What's new

Question How is Nightwing bad in the current meta?

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
K so....don't fuck with the Nightwing mains? :DOGE
I understand you didn't say it directly but that's basically what you mean by what you are saying. I said if you pushblock its in your favor. By doing so you put us back in neutral and negate our ability to build meter. People have learned to deal with this even before the patch. Everyone has been trying to explain to you the flaws the while time and you respond like they don't know what they are talking about, like, just don't do it everytime lol or something of that nature. I also read plenty of posts stating that NW cancel advantage is bad making several of his options unsafe. You absolutely can not get away with it against someone who knows the matchup. But I will make things even clearer for you. Every string he has that can be cancelled into any special other than staffspin or flipkick can be interrupted except 33.
Don't assume what I mean by things, if I meant something I would have said it directly. It's not that I don't believe you it's just that all I was hearing was "he has no options" which doesn't give me much to go on. I GET the flaws, I'm not disregarding them, I'm simply enquiring about them as in why they don't work. Thank you for actually explaining why they don't work.
@Youphemism @AK L0rdoftheFLY I don't think anyone(maybe a few) was upset at the fact he tried to show us options. What really happened was he compared them to WoWo options. Those that he stated, we simply told him what we get from them but he didn't believe us. The truth is, and there ready isn't any way around it, WoWo is better when it comes to options off of advantage frames, and has better mixups in general. This doesn't mean NW options are bad, just stating they are worse than hers.
I wasn't comparing them, I know hers are better, I was just stating that hers has flaws in it too. I would've believed more if it were backed up with facts like why it doesn't work.
Not upset because he is saying that is pressure is better than we think it is, hell I wish it was.
It's because he is merely posting ideas he has without going into training mode, ideas we had a long time ago. Also saying that NW's frametraps are better than WoWo's did it.

If normals in Injustice did as much chip as in MK9 then his + frames would have helped him out a lot more.
But someone sitting on a lifelead doesn't need to take risk against NW, he just needs to wait it out and watch NW deplete his meter or until NW doesn't have any options anymore because of pushback.
Tell me when I said his were better, go ahead.
@Youphemism Wonder Woman has better frame-traps than Nightwing. That is a fact and there is no way you're gonna convince anyone otherwise. Nightwing has more frame-traps, but Wonder Woman's lead to more. What you're saying is what we've all thought about doing when the game first dropped, but over the past year we've realised aren't worth it from being poked out/punished for it countless times. Nobody in here is downplaying Nightwing or upplaying Wonder Woman, we're just telling you what works and what doesn't from experience after thousands of matches and countless hours in the lab. It might sound like we're just shitting on Nightwing but we're really not.
ATENTION ALL NIGHTWANGS: I KNOW SHE HAS BETTER PRESSURE/OPTIONS, STOP ASSUMING I SAID HIS ARE BETTER. I SAID HE HAS MORE PLUS FRAMES, THAT'S ALL.
I was just suggesting things, if they aren't viable then fair enough but I'd just like this backed up with why they don't work is all.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser

Don't assume what I mean by things, if I meant something I would have said it directly. It's not that I don't believe you it's just that all I was hearing was "he has no options" which doesn't give me much to go on. I GET the flaws, I'm not disregarding them, I'm simply enquiring about them as in why they don't work. Thank you for actually explaining why they don't work.

I wasn't comparing them, I know hers are better, I was just stating that hers has flaws in it too. I would've believed more if it were backed up with facts like why it doesn't work.

ATENTION ALL NIGHTWANGS: I KNOW SHE HAS BETTER PRESSURE/OPTIONS, STOP ASSUMING I SAID HIS ARE BETTER. I SAID HE HAS MORE PLUS FRAMES, THAT'S ALL.
I was just suggesting things, if they aren't viable then fair enough but I'd just like this backed up with why they don't work is all.
Fair enough. There was very little explanation on his options, I think most got caught up in the comparison to WoWo lol

Last edited:

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy

You implied they were better, and you never said that they weren't... Read page 6.

We've all said why they don't work dude... You say cancel B2 into other specials, I said the hole is too big. You said cancel B112, Pryce said it isn't cancellable. You said he must have a 50/50, Pryce said he doesn't. You said trait cancel D12, Pryce said it doesn't have much cancel advantage. You said J3 wingding after B112, Pryce said there's too much pushback. You said 112 because it's +21, I said it's backdashable and high. You said you can MB Staff spin 5 times for 4 bars, I said it is highly unlikely that this will ever happen.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
You implied they were better, and you never said that they weren't... Read page 6.

We've all said why they don't work dude... You say cancel B2 into other specials, I said the hole is too big. You said cancel B112, Pryce said it isn't cancellable. You said he must have a 50/50, Pryce said he doesn't. You said trait cancel D12, Pryce said it doesn't have much cancel advantage. You said J3 wingding after B112, Pryce said there's too much pushback. You said 112 because it's +21, I said it's backdashable and high. You said you can MB Staff spin 5 times for 4 bars, I said it is highly unlikely that this will ever happen.
I didn't "imply" anything, as I said if I meant something I would've said it implicitly. I never said they weren't but I never said they were either, irrelevant point.
I did say cancel b2 into other specials and you did say the hole is too big and that's fair enough, I was saying do that for mixups since b2~flipkick is expected that's all.
I didn't say cancel b112 I said do j3/wingdings/j3~wingdings after it, and yes I now know it's got too much pushback.
Fine 112 is backdashable and first hit is high but I said you don't really need to block low in Escrima.
I said can, not that you would do 5 mb staff spins, but it's still possibly an option is all.

