What's new

How I Beat All 30 Gauntlet Towers

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
What could they possibly do though? Every single button gets used. Consumables take 3 slots, so that’s 3 more unique buttons/combinations. Using the right stick for the different directions is really the only thing left...
I really don't know. There's already way too many buttons in MK11 as it is. It's absurd. I'll just need to use a pad and further cripple my chances of getting through this nonsense.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I really don't know. There's already way too many buttons in MK11 as it is. It's absurd. I'll just need to use a pad and further cripple my chances of getting through this nonsense.
I wonder if they could just create unique inputs that aren’t used by moves. Such as hold block, then press ff, dd, or bb. That would be your 3 consumables. Maybe that could work as an additional option for stick users. @16 Bit @tylerlansdown

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I wonder if they could just create unique inputs that aren’t used by moves. Such as hold block, then press ff, dd, or bb. That would be your 3 consumables. Maybe that could work as an additional option for stick users. @16 Bit @tylerlansdown
I tweeted Tyler about it, but I know they have more important issues to address. I was thinking you could just hold Flip Stance and hit up, down, left or right. I don't know.

Rpgz

Fraudguad/Weeb?
Entitled = wanting to play with a stick that's fully supported by the game, aside from one mode? Ok. I see you registered about a week ago. I'm sure you'll be another new favorite member of the board. Go back to GameFaqs.
yess you sound entitled since you have options already AND all u do is complain...typical now a days...and youre in denial...not a good look.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
I'm kinda hardstuck on Stage 8 or 9, the one, where you have to beat 3x Skarlet / 3x Shao Kahn / 3x Noob Saibot, but you always have to win with brutalities. I've tried all kinds of brutalities, but they never come out during the final hit.

Is there something I'm missing?

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
I'm kinda hardstuck on Stage 8 or 9, the one, where you have to beat 3x Skarlet / 3x Shao Kahn / 3x Noob Saibot, but you always have to win with brutalities. I've tried all kinds of brutalities, but they never come out during the final hit.

Is there something I'm missing?
Some brutalities are either bugged or they have the wrong criteria listed. Geras for example has brutality listed that simply does not work it's glitched.

Look for some one with a throw brutality and use them to do it.
Example is Cassie's forward throw. As long as you don't lose a round you can use her forward throw and keep forward held when doing it to get the brutality.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
Some brutalities are either bugged or they have the wrong criteria listed. Geras for example has brutality listed that simply does not work it's glitched.

Look for some one with a throw brutality and use them to do it.
Example is Cassie's forward throw. As long as you don't lose a round you can use her forward throw and keep forward held when doing it to get the brutality.
I've tried it with 3 or 4 of Sub-Zeros brutalities. Neither one works. His Uppercut brutality for example with D2 works in Survivor just fine, but it doesn't on that stage of that mode I'm stuck at right now.

Sub-Zeros Slide KB doesn't count for the character tower requirements in TOT, while other KBs do. I saw someone else state that for them it counted. That player was on the PC, while I'm at the PS4. Now I wonder if the platforms play a role in the bug war. On which platform are you?

Edit: Also, isn't it crazy how many bugs there are in MK11? It feels like they rushed the game like crazy. Or simply put in all of their money and resources into the games graphics and animations.

Edit 2: Your tip to try it with Cassie and her forward throw did the trick. That brutality works just fine and I'm using it right now. Thanks for that! Also, did you find another good consumable to spam damage? I have +200 of the other two, but only 50 Reiko shurikens.

Last edited:

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
I've tried it with 3 or 4 of Sub-Zeros brutalities. Neither one works. His Uppercut brutality for example with D2 works in Survivor just fine, but it doesn't on that stage of that mode I'm stuck at right now.

Sub-Zeros Slide KB doesn't count for the character tower requirements in TOT, while other KBs do. I saw someone else state that for them it counted. That player was on the PC, while I'm at the PS4. Now I wonder if the platforms play a role in the bug war. On which platform are you?

Edit: Also, isn't it crazy how many bugs there are in MK11? It feels like they rushed the game like crazy. Or simply put in all of their money and resources into the games graphics and animations.

Edit 2: Your tip to try it with Cassie and her forward throw did the trick. That brutality works just fine and I'm using it right now. Thanks for that! Also, did you find another good consumable to spam damage? I have +200 of the other two, but only 50 Reiko shurikens.
I'm on Xbox.
Yeah, there are a lot of bugs and balance issues. I'm still enjoying the game but it was definitely rushed. Revealed in December and released in April. That is pretty quick.

Bliss

Noob
I didn't even realize I was supposed to use aids in the fight until Gauntlet 13 or 14.

I hated a few of them:

Cassie Cage / Jacqui Briggs tag-team

Kano / Sonya Blade tag-team

Raiden where he imitated Rain / Shinnok by the colors of his costume and his aids.

I hated the Fatal Blow one where you had to kill everyone with Fatal Blows. I thought I could use "Kombo Blows" or whatever they're called like the uppercut one. Didn't realize 'til midway that I had to use the "Fatal Blow."

I hated the Kotal Kahn one as well.

The Captain Planet tower was sweet.

In summary, some of these pissed me off; but, I loved the themes of them. I also liked how they dressed up Scorpion as Smoke and Reptile; and, Sub-Zero as Rain and Ermac in the Chameleon stage. Liked it so much I changed my main Sub-Zero to the purple costume and named the "Dead of Winter" variation "Rain." Did the same with Scorpion "Reborn," but named it "Smoke" instead!!

Geras fight was easy with the Kung Jin stun arrows and Cyrax Net with 30% health regeneration (which wasn't really used), because Geras doesn't seem to block in the final stage.

I don't like modifier fights, but I liked these because of the themes. I love themes and shit. Especially creative ones like they did here. The random modifier fights elsewhere in Tower of Time is lame though.

I forgot to mention; the Gauntlets with the stupid modifier where you froze because of the weather conditions were the worst. So annoying because even if you blocked you'd be frozen. I didn't really lose on these (I think it was the Sub-Zero section); but, shit is stupid how you can't do anything about it if you don't have a "ICE modifiers don't affect you" aid.

Anyone know how to re-roll the towers? I'd like to go back to them sometime.

Last edited:

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
What could they possibly do though? Every single button gets used. Consumables take 3 slots, so that’s 3 more unique buttons/combinations. Using the right stick for the different directions is really the only thing left...
They could have allowed us to press a button combo like we can for throws. For example:

Flip Stance + Interact + direction

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
That would have been nice if I haven't consumed those for the char towers prepatch.

TrashMKX

Noob
I suggest you stop acting this way over absolutely nothing. His complaint doesn't mean he's entitled. You might wanna look up what it means before just throwing it out there.

It's a legitimate issue to have.

This is your only warning.
LOL.

Amneoss

Knowledge is Power
I've got like 100 kunais and emitters, but only 50 of Reiko's stars. I'm gonna definitely need to make more, but I need more mats. Haha.

Thank you very much.
Sektor's Homing Missile works in place of the Stars in a pinch.
Yeah the craziest thing is that these 3 (imo best konsumables) are craftable.

E

Eldriken

Sektor's Homing Missile works in place of the Stars in a pinch.
Yeah the craziest thing is that these 3 (imo best konsumables) are craftable.
Aye and it's x10 per craft and they don't cost much overall really.