What's new

How does Nw beat Cat woman?

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Why didn't you just make a post in the general mu discussion thread.

I'll make a post when I'm not on mobile

Why didn't you just make a post in the general mu discussion thread.

I'll make a post when I'm not on mobile
Those kinds of threads are so disorganised. It's very difficult to find specific MU knowledge in them. This goes for all character forum general MU threads. There should be 30 threads in every forum, one for each match up. Easier to look at a glance over 2 pages in the forums for specific threads regarding MU's than 30 pages with 10 posts in each and try to find that one magical post that addresses the match up.

Chongo

Dead Kings Rise
Those kinds of threads are so disorganised. It's very difficult to find specific MU knowledge in them. This goes for all character forum general MU threads. There should be 30 threads in every forum, one for each match up. Easier to look at a glance over 2 pages in the forums for specific threads regarding MU's than 30 pages with 10 posts in each and try to find that one magical post that addresses the match up.
Or you could make the very same post in the thread, and tag nw players in that post so they see that.

gpmoney

CORN | gpmoney. Saltier than a bag of chips.
I@FOREVER EL1TE I got nothin :\ I dont play the MU enough to know

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Do you mean how could it be 6-4 NW or how Nightwing could possibly win against her?

A lot of people post this as 6-4 NW but I think it's more 5-5. Personally I like to stay in staff. Better defensive options against her. What works for me is staying about starting length of the screen away from her. I feel like it's a sweet spot for me. NW's normals in staff will out range hers, and if she jumps with j2 your j2 in staff will beat hers since you are somewhat close and have the short hop. Just have to grind it out and avoid being in the corner at all costs.

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
Both. Right now I zone in escrima and jump 3 or in staff just personal defense. But I still lose
It's 5-5 imo. Well spaced wing-dings, air-to-airing with Staff J2, stuffing her wakeups, being able to anti-air on reaction with Flying Grayson if they decide to jump, and a floaty jump that can be anti-aired relatively easily in both stances all contribute to this MU being 5-5 for me.

KC H0oKsw0rds

iK A B A L
Play my Catwoman, then you'll win.
Lol but idk man it's 5-5 I'm pretty sure. What is getting u the most? You really can't afford to keep zoning her for long because she will eventually break through the zone and easily out damages NW. Piss her off at sweep distance with staff stance but careful not to whiff anything or get b3ed. Really it's just, don't do any one thing for too long. Mix up zoning then when she gets close check with b1 overhead or whatever it is. Etc. It's 5-5 they both have tools to counter each other

Hruza Da Bruza

Must Mash Harder!!!!!
I play 16bit all the time and it is a very even match-up. NW's Jump 2 beats her Jump 2 clean which can be converted into a full combo. he can also bully her on knockdown because of her lack of a fully invincible wake-up (Except for trait, which can be punished with Staff Standing 1). D1 Staff-spin is pretty free against her as well, and if you spend the bar to meter-burn it, just go for your 50/50 and she has to deal with it. He can also punish her Low-whip from anywhere with Ground Pound.

The key is to get in staff and stay in staff. Don't got out of it for any reason.

oP Twist

Unknown Nightwing
@FOREVER EL1TE did u play ra helios? He seems to know the mu better than any cw. Anyways her b3 wrecks nw staff because s1 whiffs on it and so does wu flip kick if she crouches. She can stuff a lot of nw's wakeups. I would prefer keeping her out especially if she has no meter i would prefer escrima and if she gets close use staff.

Last edited:
@FOREVER EL1TE did u play ra helios? He seems to know the mu better than any cw. Anyways her b3 wrecks nw staff because s1 whiffs on it and so does wu flip kick if she crouches. She can stuff a lot of nw's wakeups. I would prefer keeping her out especially if she has no meter i would prefer escrima and if she gets close use staff.
Yea I was playing ra helios

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
It's negative and d1 checks her after. Why does her b3 wreck. Standing 1 isn't as effective in the footsie game. It's more about jump normals, GP and d1 pressure

oP Twist

Unknown Nightwing
It's negative and d1 checks her after. Why does her b3 wreck. Standing 1 isn't as effective in the footsie game. It's more about jump normals, GP and d1 pressure
Who have u played the mu with? U have to preemtive jump 2 to beat her preemtive j2 and if it whiffs on her crouching hitbox its a free punish for her so u cant just jump like a bunny all game. All jump normals almost always whiff on her and u cant punish her backdashes with b1 or flying grayson. She can backdash after b3 and nw cant do much about it. Ground bound she can forward dash or j2 from a far range and punish you so u cant just throw it out. Mb b3 or f3 in general does great against staffwing because his only fast multihitting attack is staff spin.Your not gonna open up a character all day trying to d1 eventually your gonna have to take risks and s1 to open her up brcause d1 staff spin and d1 gp are not very good options against any character. If nw is in escrima she outfootsies him and nw can hardly ever do wingdings because her j2 can punish it.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
completely agree

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
After a b+3 is blocked if she backdashes you can punish it with standing 2.