My point is that I didn't get told half of this until later in the conversation. It's not that I don't believe you, I do or else I wouldn't have asked for explanation, but if you had just told me all of this in the first place then the conversation wouldn't have been half as long.

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
OMG...... People are still commenting on this and @JDM TYM never notified me you tagged me on that old comment. No use and bringing up old shit buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

@Fred Marvel im really happy for you but JDM has the best GL of all time

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

Your the problem I'm referring to.

shinobispectre

Heart of A Champion, Skill of a Noob :P
You can backdash his normals? I thought I was just supposed to let them hit me for 25-30% damage combos. Or foolishly try to interrupt his strings by bashing my head on my fightstick...

On a serious note I'm going to regret this... But are there Nightwing players who are free to play on XBL? I know Shazam loses yeah yeah yeah. I would like to play the match though. ShinobiSpectre on XBL. Southern California, Verizon Fios, mainly play longer sets on weekends but also available on weekdays.

gpmoney

You can backdash his normals? I thought I was just supposed to let them hit me for 25-30% damage combos. Or foolishly try to interrupt his strings by bashing my head on my fightstick...

On a serious note I'm going to regret this... But are there Nightwing players who are free to play on XBL? I know Shazam loses yeah yeah yeah. I would like to play the match though. ShinobiSpectre on XBL. Southern California, Verizon Fios, mainly play longer sets on weekends but also available on weekdays.
add me on xbl I can do really long sets brah lol GT: gpmoney1120 Im at work atm. and yea the best way to learn how to fight NW is to watch the Mirror and play a long set. the 2 NW players know what to interrupt and what not to interrupt, what to push block ext. so it helps

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Which is?
you don't read my posts?

your acting as if these holes in NW game make what youphamism is saying completely wrong when in fact your both right. The nice thing is...we can cover his holes with other options. But lets not pretend these options don't exist just so that you can be right and prove him wrong.

gpmoney

you don't read my posts?

your acting as if these holes in NW game make what youphamism is saying completely wrong when in fact your both right. The nice thing is...we can cover his holes with other options. But lets not pretend these options don't exist just so that you can be right and prove him wrong.
You pick Damian costume. even though I didn't read anything in this thread and will not Im gonna assume everything you posted here was a lie and invalid.... smh Damian NW.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
you don't read my posts?

I'm not saying he's wrong, I'm simply pointing out the flaws in what he's saying. 112 is +21 and that sounds perfect on paper, but I'm just telling him the drawbacks in 112. Does this make 112 crap? No, it just adds to the metagame. I said before that I love Nightwing's frame-traps. This is why, because it's a constant mind game

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I'm not saying he's wrong, I'm simply pointing out the flaws in what he's saying. 112 is +21 and that sounds perfect on paper, but I'm just telling him the drawbacks in 112. Does this make 112 crap? No, it just adds to the metagame. I said before that I love Nightwing's frame-traps. This is why, because it's a constant mind game
Thats a better post. I just got a vibe of condescension that pissed me off. I call it how I see it.

You pick Damian costume. even though I didn't read anything in this thread and will not Im gonna assume everything you posted here was a lie and invalid.... smh Damian NW.
You know I picked Damian on purpose because of how all (not all but most) you fuckers acted toward me at first. I know your all fanboys of NW so I wanted to be the villain. What better way than to out place all of you with the costume you ALL hate most.

:joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::joker::coffee:

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
I didn't "imply" anything, as I said if I meant something I would've said it implicitly. I never said they weren't but I never said they were either, irrelevant point.
I did say cancel b2 into other specials and you did say the hole is too big and that's fair enough, I was saying do that for mixups since b2~flipkick is expected that's all.
I didn't say cancel b112 I said do j3/wingdings/j3~wingdings after it, and yes I now know it's got too much pushback.
Fine 112 is backdashable and first hit is high but I said you don't really need to block low in Escrima.
I said can, not that you would do 5 mb staff spins, but it's still possibly an option is all.

My point is that I didn't get told half of this until later in the conversation. It's not that I don't believe you, I do or else I wouldn't have asked for explanation, but if you had just told me all of this in the first place then the conversation wouldn't have been half as long.
I also wanted to touch on j3. You spoke about it being 7 frames our however much it is. That may be true but coupled with NW jump startup it makes it less valuable but still useful in situations. IMO one of NWs best assets are his meaty attacks in escrima. Which means he should benefit from every knockdown he gets. Because of this I have been working really hard on finding ways to punish wakeups matchup specifically and incorporate these into oki. I honestly feel NW can find a way to destroy every wakeup in the game, but it won't come easy.

I'll say this again. NW is not bad. NW is one of those characters who has the tools to compete but how they are used depends on the player. Most of u just need to level up honestly. Setups alone won't win NWs matches. If u don't have the fundamentals then u will never understand it. I sseriously place NW under characters like martian, lex, batman, sinestro...etc. Has tools but but depends on the player

gpmoney

When it comes to NW its usually more the player who is making him look good and less of the character.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I'll say this again. NW is not bad. NW is one of those characters who has the tools to compete but how they are used depends on the player. Most of u just need to level up honestly. Setups alone won't win NWs matches. If u don't have the fundamentals then u will never understand it. I sseriously place NW under characters like martian, lex, batman, sinestro...etc. Has tools but but depends on the player
preach!