
Yeah you're right about the 1 charge. My B.

Why double backdash? If you make the s4 whiff the qb will not come out?

stosn

Noob
How does stanky leg do against it?
b1 is 11fr, 4up4 is 11fr, but you need 1fr to get out from block. So its dont work.
I`ll tested it long time ago, and we have only 3 options ( without meter ofc ):
1. Block
2. Get hit
3. Believe that he ( Ronin ) can not do his b1 frame perfectly and mash buttons ( df2 in SG and FA or jump forward )

Guys I think Stosn was just being funny in the video :D
i`m serious

Last edited:

zaf

professor
Hate to be annoying but I understand that this message does not get seen since not everyone goes to the first page.

Removing the posts that are not on topic or contribute to the discussion.
Comments like "I really hate Takeda" , serve 0 purpose here.
It does not contribute to the main post. It offers little to nothing in terms of actual gameplay.
This also includes single post replys including "lmao" or something like this.

Keep the thread on topic please.

kelevra

Steel cable bungee jumper

4qb doesnt loop on Takeda in general as far as i know because his crouchblock hitbox moves back slightly. F12qb (level1) is legit tho.

IrishMantis

I don't where some peoples passive aggressiveness is coming from if I'm appearing to be an illogical arsehole let me know where and I'll apologise but I don't think I am

I edited the end of the OP but who reads the OP in anyway huh?

hayatei

Noob
theres a bunch of characters that cant do anything about b11 due to not having a fast enough poke that reaches.

there is also a ton of possibilities for ronin that leads into more spacing based ambiguous metagames

jacqui especially nearly cant do anything about this

IrishMantis

theres a bunch of characters that cant do anything about b11 due to not having a fast enough poke that reaches.

there is also a ton of possibilities for ronin that leads into more spacing based ambiguous metagames

Man I wish all players can be as honest as you and not so auto defensive

Bravo sir.
Thanks for not making me look like an idiot

IrishMantis

b1 is 11fr, 4up4 is 11fr, but you need 1fr to get out from block. So its dont work.
I`ll tested it long time ago, and we have only 3 options ( without meter ofc ):
1. Block
2. Get hit
3. Believe that he ( Ronin ) can not do his b1 frame perfectly and mash buttons ( df2 in SG and FA or jump forward )

i`m serious
Yeah but as I said in the OP he has many close to risk less option of closing that space quite easily

IrishMantis

Just testing with the likes of Tremor who's only options are too jump.

But if Tremor comes out of crouch looking instead of stsnd block he can't jump for some reason I'll check more

IrishMantis

Just added this to OP

Edit: here's an upload from As a said above somebody really good as Cages perspective
Similar to Jaqui has to make a suicide read of jumping back ot trade a suicide special
Which is really weird and shows you how much range Ronin has B11 beats his reversal SK!!!!
That's an 11f normal beating a 10 frame reversal(reversals shave off a frame)
But atleast Cages floaty AF back jump can get get him a combo punish on a read which is still silly
But yep Jacqui has it the worst

Asodimazze

https://twitter.com/AlfioZacco
I tested for 10 minute
Just added this to OP

Edit: here's an upload from As a said above somebody really good as Cages perspective
Similar to Jaqui has to make a suicide read of jumping back ot trade a suicide special
Which is really weird and shows you how much range Ronin has B11 beats his reversal SK!!!!
But atleast Cages floaty AF back jump can get get him a combo punish on a read which is still silly
A-List SK doesn't trade :(

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Hi guys

Okay so you probably seen how Ronins B11 really locks down somebody as good as Cage to one of his only option is just a frame F3 trade, so I thought to see what it would look like on somebody with no range like Jacqui and here it is.

Things to note first:
I purposely turned off Meter as in a situation like this you should only judge from the resources that is available at all times.
I recorded the AI do B11, B112 just show that it beats the jumping options too.
In a real game the Ronin player can easily confirm the 2 from B112 otherwise he could just do B11 again.
When Jaqcui jumps back and backdashes she cannot whiff punish as she recovers in time and B112 is only -5 on block.

What you don't see is he is not just limited to B11, he can B1,B11xxsparks B112, B21, B212+4 , D3, F1 etc... And that's not even counting his sword toss and Call back mind games too.
Personally I think Ronin might be one of the best in the current version of the game, but none of that is what this thread is about.
I'm just showing what B11 does to somebody like Jaqcui and maybe more than likely other chars who I didn't check.
Like personally this is just shy of being Mileenas B12 and it's even better in some ways, but Paulo has hinted in streams her B12 will be getting normalised so why should this go under the radar.

As much I would like to call this an infinite I really can't for a few reasons:
1. There is that one Suicide option, like even though doing a completely risky empty back jump is her only option it still rules this out as being an infinite.
2. B11 has slight pushback each time so maybe after about 3or so reps from touching (confirmed by Stosn) he would eventually be out of range. But he can easily fix this option with a micro run that would probably still beat all of Jacquis options except for jumping out of the corner or if he wants play extra safe he can do B11 Ex Sparks and use them plus frames to close in the distance with 0 risk.

Oh and about Jaqcuis only options here is what happens if he delays his B11 or react to her Jump.

And before anybody says take the hit ....
Yep back to square one

Now the question is how to fix this issue without butchering his B11?
I have absolutely no idea!
Making it slightly - or slower start up would really only grant Jacqui the ability to neutral jump and jump out all of her other options would still get beating.
Hell even if they made it a high it would still not effect it much as you can see from the video the 2nd hit beats all low profile stuff.
The only thing I can kind of think of is add a lot of pushback or do the opposite and adjust some of the frames and conpletely remove the pushback so you can close the gap between reps.
I honestly don't know.

And come on before people comment about nerfing his 11f huge range easy to hit confirm hard to whiff punish 0 on block mid! you all well know he has 3 other really good mid attacks in his arsenal such as a 12f huge distance safe Oh/low string that he can make plus by sword drop so let's try not go there :p

Now although I got 2nd opinions on this video covering everything they all agreed I covered everything so I made sure I got approval before posting but I'm open to new options I could of missed.

So I advise people in TYM to check this on your char and see what options he/she has got it will be pretty interesting.

Last thing, I feel I have got this on the frame and close to perfect distance so please if you are going to do a F/T community and make a video telling me I'm wrong and these options actually work please for the love of god get the timing and spacing right.
If Jacqui is beating it with a jump out, jump attack or making Ronins attack whiff by jump back punching you are spacing/timing it wrong.

INB4 "just X-Ray or armour from your infinite supply of meter bro"

Let's not fall under the illusion "poor Ronins Ex callback only does a single hit instead of 100 in the beta :(" when there could potentially be something far more Sinester hidden under.
Ronin is already in the scary hands of Hayati and IDock but if somebody like Foxy or Reo decide to pick up this char later on in the games life...... Damn!!!!

I won't Tag Paulo just yet I can leave to one of you guys or see how this plays out first incase I overlooked something.

If mods feel this is more appropriate in the Ronin threads be my guest.

NOTE: This is NOT Jaqcui specific!!!

I just showcased Jacqui as an extreme example. the point of this thread was share awareness and find other options which Panic mode found shotgun blast trades but basically leaves her in the same position

I'm not being arsehole so you shouldn't either, this part prob does not matter as its evidence on what I said I hoped not to happen in the OP happened in the posts.

I'm not saying Im right I'm opening a discussion not factual. That's why I did not tag Paulo just yet

Well folks. Maybe now you'll listen to me. As a victim of this in actual matches I know first hand how this feels.

@colt @16 Bit you know what to do.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
It doesn't matter when the move goes active -- it matters when its active hitbox makes contact with the opponent's hurtbox. So unless you're literally standing in your opponent's face, Shadow Kick probably isn't making contact on the first active frame.

D

Deleted member 9158

Well it really does look like your only option here is to use meter. Bummer

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Just added this to OP

It doesn't actually shave off a frame. It still takes 11 frames to start up.

What you're thinking about is needing to use a 10 frame normal, since normals have 1 frame of unblocking before you can input them. Specials do not have this.

It makes sense that it trades. Same as how Cassie flip kick (6 frames in current version) trades with Jacqui s4 (8 frames) after +2, while cassies's s2 (6 frames) will get beat out.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
@IrishMantis can you test this with Goro please?

I want to see if anything trades or beats him please. I would test it but won't be next to a console for a while.

Just test KW please.

IrishMantis

What you're thinking about is needing to use a 10 frame normal, since normals have 1 frame of unblocking before you can input them. Specials do not have this.

It makes sense that it trades. Same as how Cassie flip kick (6 frames in current version) trades with Jacqui s4 (8 frames) after +2, while cassies's s2 (6 frames) will get beat out.

There is no frame of unblocking

Read Dizzy's post in the OP
http://testyourmight.com/threads/a-place-for-technical-questions.57413/