What's new

Question - Scorpion How is Scorpion's viability looking with his new adjustments?

FOXSOLID

Noob
I haven't played this game in a while and Triborg has sparked my interest in it again. I still want to know about Scorpion though since he was one of my mains.

Tweedy

Noob
Hellfire will probably be very viable after the KP2 patches. Ninjutsu has always been decent, will probably remain decent, if not a bit better. Inferno still seems trash to me.

FOXSOLID

Noob
Hellfire will probably be very viable after the KP2 patches. Ninjutsu has always been decent, will probably remain decent, if not a bit better. Inferno still seems trash to me.
Yeah I never really messed around with Inferno much. Just hell fire and ninjutsu. I'm hearing his F2 second hit is an overhead now. That sounds much bigger in my head than people make it out to be though. Sounds really good.

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
inferno seems trash because it is trash, its stupid easy to play and basically everyone knows how to avoid it

Matix218

Get over here!
With the frame data changes hellfires pressure will now be stronger than before.

Ninjutsu has been buffed as well with the second hit of f2 now hitting overhead and b4 now being completely safe on block.

Takedown is also +15 on hit so you have a ton of oki options after hitting one. (especially in ninjutsu).

Scorpion has better offense now than before the beta but his standing armor is still an issue against pressure characters as it was before

FOXSOLID

Noob
With the frame data changes hellfires pressure will now be stronger than before.

Ninjutsu has been buffed as well with the second hit of f2 now hitting overhead and b4 now being completely safe on block.

Takedown is also +15 on hit so you have a ton of oki options after hitting one. (especially in ninjutsu).

Scorpion has better offense now than before the beta but his standing armor is still an issue against pressure characters as it was before
Yeeeessss the lack of armored attacks was his biggest problem. I always wanted his EX teleport to have armor beyond just from a wake up. Not sure if that would be broken though. It's still unsafe on block. Other alternative would have been to MAKE it safe on block without standing armor. To my recollection, it was safe in MK9.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
I saw in REO's video that you can cancel the first hit, and combo off of, Scorpions B4 lol.

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
Scorpion has always been viable he just requires a lot more work than most people think.

scorpion is looking more badass, We play against a scorpion and talk about the buffs/ nerfs in our video

No offense to that guy but someone who just throws out F2's all over the shop (even when negative) is not a good example to judge Scorpion by. A lot of what he did in that match could have been seriously blown up if you have the knowledge.

Matix218

Get over here!
Yeeeessss the lack of armored attacks was his biggest problem. I always wanted his EX teleport to have armor beyond just from a wake up. Not sure if that would be broken though. It's still unsafe on block. Other alternative would have been to MAKE it safe on block without standing armor. To my recollection, it was safe in MK9.
Ex teleport was safe on block in mk9 but it was not a full combo launcher like it is now. If scorp had better or specifically safer armor he would be pretty ridiculous given that is really the only thing he lacks IMO.

He has good meterless damage

He has wakeups that you have to respect (even though they are punishable on block)

Ninjutsu destroys armor/wakeup armor

He has great footsies in ninjutsu

He has great range

He had great anti zoning

He can put you in a guessing game after every combo

I think better armor would be too much personally

FOXSOLID

Noob
Ex teleport was safe on block in mk9 but it was not a full combo launcher like it is now. If scorp had better or specifically safer armor he would be pretty ridiculous given that is really the only thing he lacks IMO.

He has good meterless damage

He has wakeups that you have to respect (even though they are punishable on block)

Ninjutsu destroys armor/wakeup armor

He has great footsies in ninjutsu

He has great range

He had great anti zoning

He can put you in a guessing game after every combo

I think better armor would be too much personally
No I agree for sure, I'm happy he received what he did for KP2.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
With the nerfs to some chars, and incoming heavy nerfs to Quan and Tanya, he's probably Top 5 now.

Yep.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Yes, in ninjutsu his sweep (b4) is two hits and you can special cancel after the first hit. Also if you just let both hits of b4 go it is totally safe on block now and it breaks armor so he now has a 100% safe at any range armor breaking tool.
Damn didn't know that. That's pretty scary.

Matix218

Get over here!
That's cool, didn't even think about the armour breaking properties. How fast is it?
I forget how many frames the start up is but its pretty fast and will break armor on almost every armored wakeup attack. And I do know that it is now -4 on block so totally safe. It used to be full combo punishable on block making it useless (since he could already break armor with f2 which was more safe and launched) but now he has the low reward totally safe b4 and the (mostly safe except at close range or against specific characters) f2 with a higher reward

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
I doubt his position on the tier list has changed too much. Hellfire's neutral still sucks and the F2 buff for Ninjutsu doesn't do much for him unless you play him like a maniac. B4 being made safe was a better buff but it's nowhere near enough to make him top-tier or whatever.

Matix218

Get over here!
I doubt his position on the tier list has changed too much. Hellfire's neutral still sucks and the F2 buff for Ninjutsu doesn't do much for him unless you play him like a maniac. B4 being made safe was a better buff but it's nowhere near enough to make him top-tier or whatever.
If he is top 10 after all of the beta changes he will probably be floating around the 9-10 spot, and that's IF he ends up top 10. He is better and I like the changes but I highly doubt you will see a scorpion player win a major after the final kp2 patching

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
If he is top 10 after all of the beta changes he will probably be floating around the 9-10 spot, and that's IF he ends up top 10. He is better and I like the changes but I highly doubt you will see a scorpion player win a major after the final kp2 patching
Yeah the only way he makes top 10 is if the current top-tiers are all nerfed out of it. Cassie, Lao, Tanya, Quan etc... If they leave then Scorpion could sneak in. If you were to put beta Scorpion in the current version of the game he wouldn't be top 10.