How important is Tag Mode?

• Extremely important

Votes: 15 27.3%
  • Not important

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • Somewhat important

Votes: 20 36.4%

• Total voters
Basic tag mode is super fun especially if you have casual friends in real life. Some of the funnest moments I had with mk9 in 2011 was going to my friends house and doing online tag team mode which in return got my friend more into mk9/FGs. Would love to see a tag team mode return again!

This was essentially @Ninj and I. He took the game much more serious and spent a lot of time in the lab, to the point where I couldn't compete with him at all. A great solution for us was to play online tag. Basically I'd play dig through as much as I could of the opponent and if I got "rekt" then inc @Ninj skarlet. It was a great solution for us to both play a game we enjoyed even though we were both at very different ends of the skill spectrum.

And lets be honest online ranked tag against noobs where you get a full two lives where you can Johnny cage F3 someone or Mileena D4, doesn't get better than that.

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
Tag mode could be included as a fun option like in MK9 but I see no reason for NRS to try to make it balanced or tournament viable. There are simply too many ways to abuse character synergies in tag mode. Trying to balance that would take a LOT of work. Balancing individual characters is hard enough as we all know.

A great 1v1 mode and a decent story mode is all we need. Maybe we need a better training mode too. But anything else that is included should just be there for fun and shouldn't take up much time or effort from NRS. Tag mode, chess, racing, test your might, sight, whatever must not take away from the essentials.

VenomX-90

"On your Knees!"
The one thing I liked in Tag in MK9 rather than the other Tag games like MvC series, Tekken or Street Fighter X Tekken is when one of your character gets killed you stll keep going, unlike the other 2 games where one of your characters is downed the round is over.

ThaShiveGeek

Est In Harvey 1989
Didn't care for tag mode. Rarely touched it. Come to think of it I don't really care for fighting games with a team of characters personally. I guess it would be cool/fun to play with a friend, but the people I know don't like MK so... yeah.

VOR

Noob
I like tag games at a tournament level. If done well, it could be another way to balance the game. Less matchup issues, since yeah, you have another character.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
For those of us buying a game to just have fun its SUPER important. We used to have get togethers with 4-8 people and do tag tournaments. Which means they sold 8 copies instead of just one to a competitive mk player

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
If they do tag this time they need to make it to where i can play tag online with one of my buddies against another player. Kinda like sf x tekken does

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
If they do tag this time they need to make it to where i can play tag online with one of my buddies against another player. Kinda like sf x tekken does
Hope u get your wish.

I think NRS knows they have to appease fans at both ends of the spectrum. Casual fans make up the overwhelming majority of the customers. But fighting games also need some competitive presence in the long run. So one or the other can't be ignored.

Immortal Kombat

almost moderate success
Hope u get your wish.

I think NRS knows they have to appease fans at both ends of the spectrum. Casual fans make up the overwhelming majority of the customers. But fighting games also need some competitive presence in the long run. So one or the other can't be ignored.
Biggest thing i want is an online tournament bracket mode