What's new

How does Nw beat Cat woman?

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
After d1 what will he do? Waste a bar on staff spin and have catwoman crouch all of his pressure after it?

No. In this example the d+1 hit(she was mashing d+1) so you'd be dealing damage and knocking her away. But yeah, if she's blocking you should do d+1~mb Staff spin. She can't duck a standing 2. She has to guess.

You're right that she has an answer for the things LOTF brought up but she can't do them all at once. She can't sit crouching and wait for jump 2 while also jumping a GP while also stand blocking a standing 2. In staff stance NW out footsies her and gets to play his game against her. She's the one making reads on his choices.

Also someone brought up her stuffing his wakeups. He can do the same to get but worse.

oP Twist

Unknown Nightwing
No. In this example the d+1 hit(she was mashing d+1) so you'd be dealing damage and knocking her away. But yeah, if she's blocking you should do d+1~mb Staff spin. She can't duck a standing 2. She has to guess.

You're right that she has an answer for the things LOTF brought up but she can't do them all at once. She can't sit crouching and wait for jump 2 while also jumping a GP while also stand blocking a standing 2. In staff stance NW out footsies her and gets to play his game against her. She's the one making reads on his choices.

Also someone brought up her stuffing his wakeups. He can do the same to get but worse.
She can react to a s2 and mb b3 interrupt

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
My best exp was against 16 bit at FR. Remember he bodied me on stream.

Casuals afterward taught me tons.

J1 IMO is better than j2 cause it has a longer downward hitbox in this MU. I agree with Steve here

oP Twist

Unknown Nightwing
My best exp was against 16 bit at FR. Remember he bodied me on stream.

Casuals afterward taught me tons.

J1 IMO is better than j2 cause it has a longer downward hitbox in this MU. I agree with Steve here
My j1 usually whiffs on characters like cw and ww it might jut be my horrible spacing tho

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Its like 22 frames u can react to it maybe not u thanks do those old man reactions :16Bit

22 frames is not that slow. It also has a subtle animation. You have to recognize the move and then do the mb b+3 which takes 5 frames to have the armor active.

It's whatever though. We're back to the debate on if this move is good or not. I know a bunch of top players that also cannot react to this move, some of them 10 years younger than me. If the NW community has better players and better comp and it's not working then so be it. This is my take on the mu, YMMV.

Laos_boy

Meow Hoes
She can't really wake up due staff spin he has a corner vortex against her in the corner. You do your knock down then mb staff spin then 50/50 it's quite annoying.

The only NW i play is @oP Twist he beats me. I'd rather use Harley in this MU

oP Twist

Unknown Nightwing
She can't really wake up due staff spin he has a corner vortex against her in the corner. You do your knock down then mb staff spin then 50/50 it's quite annoying.

The only NW i play is @oP Twist he beats me. I'd rather use Harley in this MU
God i hate harley lol u should play @FOREVER EL1TE he needs help with the mu and i feel like u could be a huge help.

oP Twist

Unknown Nightwing
Laos boy said mb staff spin not b3.

Come on read dude. Stop saying counters. Everyone has counters. All I'm saying is it's not free pressure. NW has to make a read
I was saying that if u condition her not to wakeup with that with mb b3 she shouldnt do it as much in fear of it