Votes: 35 35.7%
  • 35-40

Votes: 13 13.3%
  • 40+ (entire MK cast)

Votes: 13 13.3%

• Total voters

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I have a feeling all these people wishing for most/all mk9 characters to return are going to end up very salty in the next few months.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I have a feeling all these people wishing for most/all mk9 characters to return are going to end up very salty in the next few months.
Wouldnt you be salty if the character you mained for the past 2-3 years wasnt put in the next game?

Hell, SCV did away with most of the old characters and brought in newer versions with practically the same movelists, and people STILL were pissed.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
Wouldnt you be salty if the character you mained for the past 2-3 years wasnt put in the next game?

Hell, SCV did away with most of the old characters and brought in newer versions with practically the same movelists, and people STILL were pissed.
I don't exactly get your second line because keeping the same moves doesn't sound flattering to me. Same special moves ? Yes, because they are character defining. But normals and strings should be changed. Anyway I don't even know what SCV is so I have no idea what happened there.

As for your first line, I have mained Sektor for as long as I've been playing MK9 but I accept that he may not make it to MK10. Of course I'll be hoping he makes it but if he doesn't its not the end of the world. A new game would probably play a bit differently and I may end up liking another character's play style. If you love MK surely you like quite a few characters. You'll still have plenty of options to choose from anyway.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage

Main Kano and Lao in MK9 still to this day and I wouldn't be phased if neither returned.

Also mained Urien in sf3 and was upset that he was not in sf4 at first, but learned that in the end it didn't really matter.

Youll find out often enough that you begin to get attached to any character you spend time with but you dont neccesarily love the game specifically because that character is in it, but because you enjoy how the game works/plays in general.

Just because certain characters wont always make a return, Street Fighter will always be SF and MK will (hopefully) now always retain the system Mk9 used because it was the reboot of the series.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I don't exactly get your second line because keeping the same moves doesn't sound flattering to me. Same special moves ? Yes, because they are character defining. But normals and strings should be changed. Anyway I don't even know what SCV is so I have no idea what happened there.

As for your first line, I have mained Sektor for as long as I've been playing MK9 but I accept that he may not make it to MK10. Of course I'll be hoping he makes it but if he doesn't its not the end of the world. A new game would probably play a bit differently and I may end up liking another character's play style. If you love MK surely you like quite a few characters. You'll still have plenty of options to choose from anyway.
That is great for you, but some people are character loyalists. Ive played Baraka in every MK. I tried other characters but none of them fit.

If they make some new character that plays very similar to Baraka, then im fine. But if they throw in a bunch of new characters that dont play anything like him it'd be pretty hard for me to continue with the game.

Im not saying give them the exact same movelists, I just want characters to keep their overall playstyles.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
That is great for you, but some people are character loyalists. Ive played Baraka in every MK. I tried other characters but none of them fit.

If they make some new character that plays very similar to Baraka, then im fine. But if they throw in a bunch of new characters that dont play anything like him it'd be pretty hard for me to continue with the game.

Im not saying give them the exact same movelists, I just want characters to keep their overall playstyles.
That's a problem indeed. Not many characters play like him. In terms of speed Sheeva, Subzero and Kano maybe played a bit like him. But overall not really.

I guess this is a call NRS is going to make or has already made regarding character loyalists.

Baraka is quite likely to make it to MK10 anyway. He is fairly popular and they screwed him up a bit in Mk9 so they might want to correct that.

I hope Baraka makes it for your sake but something's gotta give. It always does. Character loyalists have their priorities and I have mine.

The fewer characters, the more attention to design and balance each will get. I think anything between 20-30 is fine. Over 30 feels like we will get some lazy designs and also some oversights in balancing as we've seen with the past two games NRS released.

Three of the five character's I played the most in MK9 aren't returning. Smoke, Sub-Zero and Shang Tsung aren't returning. They better not, otherwise it'll just be lazy writing. Shang Tsung might be able to be brought back seeing as how he's always had a key role in the story.

But yeah, I wouldn't be phased if The Cagemeister and Ermac played completely different in MK10. Hell, I welcome it. I love their MK9 styles, but it could be good to change things up a little.

JDM

Noob
I picked 35-40 simply because I think they should rebalance the cast of MK9 (buff the weak, nerf the broken), and then add a handful of new ones, followed maybe by a little bit of DLC.

Like Street Fighter, I think MK should start carrying over from the last games so we can hop right in and hit the ground running. Bring all the characters back with some new tweaks and changes, then throw new ones into the mix. Much easier to balance that too instead of starting over from scratch again. I think this is a good opportunity to finely tune their series and start building from the solid foundation that Mortal Kombat 9 provided.
Dude you just labelled my frickin' dream MK10. Too bad it probably won't happen.

AugustAPC

Not For Sale
However many of the terrible post MK3 cast they can redesign into decent characters.

Some of the characters have potential with their interesting themes, like Havik, but my god, MK4-MK:A characters have some of the most bland and shitty move-sets of any fighting games ever. They did a really good job with Quan-Chi in MK9, so I hope we can expect the same quality in the new appearances of other post MK3 characters.

AugustAPC

Not For Sale
Three of the five character's I played the most in MK9 aren't returning. Smoke, Sub-Zero and Shang Tsung aren't returning. They better not, otherwise it'll just be lazy writing. Shang Tsung might be able to be brought back seeing as how he's always had a key role in the story.

But yeah, I wouldn't be phased if The Cagemeister and Ermac played completely different in MK10. Hell, I welcome it. I love their MK9 styles, but it could be good to change things up a little.
Yea... I'm willing to bet that all 3 of them will be returning. They'll likely initially be part of an undead army raised by Quan-Chi and Shinnok.