What's new

Question How real is the Sodium Chloride?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Just a general enquiry into the community:

If you lose a match do you get salty? If you do, how do you react? If you don't, why not?

Do you send hate mail? Do you send a rant down the mic? Do you scream and throw things and hit things?

Do you spar with salty losers? Is your training partner hell on earth when they lose? Do they cry? Do YOU cry?

What makes you angry in a match? What are your pet peeves that other players do?

The funnier the better of course :joker:

Getting salty: Rico-mended by @Rico Suave

Tag for no reason whatsoever @Perfect Legend :DOGE

Last edited:

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Losing with shazam makes me hella salty, so I've dropped him. Otherwise I stay pretty sane. Wait unless I get killed by an interactable that doesn't activate until you're near it. Like on Metropolis, that gun that shoots you when you're on the left side? That makes me upset. Otherwise, no I'm pretty good

Oh wait EDIT: when I know somebody is going to cross up or hit overhead and then my stupid thumbs won't stop ducking anyway. lol that makes me super salty

Last edited:

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
I got so mad playing tekken that I broke my controller. In hindsight I probably should of just done the PL option select "I don't even play this game" and have been done with it. I don't even play tekken like that. That Kazuya player tore me a new one though.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
The worst I personally do is scream into myself or jump up and down in rage but then I see myself in the big mirror hanging on my wall and start laughing because it's hilarious how upset I actually am don't need to be.

But I HATE when people just sit back and do nothing the whole match, it's a FIGHTING game so FIGHT. Am I right?

Last edited:

mfkaoz

Banned
Since I only play online I've come to accept the usual bullshit, only times I get salty is when I mess up on something and it costs me the match or the occasional salty tactics online.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Yes. When something dumb happens. I.e. I make the "right read" but get blown up anyways because of something random. It's a problem, because when I get salty, I play like utter trash.

And also....yes my training partners are known for their legendary salt. It's awesome when you get someone to their "break point". Everyone has a trigger, and sometimes I make it my goal to hit it as many times as possible. It's the only way for them to learn how to play through it.

thinking about the things that have made me the most salty since i started playing fgs:

the day i realized my marvel 3 team wasnt good enough and i quit the game
losing to Jwong in skullgirls winners top 16 ect4
losing to Unknown in sfxt round 1 ect5
day 1 after MMH came out online play
losing to wound cowboy online

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I haven't thrown a controller from a video game since I was a child lol. I do get salty when I lose. I have a winners mentality, so for me, losing isn't a option. Doesn't matter if its online or offline. I want to win. I do one of those fake laughs when I'm salty. You know..."hahaha sure." That kind of stuff lol.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
I'm a very patient man. I have to be for my line of work. But what I have noticed is that in games where I play with teammates, it is the teammates that piss me off more than anything, even the enemy, when they play like idiots and squander our hard work.

I could put up the deed to my house if anyone were to find me actually upset, even though I consider myself highly competitive. If you can't laugh at yourself, why bother you know? Not to mention I play offline matches with firearm in sight, causing my opponent to let me win. This offsets any rage that could have transpired.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
never get actually salty online just annoyed when someone with a lag switch only zones
dont send hate mail but receiving it is awesome.
best rage quit message ive got was "damn bitch get a life. you didnt even give my nigga a chance to stand up"

I get salty if I 1) bodied really badly 2) if I play poorly and I lose because of it and 3) if someone is backseat gaming and telling me how much I suck at the game. I was once unfortunate enough to have all three happen to me at once.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Yes. When something dumb happens. I.e. I make the "right read" but get blown up anyways because of something random. It's a problem, because when I get salty, I play like utter trash.

And also....yes my training partners are known for their legendary salt. It's awesome when you get someone to their "break point". Everyone has a trigger, and sometimes I make it my goal to hit it as many times as possible. It's the only way for them to learn how to play through it.
Yes, GGA's salt is leagues above most others...

@GGA Slips : "Can you just admit you can see the 50/50?"
@GGA Wafflez : "I wish I never won Final Round 2013!"
@GGA 16 Bit : "Can we be serious about________?" 1)Bane being dumb, 2)Catwoman being a shitter, 3)anything you just did to win
@GGA soonk : "Must be nice", "Can I have something", "I wish I had a 6 frame move" (while shooting IAGB's at you with a hitbox!)
@GGA Dizzy : "That's my one mistake for this game!"

There are others, but this is a good start.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
I do, but I troll the fuck on ppl Online when Im am drinking Coronas or angry Orchards. There are some days you have to troll ppl and have fun. The only time I get salty is when ppl who just turtle and block just waiting for you to move closer so they can do some shit so I chip them the fuck out. There are some ppl on this forum who Ive played against and they just ragequit before I beat them smh lol.

I usually never get pissed in FG, because I realize it's online (practically a different game compared to offline). Not only that, I make a shit ton of input errors, so I lose mainly because of my own mistakes. Although, the only time I got salty playing a fighting game was against my older bro in T5 (this was when Steve Fox was ridiculously good). I would get bodied using hwoarang and just give up haha

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I don't get salty. I know that I'm the one who fucked up. I'll be frustrated if I'm getting bodied, but I don't care enough to ever get really angry or emotional. I play these games for fun...

Chimbz

I named my dick Grayson
I love getting hate mail. Especially when it looks something like this: " Fkn [ban incoming], get a life. I bet you spend all day on this game. Fkn spammer, only doing the same combo".
I never understood how I could "spam" a combo... Ppl online are retarded sometimes. And I get salty when I lose to stupid stuff, I usually do the "ARRGGG!" sounds lol.

Last edited: